What's new
Add me to the waitlist for the MVS cart as well. How would I pay you for the MVS cart? (I don't have a donor 161-in1 cart on me sadly).
Added.

I'll pester you for a deposit when I'm ready to order carts again. Thanks!

PXL_20231204_061115044.jpg

For this reason alone I'm never going to do a huge batch of these again.

3 14 hour days programming roms to make these little stacks...

Very thankful that there are only 15 AES carts to follow this, ha.

On the upside, wrist is feeling great, and ready to tackle the rest of this now.

Really appreciate your work on these! As a mostly software guy, the physical side of things here is well beyond my skill set!

Nice! This is an enormous undertaking, to do so many units, & it is very much appreciated. Also, be careful of ESD, now that the weather is becoming cooler/dryer.

On the upside, wrist is feeling great, and ready to tackle the rest of this now.
Thank you for putting in the effort and intricate tech knowledge for us less experienced. Super excited!

Also, be careful of ESD, now that the weather is becoming cooler/dryer.
We're actually more humid and wetter weather here in the winter. Humidity in Riverside doesn't change much throughout the year at all honestly, but we're on the wetter side of things now!

Anyhow, yes! I know all about it. I worked for a big electronics recycler repairing phones/tablets/TVs of value for resale for a while. No one will drill ESD safety into your head more than folks who got things for free and want to resell them for real money... My advice is don't recycle your old electronics (unless truly beyond repair), give them to friends, family, groups who will give them to people in need. The whole bring in your old XYZ and we'll take care of it setups are all absolutely for profit, and it sucks.

Rant over. Thanks @JacksonRR1 @gameofyou and @Flain for the kind words. I'm chugging along, and we'll get there. Got to cut a TON of sockets to length this morning since I keep forgetting until about 30 minutes after dark and can't do it, ha.

This forum really needs a :wideyed: react emoji.

@rewrite apologies if this was asked before, I’m too lazy to sift through 12 pages… what’s the plan with shells and labels?
I assume you’ll be including the shell that comes with the cart, but I was thinking it would be great to have a custom label that differentiates this from a regular x-in-1 carts.
Any thoughts?
I could assist in creating some label art if need be.

@rewrite apologies if this was asked before, I’m too lazy to sift through 12 pages… what’s the plan with shells and labels?
I assume you’ll be including the shell that comes with the cart, but I was thinking it would be great to have a custom label that differentiates this from a regular x-in-1 carts.
Any thoughts?
@PhysicalMedia might be able to help :)

Any thoughts?
Everything as it came from China, unless someone else takes up the call on the label front end to end. A few folks have talked about it but no one has followed through far as I know.
ESD causes billions of dollars in losses each year. It's very real and not always obvious.
Absolutely does. Or in the recycler's case lost potential profits since they paid nothing to acquire things anyway.

Today I'm building the Controleo3, so likely very little direct progress. I've had good luck with my cheap-o reflow oven and these 1.27mm headers, and it takes less time to clean up bridges on 6 44-pin headers from the oven than it does to hand solder 2 of them. The Controleo3 will fit 2 PCBs at a time, so I can do one entire cart at once. My cheap-o oven only fits one PCB and I'd have to spin it 90 degrees and run it again because it doesn't have enough power (or maybe it's just inefficient use of that power) to heat evenly.

I tried getting fancy with drag soldering with one of those really wide razor blade looking tips on a few PCBs, but that just ended up putting so much flux into the connectors that they didn't want to read very well at all (thanks gravity), and it's a fool's errand to try cleaning out these tiny connectors. You'd pull the daughterboard back out and you could feel the tackiness on the pins. It's just not an option.

any chance could i be in the waitlist, and would i be able to buy the cart and send it to you for reducing the price?

any chance could i be in the waitlist, and would i be able to buy the cart and send it to you for reducing the price?
It wouldn't be worth your money, but yes? Like it costs both you and I the same amount to purchase the cart. So you're not saving anything, really. And tacking on shipping to me from you just costs you more in the end.

I'll add you to the list no problem though.

Controleo3 is a brutal build. I'd rather build 10 neo carts than deal with this thing. The instructions leave a ton to be desired. It's 85% built right now, and with any luck I'll be done before bed, but good Lord do I finally understand why the price difference between a pre-built and the kit is $900. I could not be paid to deal with this foolishness, ha.

I hope it works T_T

Reactions: ack
Update: Controleo3 works it seems. Just need to install the ceramic fiber blanket and put it back together. A project for tomorrow.

It wouldn't be worth your money, but yes? Like it costs both you and I the same amount to purchase the cart. So you're not saving anything, really. And tacking on shipping to me from you just costs you more in the end.

I'll add you to the list no problem though.

Controleo3 is a brutal build. I'd rather build 10 neo carts than deal with this thing. The instructions leave a ton to be desired. It's 85% built right now, and with any luck I'll be done before bed, but good Lord do I finally understand why the price difference between a pre-built and the kit is $900. I could not be paid to deal with this foolishness, ha.

I hope it works T_T
thanks for the add

Well, today's not the day for me.

On-site storage got broken into, tons of my tools stolen, welder, die grinders, etc etc. They even stole my Rhea modded Sega Saturn and an aquarium filter for God knows what reason. And all the keys to the entire apartment complex. So I've spent the entire day so far with the police and being swapped between insurance personnel and telling everyone their homes are being re-keyed this afternoon.... Soon to be re-keying...

Tried to take a break and just finish the oven to take my mind off things, and AC sparks everywhere... Took out a power strip, but after 10 minutes of "JFC why won't it power on?" after fixing the issue (I hate spade connectors, and it's firmly soldered in place now), I realized the surge protector got popped. Seems to work now, but what a frustrating experience. I hope to accomplish /something/ today, but who knows what.

Well fuck, that blows man. No video of the break in?
You ever know anyone who just repeatedly has remarkably bad but very odd luck?

We got a kitten 2.5 months ago, I saved him from almost dying in some bushes. He returned the favor by apparently unplugging the camera that sits in the window that you have NO choice but to pass by if you want to get into my storage room.... Smart enough to get cloud-based back-up in case the SD card went out, but not smart enough to consider it could've gotten unplugged.

I'm of course now putting one up in the storage as well, but little late.

Fucking cats. You know he did it on purpose. Might have even got a cut of the sale, but it's possible he did it for free just for the chaos. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Back