What's new
For Sale
I didnt have shipping issues with Ken from TheGameRoom and UPS, all pretty smooth.

New seller for the Vewlix's is KC from LA Amusement in Rosemead, never dealt with him before, was so difficult to understand on the phone. Much better through text. So, taking a chance to see how it goes with the shipping company he used.

Future purchases, I will just arrange my own shipping I think.

I've used half dozen or so different U-Ship people, all great. Usually better than the freight guys, and cheaper to boot.
I used U-ship twice. Both were great. One I waited 8 days until pickup because that's when he would be coming through that area but it was WAAAAAAAAAAY cheaper than a freight company. He was traveling south from Jersey. He usually makes his money transporting motorcycles but made room for my Wrestlemania cab. Even helped me load it in my truck at the place I met him (his truck wouldn't fit on the small street I live on because of the neighbors cars).

The second guy met me a few hours from my house as I was already making a game run in Raleigh. He picked up a token machine for me. It's a big huge heavy bitch. But he was traveling from South Carolina and he saved me about 4 hours time by picking it up and driving along the path he was already taking. Really good guy too. Only charged me like $100 for his service.

I recommend U-ship. Read reviews of the shippers if you can. But in general they seem to take better care of your cabinets than most shippers who are just doing their jobs. Their reputation on that site means a lot to them.

I'm sure cross-country will still be high. Though many people moving themselves will use your money to reduce the burden on themselves. So its definitely possible to find a cheaper rate.

Mitsurugi: Thanks for the U-Ship info, I'm def interested in checking 'em out.

I wanted to share these final package shipping images KC provided me, this is how the cab(s) will actually come.
51e13c2c-0c7e-4eb1-810e-5bf84ef2651d.jpg

3adab7e3-9578-46d7-b351-d82c4fb088b5.jpg

Did he send you any details/confirmation?
I replied to the email containing the above images this afternoon, asking for the date given by the trucking company for arrival at the local terminal (it would still need to be picked up and delivered to my house).

KC has not written me back yet as of this of posting, I will continue to update as details come in.

It looks well packed!! Gonna hold.out til you get yours before I wire him the funds.... hoping the best for you!

Guys the shipping info that I provided at the beginning of the tread was the best and cheaper option when I got my cabs and I had to arrange shipping.. they are broker and the actual company that will ship your staff is STI.. all the paper work was STI and they are insured for $1200, they call you, stop by and pack up the cabs and they place them on blanket raps..

but I would not recommend you coordinating shipping unless you have too.. If something goes wrong, you will have to accept the shipping and deal with filing a claim with the shipping company which is challenging. Is better if you let the seller arrange shipping for you.. If something arrives broken, you just refuse the package and contact the seller. Just my two cents..

Attachments

• EgreetII.jpg
    EgreetII.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
but I would not recommend you coordinating shipping unless you have too.. If something goes wrong, you will have to accept the shipping and deal with filing a claim with the shipping company which is challenging. Is better if you let the seller arrange shipping for you.. If something arrives broken, you just refuse the package and contact the seller. Just my two cents..
that's a helpful point. and thanks for the info on STI i will have to check it out.

so seller arrange shipping is normally expected? or just from professional seller? People selling their cab on a fourm or the like are expecting to set up shipping for the buyer?

I think most individuals and most people on Ebay expect the buyer to set up shipping. People that sell cabs for a living should have a freight account and discounts etc. If I sell you a cab you would need to arrange shipping, for example.

thanks Mirsu. I bought my first cab off another forum recently. I set up the shipping myself under the impression that shipping arrangements was the buyer's responsibility. Regarding SNK's comments, I was just checking if I was doing it right. I went with NAVL. used them to move a few times, and they didn't need much lead time to set up pick up. i was looking to use Uship, but was pressed for time to find a shipper.

that's a helpful point. and thanks for the info on STI i will have to check it out.
so seller arrange shipping is normally expected? or just from professional seller? People selling their cab on a fourm or the like are expecting to set up shipping for the buyer?
Usually the seller does not want to deal with setting up shipping because of all the problems that might came up from the shipping company breaking the units so the new trend is to have the buyer setup shipping and assume all the risk. When I was looking to get my cabs, I tried them all, Uship (was crazy in price from all the bidders, quotes etc) tried UPS, high, NAVL the same high and even local shipping company. the info that I provided, to Ship the two cabs from florida to me, I was quoted $350.. then the lady asked, are there any stairs?.. that will be another one hundred dollars.. that was to pick the unit, package it and delivery it inside my Castle:).. very cool price.. side note.. I once purchased a NEO, local 7 miles away. I posted on craiglist and call a few places to arrange picking up the unit and delivering it to my place and the cheapest price that I got was $220..go figure..

Unloading (yes we are having a snow storm today)
arcade01.png

Dolly
arcade02.png

Back door ;)
arcade03.png

Small Stair (notice the shipping damage on left front leg leveler)
arcade04.png

Unwrapping
arcade05.png

arcade08.png

Power cord and lock-tongs (note cab came without keys/tubular locks installed)
arcade06.png

Preparing to removing the control panel (my apt door is too narrow)
arcade07.png

Setup working (PC MAME source)
arcade09.png

arcade10.png

arcade11.png

Looks good. Hard to see the damage though. How bad is it?

Hard to see the damage though. How bad is it?
Bent... It appears it was extended, and must of caught on something while shipping.

I am going to try to pound the bent metal bracket (its riveted to the frame) back into shape.
Not being able to use the 2nd leveler makes it a little wobbly on my hardwood floor.

Back