What's new
xRGB mini uses the JPN21 SCART input, just about everything else (including OSSC) uses Euro style SCART input.
I've made two versions of the 8pin mini-din cable, one that ends in JPN-SCART and one that ends in EUR-SCART.

This way I can feed a xRGB from the HAS by using the JPN-SCART, or I can feed the OSSC from the HAS using the EUR-SCART.
I could also feed a xRGB mini directly with a male/male 8 pin mini-din cable, in fact I do... I just wanted to talk about the differences/need for two different styles.

OSSC lacks 8 pin mini-din input, and I find that upsetting... I f'n hate SCART heads!
Everything requiring 5 wire 15k (Red/Green/Blue/Sync/Ground) should be wired like this!
Sm4xd9StnQyqKaKodd_Q99XupPpk4SIwRWx43DLIk8vqO87Xz3ldlC9KyqO4TnJl8Y6BZx_oI3bSRPcfrr9H4z6Hng6cu79U2NdW2w=w1680-h1050-rw-no

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks to confirm.. My setup.. The one end with the 8m pin mini to HAS the other end (Euro SCART) to an EURO SCART switch input like a regular NES or SNES console..

I will fill out a survey shortly!

Any chance for the BNC cables - the 8pin mini DIN adapter + BNC cable, perfect for PVM or BVM monitors - 30 EUR that you had on sale before?
Hey, thank you.

I think I still have one or two cables like that.
@RGB - I'll take the 2nd one if it just so happens that you found more than one.

I'm curious if other folks do the same thing as me...

pretty much all my boards are on pcb feet. The HAS (v2 anyway) JAMMA connector is a bit lower than where the PCB's JAMMA edge is, so I'm always using something to lift the HAS. I know I could remove my acrylics and just screw pcb feet into the HAS, but it'd be great to keep the acrylics and still have the HAS at the right height. Maybe even a way to adjust the height. I may just go buy some longer machine screws and extra spacers, but if other folks have the same problem, @RGB maybe there is some adjustable-height solution?

I'm curious if other folks do the same thing as me...
I've been using cardboard shims to space up the RECO closer to the PCB JAMMA edge (keeping it inside the plexi case).
It would be nice to have a adjustable stand or something.

So, was the survey the only folks that will get to buy the HAS or was that just the cable?

@Dreamstate - The survey was for the HAS and accessories.

I managed to assemble all accessories excluding the Scart adapter cables (they're such a pain to put together T_T) and most HAS units, this means some of you may receive notifications sometime during next week (at last :D).

Crap. Ok, well, if there is a wait list, I'll get on it for the HAS itself. Don't need the cables, but I was hoping to get a HAS this time around.

RGB - put me on the waiting list as well for two HAS because I am sure that I did not click on two HAS when I completed the survey...

Some links for those waiting for HAS..
The guys at SHMUPS recommended this power supply which I used on HAS v2 and works very well. Was a bit hard to find since the seller did not put the model number on the listing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360127247409

Here is a cable that I am not sure if it works (have not tested) with people with NEC 29xm plus RGB CRT and Trisync Arecade monitor with RGB VGA input.. I have been looking for a mini din 8 to VGA cable for quite a while and I am hoping that this cable works. Will report once I test it.

http://www.marttree.com/mini-din-8-pin-to-hd15-vga-cable.html

I'd strongly recommend against the generic Chinese PSUs like that in favor of a Happ for a little more. It puts your expensive boards at risk and can generate video noise.

Mean Well and Happ are great.

Run away from Min Dong PSUs. .

Back