What's new
Well this is a true madmans thread lol. I bought the programmer and a blue cartridge a while ago for building ONE cartridge one day when I feel like it.. 75... that's just insane

I'll get everyone updated here in a bit. And start to go back through PM's of which I've fallen way behind on again.

Managed to get bronchitis and have both my grandparents pass over the holiday break here, so it's been a rough little bit at the rewrite household.

JLCPCB *still* hasn't sent the daughterboards. Can't trust their estimates, I guess :/

Big long dumper board was working great for a while, but now just shows 4 errors no matter what I do. I'm not sure if the sockets are breaking due to the board flexing during chip removal, or what. This is definitely the largest hurdle and I'd love for there to be just about any solution at all for it, because this is awful. I am going to try removing and putting new sockets on this afternoon. I'll also have more 2.54mm sockets in today so I can build a few more of these.

The final 5 AES carts are in, CPLDs programmed, and will have their SMD chips stripped and programmed before the day is done. If nothing else at all I will accomplish this today.

Which will put us at:

AES:
All boards stripped, all CPLDs programmed, all SMD chips programmed.

Still need SMD chips soldered back on, and daughterboards programmed/installed.

MVS:
All boards stripped, all CPLDs programmed, all SMD chips programmed, half of the SMD chips are installed.

Other half of the SMD chips need to be soldered back on, and daughterboards programmed/installed.

Daughterboards:

30ish C1 are programmed/verified/dumped/CRC Compared and installed on dual daughterboards.
18 C3 are programmed/verified/dumped/CRC Compared.

@rewrite your work is awesome. I am glad that you have had luck programming the CPLD, because they continue to resist to me to be programming. I test with a pull down and pull up resistors and a external power supply with 3.3 v.

I believe I'm caught up on the waitlist. Please check sheet 2 of the google sheet on the first post if you're uncertain.

PM's hopefully by end of tomorrow.

Man, sorry to hear about that with your family and being sick. Life is a bitch a lot of times :(

PS. I still didn't make your wait list. Ill need a MVS, the whole kit.

Life often brings those kinds of miseries in bunches. My condolences on your loss. Remember to take breaks and let us know if you need anything.

@rewrite Sorry for your loss, been though something simlar a few years ago - still hard

I'm on the waiting list, unsure if its worth noting now but;
  • XenoCrisis - Just bought the Neo Geo ROM from Bitmap Bureau site :)
  • Donor (MVS) Cart - I have a spare v3 161, but might not make sense shipping as I'm based in EU, plan on using postal forwarder to save yourself hassle
  • Deposit - I'm happy to pop funds now/whenever

Hello;

Sorry, but I have not had the best of circumstances to be able to reaffirm what I have said weeks ago. I'm signing up for the waiting list for the complete pack (I don't have the original multi cartridge) for a NeoGeoAES with Unibios 4.

Thank you all very much, tremendous work!

Hello @rewrite

I have gone through the list again and finally I have completely disappeared. Does this mean that I am not on the waitlist and that I will not be part of it at any time?

Thanks in advance!

Hello;

Hello @rewrite

I have gone through the list again and finally I have completely disappeared. Does this mean that I am not on the waitlist and that I will not be part of it at any time?

Thanks in advance!
I /know/ you were on there. I don't know what happened, but I'm tossing you back on. I think something got messed up when I was dealing with the folks who backed out, and bringing a couple people over to the current batch list. Fixed now in any case.

Got everyone else too. And thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate it.

AES S/M/P roms are all programmed now. Going to pull the daughterboards off them today, and we'll (almost) officially be at a standstill waiting for the daughterboards to come in from JLCPCB. Those have finally shipped and will supposedly be here Wednesday.

About the only thing I can do in the meantime is keep attempting to program the STILT daughterboards that came out clean.

Got another programmer built this morning as well as replacing the sockets on the other one and now up and running programming C3's at TWICE the speed of two snails in a tug of war!

Definitely the sockets that were an issue, and not looking forward to replacing them every dozen or so programs, but nice to know that they're the cause of my sudden influx of errors. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better quality option that isn't $9.80 per socket.

Thanks to U!

I /know/ you were on there. I don't know what happened, but I'm tossing you back on. I think something got messed up when I was dealing with the folks who backed out, and bringing a couple people over to the current batch list. Fixed now in any case.

Got everyone else too. And thank you all for the kind words. I appreciate it.

AES S/M/P roms are all programmed now. Going to pull the daughterboards off them today, and we'll (almost) officially be at a standstill waiting for the daughterboards to come in from JLCPCB. Those have finally shipped and will supposedly be here Wednesday.

About the only thing I can do in the meantime is keep attempting to program the STILT daughterboards that came out clean.
Mine is for an AES with Unibios 4, if i can help

Greetings

Back