What's new

Tama-Y

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Unsure where to post this so please move it if necessary. Its mainly a huge shoutout and thank you to @Darksoft and @Mitsurugi-w.

Backstory, I purchased a CPS3 cart from Darksoft back in Dec. 21 but due to multiple reasons I never got around to plugging it in and trying it out.
Upon connecting it in last week (Aug 23), I was getting green garbage. Reaching out to Darksoft, he suggested trying out a few methods. We determined it was not working properly; probably due to bad storage on my part.

He offered to repair it even though it was way beyond a acceptable timeframe. I sent it out to Mitsurugi-w in the US and within a few days, it was shipped back (on their dime too!!!)
Booted up on first try. I am amazed by their customer support and service. These guys are amazing!

Thanks again!

Side note:
Turns out i have bad simms, error 26. Looks like ill need to replace some 128MB. X/

I'll give it another round of cleaning and see how it goes.
Will keep you all posted.

Thanks!

I could not get my last setup to boot without swapping around sims and rewriting. I just kept getting SIMM errors related to the 128MB slots. I wrote Jojo 2 and then afterwards wrote 3S and it was fine.

Jan 2024 Update:
Picked up a original 128 SIMM online in December, that came from another 3S setup.
Upon swapping out the one that was giving me issues, the original 3S cart booted up immediately.
Then swapped in the Darksoft cart & BlueScsi, and was able to load immediately.

Much thanks to @Darksoft & @Mitsurugi-w again!

Back