What's new
I might offer them. We'll see. With oil prices going up its causing acrylic prices to get high which is then making the cost of laser cutting and 3d printing get a bit more costly. Maybe after the first run is done I can do some custom plexi versions as I mentioned above.

Unfortunately, some have thought these were my "final" designs for the CPS1 case and said they weren't interested in them because they have too many parts. This is just something fun, not meant to replace the time and money investment into the metal case plans. I promise!

Got the CPS1 Dispswitch boards from @Mitsurugi-w today including the new one he and I collaborated on that will fit perfectly in the case I am finishing up. No matter which kit you bought from him (ribbon or flat cable) both will mate up to the PCB he and I collaborated on. I prefer the flat ribbon one since its lower profile on the bottom of the CPS1 board but the ribbon cable will work as well; I ensured that there is enough clearance under the PCB when installed. The filter board mounted option for the dips will work as well. Just plan on using some thicker double sided tape. The case does overlap the filter board for a super clean look.

I am still finalizing pricing and working hard to get the price right. My cases are made in North America so labor costs and material costs (and quality) aren't skimped on; finding ways to save cash isn't as simple as using a different supplier/vendor/machinist/etc. My team and I have worked together for over 12 years now and I trust them with everything so if the cases cost a bit more than others, that's fine by me because I know they are going to be awesome.

As far as the acrylic cases are concerned: I think I can offer them after the first run of the metal cases. I need to just order a shwack more acrylic to make them in quantity and set the Prusa to print non-stop for a bit :). Pricing will be based on time I need to use my laser, electricity, material, etc. You know.... "business" stuff. These will just be made black to simplify the kits overall. I'll definitely be open to some customization of the panels and what not if you have some crazy idea you want with yours. Expect these sometime in September/October.

Oh, random project I did this weekend... TMNT PCB Case :)

Vents over the heat sink on the case, cuts to access the Stereo Connector on top and Player 3/4 connectors off the side. Files available on my website :)

Attachments

• PXL_20220710_113407690.jpg
    PXL_20220710_113407690.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 89
So to be clear, you're saying that all three of Mitsurugi's dip switch solutions (bottom mount PCB, remote extension w/ flat cable, and filterboard mounted w ribbon cable) will work with your case?

The PCBs that mount to the cps1 itself are all compatible.

The Filter board mounted dip is compatible with thick double sided tape.

The one he and I collaborated on will direct mount in my case. It can use both the ribbon and flat cable.

The other dip switch board he offered will not bolt in.

The "bottomer" dips I assume will be covered by the case and not compatible.

As for the dip pcb coming with the case, it will not include the bottom solder pcb or cables. You still get those from me.

We decided to add both connectors so that anyone who bought either extended dip won't be left out. If you bought the filter dips you can still use it or the one that mounts in the case.

I believe Jasen is including the case remote pcb for free without affect to case price. I am not being compensated for the ones he ships either but I will sell the case dip version for those who might be making their own cases, etc.

If you are making your own case and bought the 3 foot dip from me and want the case dip instead, contact me and I'll work out a deal for you.

I am confused. So I will have to de-solder the dip remote extension from the bottom of the A board, add another PCB, and re-solder dip remote extension?

I am confused. So I will have to de-solder the dip remote extension from the bottom of the A board, add another PCB, and re-solder dip remote extension?
Only if you opted for the option that just moves the dips to the bottom of the pcb. I've only sold three or four of those, tho.

So I guess the final question I need answered prior to purchase...
Where will this new remote DIPs PCB and existing LCD screen be physically located on the case? :huh:

As mentioned, I need these near the JAMMA edge (not away from it).

- The case will have the DIPs/Screen on the top of the case near the JAMMA edge. The overwhelming votes pushed it that way.
- The existing dip sw relocation pcbs that have either the ribbon cable or the flat cable will work, no desoldering needed. The one where the dips are just moved to the bottom of the case will not fit and will need to be replaced otherwise you cant access them in a case.

- No early adopter problems here because as @Mitsurugi-w said I will include the remote mount board with the dip switches with the case. The one that was collaborated on, none of the others. If you installed either the ribbon cable or the FFC cable remote pcb you are good to go. Ill have 100 of the boards to go with the first 100 cases.

- New renders coming shortly as well as the pre-order page.

If you installed either the ribbon cable or the FFC cable remote pcb you are good to go. Ill have 100 of the boards to go with the first 100 cases.
Perfect, this is the best option as it only shuts out the "bottomer" DIPs (which were never suitable for a case anyway).
New renders coming shortly as well as the pre-order page.
Excellent! The pre-order includes a "early bird discount" as mentioned?

Yes, those who order within the first week while I prototype the first and I test its fitment will have a small price break.

Yes, those who order within the first week while I prototype the first and I test its fitment will have a small price break.

Are the exterior dimensions all finalized or will that come after fitment? Got a ballpark for them at least? I couldn’t find them on the site or discord, sorry if I just missed them

I do, I'll post them after work tonight on the website. It should be about 80mm wider than the overall board to give room for fans, HDMI, etc. Length is just about 60mm longer to allow for the "throw" of the sliding tray.

Quick dirty render below. Case is about 380mm deep, 300mm wide, and 85mm tall. Give or take a little bit here and there.

Confirmed production of 100x Dipswitch Boards to include with the orders. Its going to be about a $11 up charge (included in the cost of the case) with production and shipping from my PCB house.

1657697885622.png

Looks good, I’m definitely in. Will that LCD be able to flip around, or locked to JAMMA side up?

Any expanded color options on this J?
Look at the webpage for the color options.

Looks good, I’m definitely in. Will that LCD be able to flip around, or locked to JAMMA side up?

The top can be installed either way on top. So they can be on either side of the case theoretically.

Look at the webpage for the color options.

The top can be installed either way on top. So they can be on either side of the case theoretically.
Yes, but that means the LCD and dipswitches can be at the JAMMA end or at the other end, but will always face toward the outside, which.... is GREAT. I'd still prefer to have the LCD near the JAMMA edge, but flipped around, BUT this is the next best option! Thanks man, you are coming through again!

Are we meant to be pre-ordering these now? (I see an out of stock error when trying to add to cart)

Back