What's new
naomi multi interest thread on the top stack again?

obligatory "yes please give me this" post.

far far far far too many good games on this system; some of which still being played at major tournaments, I might add, to not have this be some kind of priority to whoever may or may not be working on this.

Please don't make me purchase a VO oratan cart- I only have so many kidneys left to sell for arcade games :rolleyes:

Is a Naomi multi cart being considered at all? I know this thread is "unofficial" but the possibility of one is too interesting.

Is a Naomi multi cart being considered at all? I know this thread is "unofficial" but the possibility of one is too interesting.
I'd like to think every profitable idea would be considered, and as this thread has shown people want it/are willing to pay.
Really what we should be talking about is the barriers to its creation.
I know the connectors used on the original Naomi carts was an issue at one point, and as a result it was suggested for such a cart to get made it would require destroying an original cart?

I'd like to think every profitable idea would be considered, and as this thread has shown people want it/are willing to pay.Really what we should be talking about is the barriers to its creation.
I know the connectors used on the original Naomi carts was an issue at one point, and as a result it was suggested for such a cart to get made it would require destroying an original cart?
Excellent point. Doesn't sound too far from the idea of the CPS2 multis having to replace pieces on an original board although I'm sure the technology is worlds apart. If the pins for the connector are standard then advancements in 3D printing may be a way around that.

I'm certainly no expert though. It's one helluva problem to solve.

Hell yeah - especially if it'll run with the capcom or Sega V2 jamma->jvs adapters.

I'm rocking a pair of official Sega CF-card readers at the moment and a big box of industrial CF-cards I got for free!

Netbooting sucks big hairy balls.

Virtual on game for the Naomi system. Pretty rare and the original panels also. You can play this vs

this is possible using regular DIMM (however not SATA but IDE HDD), with some customized firmware.
2ucmjo.jpg

I love the idea of seeing it load from SATA HDD in a couple of seconds with a proper menu, so there is no need to remove / add CF, etc.
and the funny thing - this is possible using regular DIMM (however not SATA but IDE HDD), with some customized firmware.
But you still have the same problem that the dimm board is unreliable if you power the Naomi from either the Capcom or Sega V2 JAMMA->JVS adapters.

However : If you're saying a multi could be made using an PATA HDD then it should also be possible to make one to run from a large CF-Card using the existing CF-readers that FW 4.02 enabled.

That'd be a much easier solution but far from the gold key that I think a lot of people are seeking --- No Sun/ATX PSU requirement.

The DIMM itself has a whole separate SH-4 on it :|

Back