What's new
I would say the "good" version of Magician Lord is the one that's fun to play.

If my memory is correct, the MVS version let's you pickup and continue from the exact spot where you die.

The AES version makes you start from the beginning of the level with you continue.

Having grown up with the home version on AES, I think it sucks. The game is not well balanced and in any form but at least in MVS version you can play the game. That's just my opinion, obviously.

I'm a big fan of the game but most of it is probably related to nostalgia. It was the pack in game with my older brother's AES from with I was 12 years old (he's 7 years older than me so he was working but living at home. We were not rich AES kids). I used to bring the memory card to the arcade to get past the difficult levels (all of them after 2 or 3) be ecause I didn't have to restart level on continue). I would save and then bring the card home. I would also pray I didn't lose the card because I didn't want to face my brother if I did. Having the ability to use the memory card in an MVS machine is probably the only reason I have positive memories of the game. I never play the AES version today (having access to MVS).

I would rather have a fun game than some minor extra content (and added jank).

Of course, I respect whatever is on the cart when it arrives.

Man, didn't realize there's such a thing around Magician Lord. I don't think it's fun to play in any version, lol. Great atmosphere though.

I just re-ran VTXCart after adding the maglord revision in and it fits both versions fine. There will be both!

Lol. Yeah the home version of Magician Lord is quite a bit more challenging than the MVS version, due to how it handles continues. I invented multiple new strings of obscenities, trying to get to the final stage.

By the way, I never got any emails or IMs about payment, after I answered the questionnaire on Monday. No worries if you haven’t gotten to me yet, I just want to make sure I didn’t miss something that went into a spam folder. Thanks.

By the way, I never got any emails or IMs about payment, after I answered the questionnaire on Monday. No worries if you haven’t gotten to me yet, I just want to make sure I didn’t miss something that went into a spam folder. Thanks.
Got you this morning, Sir. I put a note to swing back around and then forgot :(.

71/75 spoken for, then we move to a waitlist and batches of 6.

I have a V3 Cart, can I get put on the list to have mine modded? I can ship it to you when you're ready.

I have a V3 Cart, can I get put on the list to have mine modded? I can ship it to you when you're ready.
Consider me ready. I'll shoot you a PM.

That's the last spot pending deposit from @samlieu . Anyone here forward is on the waitlist.

Man, didn't realize there's such a thing around Magician Lord. I don't think it's fun to play in any version, lol. Great atmosphere though.

I just re-ran VTXCart after adding the maglord revision in and it fits both versions fine. There will be both!

That's great news. When the Neo-Geo was released I purchased it with Magician Lord and I can say the AES version was so much more difficult to complete than the MVS version due to the aforementioned reasons.

The AES version would only let you continue at the middle of the stage IIRC, while the MVS version allowed continuing right where you left off provided you fed the cabinet with money of course.

So, what I did was I got as far as I could at home on the AES version and saved it to memory card. I then went to the local arcade with the memory card and continued the game at the difficult point I couldn't get past at home, passed the area and saved it again. Took the card back home and continued and completed the game :)

Looking at the game list... its a bummer Eye of the Typhoon hasn't been able to make it.
(Edit: looks like NeoTris will make it)
Regardless, looking foward to the carts.
Big thanks to everybody making this hard work happen.

Looking at the game list... its a bummer Eye of the Typhoon hasn't been able to make it.
(Edit: looks like NeoTris will make it)
Regardless, looking foward to the carts.
Big thanks to everybody making this hard work happen.
TeoT has an option to purchase, and while you can name your price at $0 it feels wrong to commercialize it (even if this is barely commercialization).

Neotris dev hasn't logged on in 2+ years. Neotris Beta 2 compiles alright, and is explicitly labeled free on their site (was this ever finished even?), so I suppose it won't hurt to include.

TeoT has an option to purchase, and while you can name your price at $0 it feels wrong to commercialize it (even if this is barely commercialization).

Neotris dev hasn't logged on in 2+ years. Neotris Beta 2 compiles alright, and is explicitly labeled free on their site (was this ever finished even?), so I suppose it won't hurt to include.
Fair enough on the TeoT.

I have a "retail" copy of Neotris. Is there a way to dump the data?
It's a bit more complete than the beta2.
I know for a fact the dev is not making any more carts (somewhere around 53 w/ the prototype he sold off)
He did mention he'd release the rom, but that's yet to be seen.

EDIT: Reached out to him to see if he'll grant his blessing.
Seems like he's working on a new game for NeoGeo.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubP-DG3_rgQ&ab_channel=Futuramax

Regarding TEOT the dev describes the ROM as free, though you could always double check with them. I think they would love to see more people playing their game and to build interest for their next project.

Post in thread 'New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT'
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index...ebrew-in-development-teot.264997/post-4456716
Just threw them a bit of money to download it myself, will turn it into DS format and see if vtxcart.exe likes it or not and reach out directly in the mean-time.

Sounds good on neotris @Psyko-M1

Back