What's new
I can handle that bit. I've got spare blanks around. I'll need to learn the resistor's value so I can replace it though.

Gonna need one (1) CPS1.5 kit once they become available for my Saturday Night Slam Masters.

Thanks!

Gonna need one (1) CPS1.5 kit once they become available for my Saturday Night Slam Masters.

Thanks!
Dude, did you get that NOS one on FB? He didn't want to open to to check the battery damage situation, but it did look so sweet from the pictures!

Nah, didn't get it off of FB. QuarterArcade had one for like $225. Board is super clean, no battery acid damage, and the case is in great shape.

Need to desuicide it and make sure it's all working; only real concerns would be the customs.

Last edited:
For anyone who recently ordered/received one of the early boards and would like to see an installation video, I should be putting one up in the next few days :)

@benime wow, killer deal! By "phoenix it," do you mean with the InfiniKey way or Dead Battery Society way? If the latter, I don't recommend it since it requires cutting traces on your boards. If you plan on doing InfiniKey, just wait for that :)
-ud

If the latter, I don't recommend it since it requires cutting traces on your boards. If you plan on doing InfiniKey, just wait for that :)
-ud
This. Always. Or Arduino if you can't wait and then InfiniKey later :)

For anyone who recently ordered/received one of the early boards and would like to see an installation video, I should be putting one up in the next few days :)

@benime wow, killer deal! By "phoenix it," do you mean with the InfiniKey way or Dead Battery Society way? If the latter, I don't recommend it since it requires cutting traces on your boards. If you plan on doing InfiniKey, just wait for that :)
-ud
Yeah I should've said 'de-suicide' via Arcade Hacker's method.

I reprogrammed the keys via arduino and it's working like a champ.

Please put me on the order list for infinikey kabuki 1.5 bundle for dokaben pcb & punisher

Last edited:
You need make a tutorial for phoniexed games.
I want and I know more people in the same situation, revert the process and use a infinikey.
I have warrior of fate cps1.5 game all original Phoenixed (because the battery was dead).
I hope you make a video.

You need make a tutorial for phoniexed games.
I want and I know more people in the same situation, revert the process and use a infinikey.
I have warrior of fate cps1.5 game all original Phoenixed (because the battery was dead).
I hope you make a video.
You could find a tutorial on how to do the mod and just reverse the instructions

Yep! Going to need a cps1.5 Kit for Saturday night slam :)
Where can I order/pre-order/sign-up?

Nice work! Be interested to know when these are available too.

Thanks for the info on the Buster Bros / Pang ram trick. I have a PCB that is doing exactly that, I'll have to give it a go.
It had the large kabuki block with the 3x CR2032 style batteries in the block, so I replaced with a stock z80 and replaced the program roms with decypted replacements.

I received assembled units weeks ago, but it's taken me a bit of time to inspect and program everything :)

I can sell directly (send PM) and soon through distributors Paradise Arcade (USA), Video Game Perfection (EUR), KVCLab (JP), and maybe Sneeek (AU) when I finally get them stocked up.
-ud

Back