What's new

GTO77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Hoping someone here might have the answer I'm looking for. I have a Crazy Taxi upright (a Naomi Universal Cab), wired JVS with a Sega JVS I/O. Is there a way to connect to a PC to play MAME racers using my setup? I know of the JVS-PAC, but that has no support for analog inputs. Is there a solution out there, even if it means having to convert JVS to JAMMA first? Is A-PAC the answer and has anyone attempted to split the inputs to go out to both and A-PAC and the JVS I/O? My preference would be something that I would not have to disconnect when playing on JVS hardware.

Thanks for any information you can provide in advance!

Here is another thought. Would a Taito Type X3 with a multi playing MAME work with analog controls? I do have one of those laying around.

Andy Geezer was working on something like this, interface a PC and emulators directly to a JVS wired cab.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 92
Looking for the exact same thing but with an initial D Zero cab, I presume you're also looking for proper FFB? How are things going with your project?

As it as already been shared, here is the full Geezer post

Attachments

• image.png.fe3a653aff8cbca1e54c4da14683654d.png
    image.png.fe3a653aff8cbca1e54c4da14683654d.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 36
No luck. I tried my TTX3 via JVS I/O in my Naomi Universal but analog controls did not work. I emailed Irken labs (@invzim here, I think?) about support for analog controls for the JVS-PAC2 and they mentioned it was on their to-do list for future development.

I saw online that someone figured this out in Linux (if I read it correctly): https://github.com/bobbydilley/JVSCore (I think it was done by @bobbydilley from here in AP). Maybe that work can be translated to work with Windows?

My main want was for hooking up a PC to my Naomi Universal driving cab and run MAME, Sega Model 3, etc.

Someday, my dude. Someday...

Crazy Taxi has no force feed back so all you need is a u-hid board and tap the wheel and pedal pots (gnd 5v and wiper inputs). Use the appropriate connectors and pins so it's plug and play allowing you swap back to the original naomi anytime.

If you have force feedback though research another route as uhid doesn't do force feed back.

I've happ motors and use the old "immersion force feedback pcb". They are usually €200-300 on ebay (does inputs just like uhid but also ffb for happ 24v motors); model 2 has the diy m2l2 system; model 3 has a system on the french gameoover site.

For your ttx3 cab, check the ffb pcb. It could be an immersion in which case you can plug and play that into your Windows pc as it is.

Also check here https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/univeral-racing-game-cabinet.16713/

Wow, thanks to both of you for you answers!

My personal cab being an Initial DZ, I'm really looking for the best possible ffb, but I hope the link above will be enough for your personal case!

By the way, is the "immersion ffb" necessary if I already own a complete JVS4 wired for initial D Zero? Don't you think there can be another way? I'd feel dumb buying new stuff for 400 bucks (because it's a twin) when everything is already wired properly 😅

(it's a Sega alls mx2.1)

Back