- Sep 16, 2015
- Reaction score
- Yokosuka, Japan
CPS2 Metal Protective Case/Enclosure.The Capcom Play System 2, also known as the CPS2, is an incredibly popular arcade platform amongst arcade hobbyists. With the Darksoft MultiKit, real arcade hardware use at home and in tournaments has never been easier. I designed the first CPS2 case years ago to solve a need I had, to put my multikit in a nice complete case. The design was simple, clean, and offered an easy way to protect your hardware. In 2021 and 2022, I made some updates to the case to include:
- D size cutout to support an HDMI passthrough
- 2x 12mm button for the DigitalAV controls.
- Refined bottom mounting points using metric fasteners and a slightly altered layout due to some fitment issues identified. (I bought a second CPS2 A board to measure and averaged the two I have to finalize the mounting points).
- New rear cutout around the JAMMA edge to provide more protection.
- Cold Rolled Steel, powder coated finish.
- All graphics are digitally printed direct to the case. No stickers!
- Supports the DigitalAV with HDMI port and 2x 12mm Button Cutouts.
- Support fan mounting to promote airflow.
- Requires you to modify the MultiKit screen with a right angle pin header for the IDC cable. This ensure the cable and such remains inside the case and not exposed.
- Access to JAMMA Edge, Audio Output, and Kick Harness.
- Rubber feet on the bottom.
- Simple two piece design.
Run Status: OPEN FOR ORDERS THROUGH 15 DECEMBER 2022. Production begins that day.