What's new

XtraSmiley

Legendary
Reaction score
EDIT: A quick note yes this totally sucks but I’m not going to shame the seller as he offered an immediate refund and apologize for the situation I’ve also explain to him how to pack better in the future, so hopefully other games won’t be destroyed. Please don't name call the seller or try to dox him, this is a friendly forum. Please do commiserate the potential death of a uncommon game with me! :)

So, despite repeatedly asking the seller to pack well because an arcade PCB with a LARGE hunk of metal and an EXTRA LARGE heat sink mixed with 3 PCBs don't work well if the packing is shit, he still packed like shit. NO JOKE, used empty chip bags and a tiny bit of thin bubble wrap, that's it. Needless to say, I'm getting a black screen on boot up.

Questions for the big brains here:

1. Would Batman even work with just the STV mobo and the cart? (I don't have the power cable for the sound board anyway, even if it wasn't damage)?
2. I know where the missing caps go, what the hell is this extra green part?
3. He's offered a refund if I mail it back, I prefer to keep it, if it seems repairable. How much should I offer if choose to keep it (as in how much should I offer to pay for the item in this current condition)? I agreed to keep everything for $75, which is a bit high, but I figured I can get the cart working probably.. maybe? Or, maybe I'm an idiot... but I'd be out shipping getting it back to him and my initial shipping is gone, so it's about $50 for these "parts."

Thanks guys.

It's my lucky day indeed!
IMG_9912.jpeg

Not joking, this is "good" packing. Also, I paid $25 for shipping, he paid $14... I mean the extra $11 could have gone to better packing materials...
IMG_9911.jpeg
What is this piece?
IMG_9909.jpegIMG_9910.jpeg
It was floating on the motherboard.
IMG_9907.jpeg
Which is missing at least one cap.
IMG_9908.jpeg

Here's the Batman cart (with super heavy metal plate that did most of the damage). One cap that I can see busted off.
IMG_9906.jpeg

Here is the sound board, which has major scraping due to the Batman cart. No idea if traces are busted as I don't have a MM handy.
One silver component is ripped off and hanging by a thread.

IMG_9902.jpeg

IMG_9904.jpeg
IMG_9901.jpeg

Last edited:
Christ.

I would be surprised if that small PCB had anything to do with the game.

Not worth keeping at a lower price?
IMHO, not really. STV is a finnicky system as is, and do you even have proof it was working before being sent to you? Lord only knows what all was damaged.

I would not pay anything more than what it's worth to me in parts.... Honestly I would probably mail it back unless you can keep it for next to nothing.

IMHO, not really. STV is a finnicky system as is, and do you even have proof it was working before being sent to you? Lord only knows what all was damaged.

I would not pay anything more than what it's worth to me in parts.... Honestly I would probably mail it back unless you can keep it for next to nothing.
Based on another thread here, it looks like it was the same system @ZoomBoy bought (I noticed the same serial number and missing cap from his thread) so it looks like it did NOT work, even before the damage shipping.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/batman-forever-sound-board-harness.12629/

Dang. I guess I'll have to send it back, I was really hoping to have a working Batman too.

OK, I agreed to keep everything for $75. It's a little on the high side, but shipping it back would cost me money and I have a working STV motherboard somewhere (with my multi) so I figure, one cap on the Batman cart and I HOPE at least it works.

I'll figure out the sound board later...

Wow, what a right asshole that seller is. Name and shame is in order if you're comfortable IMO.

At least it's in your hands and this seller can't screw another one of us.

No, it was badly packed for sure, and he claims it was an accident so there’s no reason to name call at this time.

He did the right thing and offered a refund immediately upon my messaging him as well so in my mind we are good.

I chose to let him keep $75 for the item and that was my choice and my amount that I thought was fair.

No, it was badly packed for sure, and he claims it was an accident so there’s no reason to name call at this time.

Not to jump in the middle of things; it's your items/money so at the end of the day it's your call...

....but how does one **accidentally** pack something with assorted chip bags??? Based on those pics, that was a deliberately shit packing job lol. Too little bubble wrap: Ok. god damn chip bags: hell no lmao. No one in their right mind on this forum selling even the most garbage, worthless mahjong pcb should be packing like that; let alone an STV game.

Didn't the other member send it back as non working? If it was sold to you as working then the seller is a scumbag IMO. The shit packing job becomes a whole different issue if this was sold to you by the person @ZoomBoy returned it to. If not, then disregard I guess?

If it changed hands and was sold to you by someone else, then I can understand, and you're being quite the nice to the guy by not calling him out (and there's nothing wrong with that). (Edit: looking at the date on the ZoomBoy thread, it's probable it changed hands. I'll chill).

It's your money, so if you're Ok that's what matters. Worst case a parts ST-V board isn't a bad thing to have at your disposal.

Last edited:
Not to jump in the middle of things; it's your items/money so at the end of the day it's your call...

....but how does one **accidentally** pack something with assorted chip bags??? Based on those pics, that was a deliberately shit packing job lol. Too little bubble wrap: Ok. god damn chip bags: hell no lmao. No one in their right mind on this forum selling even the most garbage, worthless mahjong pcb should be packing like that; let alone an STV game.
Indeed. He claims (and I have no reason to not believe him) that he bought a large amount of PCBs in a big buy, he's selling all as-is, untested. I make purchase, but because of in flux of orders he has some employees do some of the boxes, they fuck up big with the packing, so he's doing refunds.

I could be cynical about this, but that's no way to live life. He offered a refund, I let him keep a little money, a deal is a deal. No name calling needed, unless I felt he was trying to cheat me, which I don't think he was.

I AM sad that a game got busted up, but likely it wasn't working before, now that we've matched the serial number.

No biggie on my end, I left him feedback (positive) that indicated he (or his staff) needed to pack better.

the small board is an IR sensor and power/standby leds from a smashed tv set!!!
Dude, at first I read this as Smash TV, and I went looking at my game... LOL

Smashed TV, as in destroyed. OK, well, for a second I was really sad about a Williams great... but I guess an old TV biting the dust is not a big deal!

Thanks for the info!

i suspect the seller also strips faulty tv's and sells the boards on ebay - there's a lot of that going on.

IIRC the cart should boot without soundboard.
TBH the motherboard prob. did not survive check out the SH2's under a microscope / magnifier before testing.

@ic3b4ll i'm sure would love to check all the soundboard lines for you and kill 2 birds with one stone ;)

IIRC the cart should boot without soundboard.
TBH the motherboard prob. did not survive check out the SH2's under a microscope / magnifier before testing.

@ic3b4ll i'm sure would love to check all the soundboard lines for you and kill 2 birds with one stone ;)
I offered to mail it to him for help on his project (and repair help) but he said he was to busy at the moment. I'll still send him high Rez pictures so that may help him on his project.

Back