What's new

dog789

Student
Reaction score
So, I think you may have read one of my previous threads and if so I was able to get all of my CF cards to load. YEAH!! The odd news is that when I play games like Rumble Fish 2 with my CPS2 harness, the 4,5 & 6 buttons work just fine. However, when I tried to play Samurai Showdown tonight the bottom 3 buttons do not register. I had a similar error with Guilty Gear XX where the bottom left buttons (1 player) showed player 3 in the settings and the bottom right (2 player) buttons showed as player 4. WTF?

Running the following:

Naomi 1 MB
NetDIMM
Capcom I/O
CF Reader
Blast City Cabinet

Anyway, if anyone has seen issues like this or could possibly help I would really appreciate it. I'll recheck my kick harness but I think it's fine.

Just to clarify, I know Samurai Showdown 7 is an Atomiswave game and only has 5 buttons. It's just that none of the kick buttons work at all. I'm wondering if there is an issue with my kick harness?

Thanks,

Dog

Last edited:
So, update. I put in a brand new 2 player controller that I'm 99% is wired correctly and we have since played games on using 5 buttons. However, I just put in Hokuto no Ken which never has an issue with 5 buttons and only 2 buttons work. But, all the buttons register in the I/O test. The top 3 buttons show as ON and the bottom 3 (kick harness) show as OFF. Once again, I know that Atomiswave does not utilize button 6 but you get the point.

So obviously something is wrong with my kick harness but why doesn't button 3 do anything in Hokuto no Ken? Is that a power up button or something?

Also, how can I find a kick harness to connect to the Capcom I/O and to the Blast City cab?

Thanks for your help and hopefully this clears things up a little.

the capcom I/O has a switch to go between 2P 6-button mode and 4P mode... make sure it's switched in the correct direction (switch it while off before powering up as I believe it only checks on boot)

Twisted, thanks very much. I went ahead and put my old Capcom I/O that was working before and all buttons are back to normal. When I looked inside of my other two Capcom I/Os I see that there is a blue button and dip switches. Do you know of a diagram anywhere I can tell which is 2 or 4 player? I'll Google to see if I can find anything.

Thanks again!

FYI: that link you posted has some bad information in terms of pinouts... I wouldn't trust it.

The switches are labeled on the PCB silk screen, though it's difficult to see with the metal cage.
One switch changes the video sync mode (C-sync vs H-Sync) and the other is for 2P/4P mode.

I think you can just barely make out the labels without a JAMMA harness installed, but it should be clear if you remove the top of the cage to get a better view.

OK cool but the main thing you can get out of that link is in order to get two player, the dip switch to the right of the blue test button, the switch should be moved to the right. Correct?

I can't confirm unless I dig out my own Capcom I/O and look.

however if you go into the NAOMI test mode and run the JVS test it should tell you if the I/O board is configured for 2 player 12 bits or 4 players 12 bits

OK good to know thanks. I think it does need to be to the right for 2 player. I'll remove my Capcom I/O board that is on two player and analyze it against the other two .

Thanks again.

Back