What's new
For Sale
Actually gonna remove one pic, I think that was when I was running time crisis 3 video through the namco jvs io, and the rgb levels were too low. It runs on an extron now and looks better.

Edit; imgur won’t let me remove it. Whatever... TC3 looks better than that!

@rewrite the set came calibrated. The photos are just my iPhone, sorry no magic!

The photos are just my iPhone, sorry no magic!
Maybe I should try with my iPad then. I have awful luck trying to get my phone to work with CRTs, even using OpenCamera and other suggested-by-folks-who-photograph-crts-apps. :/

Your monitor looks kickass though.

Actually gonna remove one pic, I think that was when I was running time crisis 3 video through the namco jvs io, and the rgb levels were too low. It runs on an extron now and looks better.

Edit; imgur won’t let me remove it. Whatever... TC3 looks better than that!

@rewrite the set came calibrated. The photos are just my iPhone, sorry no magic!
show off :P with the crispy crt rgb goodness.

@Derick2k if you pay for it I can pick it up and hold it for you... I don't want to sit on it forever, but you are coming up at some point aren't you?
I gotta pass on this way too much with the other expenses I have right now.

The wife already hinted at changing one of the Samsungs for an oled since we are spending more time at home, and now apparently I need a new pool heater, guy is quoting me $6K on that (heat pump) to which I replied F'that, and I will go with a gas heater for $2K, cause the money Im saving with the heatpump over gas is eaten up buy the initial buy in of the heatpump, so on a 5 year expected warranty life its all the same cost. Gas heater is cheaper to maintain, parts more readily available, etc.. plus it heats up the pool way faster.

A little copy/paste from PM

Thinking $1000, and being able to pick it up Friday between 11 and 12. The logistical element is a bit tricky, as I’m not sure how to demo the unit. I could FaceTime or hangout live with someone to show them the set that way, but they can’t come into my office due to COVID. We are packing up the office to move, and only a few employees are allowed in at a time. Time Crisis 3 wiring is inside my cubicle ;)

When I bring it to the lobby maybe there will be outlets but I’m not sure. And that’s going to be kinda weird, but hey. I may try to pack something small like an Analogue SuperNT with a DAC so I have another video source to show.

Also I’m still waffling on if I’m gonna sell it honestly! My alternative is to bring it home and compare to my BVM 1915, then just sell one of them without the logistical headaches.

thanks for the interest and I’ll continue to discuss it with folks via pm until I have a plan

@ekorz The 20L5 is definitely a cut above the 1915 and I think you'd be better off with it unless you have a distaste for the sharpness on the L5.

The L5 has a 800 line shadow mask (higher than the 600 line masks of others) but what makes this version so great is its almost universial support for video modes.
240p
480p
720p
1080i

Its basically only missing 1080p and 4k (aka 2160p).
It also accepts RGBs or Component.

PVM 20L5? I'm interested. But it would be a 7-8 hour round trip drive and the price is pretty high.

PVM 20L5? I'm interested. But it would be a 7-8 hour round trip drive and the price is pretty high.
Expensive toys are expensive, unfortunately :(
No doubt. This would be a minor upgrade for my PVM-20M2U that I use for tate games. I don't think it is enough of an upgrade to justify the purchase and the trip.

I don't think it is enough of an upgrade to justify the purchase and the trip.
If you need 31k, it's one of your few options. If you don't, it's not much of an upgrade for sure.

I don't think it is enough of an upgrade to justify the purchase and the trip.
If you need 31k, it's one of your few options. If you don't, it's not much of an upgrade for sure.
My non tate monitor already supports 31KHz and is bigger (BVM-D32). If the PVM-20L5 supported 24KHz, then it would be worth it.

Its dose, its a true multi-sync.
This I don't believe is true at all. I'd enjoy being proven wrong, but I'm really pretty certain you're incorrect here.

I specifically had to hunt down an early 90s PC monitor to get 24k for old JP PCs.

I'm 99% sure that that's correct.
Sorry you are right, I had to check the manual...
KSQmf1g.png

It IS 15k~45k but for some reason skips ALL the 24k res.
Which is F'n stupid if you ask me wtf Sony.

“Thinking $1000, and being able to pick it up Friday between 11 and 12.“

that’s a killer deal right there..if you were local and I could check it out, this would have been SOLD:)

Back