What's new

Hansuke

Student
Reaction score
I have an issue with my K7000A 19" monitor in which I cannot seem to get the picture vertically centered.
I just need to move the picture down about a few cm, but the Vertical Position pot is already turned up all the way. I'm not sure if the pot is faulty or not because the last quarter turn of the pot doesn't move the picture up/down at all.

Also, the Vertical Size pot also seems to jump/skip when adjusting, causing the picture to increase/decrease in steps instead of being gradual.

Apparently, the remote board of the K7000A is different from the normal K7000 and isn't so easily sourced. As told by arcadepartsandrepair, the rear of the pots don't have a valid CTS part number to look up the resistance value.

Here are pictures of the remote board and rear of the pots: (click the spoiler to view)
20230331_184059~2 - Copy.JPG
20230331_185034 - Copy.JPG
20230331_185746 - Copy.JPG

Here are the remote board pot values measured by multimeter:
  • Black Level: 2.168 kΩ
  • Vertical Position: 24.35 kΩ
  • Vertical Size: 610.4 Ω
  • Horizontal Position: 509.8 Ω

For owners of the K7000A 19" remote board, could you please tell me if the values are correct?
I would like to confirm the values are correct so I could possibly source replacements.

According to arcadepartsandrepair, it may not be a pot issue. What else could cause the vertical position of the picture to not be able to go down more?

Last edited:
Try adjusting the 50 / 60hz pot. It will move the picture vertically, but it will also affect linearity.

Try adjusting the 50 / 60hz pot. It will move the picture vertically, but it will also affect linearity.
I tried adjusting the 50/60 hz pot but it doesn't seem to move the picture vertically any noticeable distance. When rotated too much, it just seems to cause the picture to fold over on itself.

What about vertical hold? Keep adjusting after it turns into a mess.

What about vertical hold? Keep adjusting after it turns into a mess.
Largely adjusted vertical hold until the picture started to roll and become a squished mess. Doesn't seem like the picture moves at all when V.Hold is adjusted minorly.

Assuming the caps are new and no obvious need of rework. Have you considered replacing ic 2 or ic3?

Back