What's new
Blast City PSU is the oldest of them all, so no wonder it's performing the worst. Give it five years and your SUN PSUs are going to perform just as badly.

2. I'd love it if you re capped the PSU on my blast that would be very cool of you
If you were local to me, I would absolutely do it for you. It's like a 15 minute job with a desoldering tool.

My PSU and many of my friends with blasts cannot power a full net dimm set up and I wouldn't recommend trying it.
Don't tell me they're all powering their setups with a Capcom IO.

Yeah. Naomi+Netdimm can be handled by basically any PSU that had 3.3v (not many W used at all).

Powering it of Capcom IO wont work though since its too many amps on the 3.3v for the
Capcom IO dc->dc.

Not sure what a blast PSU looks like on the inside but PSU recapping has been the easiest soldering jobs for me so far. Not too many caps and the ones in there are usually nice and big with fat solder blobs to get too. Might be time to pick up an iron my friend :thumbsup:

Yeah I’d lean towards listening to guys like twistedsymphony, nem, and PascalP since they’ve are practically experts on this hardware and have been contributing guides Tutorials and information for years.

Yeah I’d lean towards listening to guys like twistedsymphony, nem, and PascalP since they’ve are practically experts on this hardware and have been contributing guides Tutorials and information for years.
Truth, I am still reading posts made by twisted and nem from years and years ago, on every forum related to arcades you can imagine. When they speak you take it as gospel.

Truth, I am still reading posts made by twisted and nem from years and years ago, on every forum related to arcades you can imagine. When they speak you take it as gospel.
You guys don't have to listen to me. The hero worship isn't necessary either. Listen to the facts and the data. My insight is purely anecdotal. I'll recap my PSU and see how it goes.

Edited: My apologies. Brizzo is right, a rebuilt or renewed PSU should be one of the first things to look into. No offence meant. X/

Last edited:
@Scillianaire has made it clear his opinion about power supplies are anecdotal so we can stop going in circles about his opinion on them.

Fact remains rebuilding power supplies is simple and in the big picture it will save your pcbs from potential damage down the road.

Anyhow, let's get back on to topic here.

Now that my prayers been answered with CPS 1, Any Dreamcast based Multi, whether it be Naomi or Atomiswave, I will buy one and hang up my arcade collecting hat and go into Pins or vintage vending. I am down to buy one.

We NEED that Naomi multi, NetBooting sucks because it involves that power hungry DIMM module.
A multi cart device that behaived just like a Naomi Everdrive (ie microSD port, ROM and GDROM format supported, game-genie like patching of offsets on the fly directly from in-game menu).
Oh also saving and restoring memory/game data upon loading same titled ROM name.

I forget if I responded to this or not but I would definitely be in for one (1) of these. My Netboot works just peachy, but losing scores/unlocks/etc on power off is a pain. Also faster loading and all of the other features would be great.

Re: the topic of PSUs, I've already encountered Sun PSUs from Naomi Universal cabs failing under load. Main filter caps tested bad, mostly.

Is this still gauging interest? I'd buy one at the drop of a hat.

out of curiosity, anyone knows which was original price for official Sega's Multi RAM-cart for NAOMI, which we call DIMM-board these days ?

Back