What's new
Welcome to the club! If there’s anything I can do to help out in the future, please feel free to reach out.

Welcome to the club! If there’s anything I can do to help out in the future, please feel free to reach out.

Much appreciated! Maybe if you know somewhere I could find an Arkanoid cabinet? Where would be the best place to start looking first?

The WTB section is worth a shot; just keep giving it a bump every couple of weeks to keep it active and let people know you are still looking. It should stand out quite a bit among what's normally posted there.

nice, a fellow fan of wooden cabs and not those giant japanese washing machines! ;)
Love to visit the wooden cabs, but my old man back definitely a fan of sitting on a comfy stool in front of a washing machine, and my old man hands prefers not lifting weights to move the joystick.

I'm sorry, I'm lost on the Japanese washing machine reference.. Can you clue me in? :)

I'm sorry, I'm lost on the Japanese washing machine reference.. Can you clue me in? :)
I think it was a jab at Japanese cabinets and that they all look like washing machines? I dunno I think the rhythm game maimai is the only one that resembles a wash machine

dcs8l1clbot31.jpg

Hahaha I've never seen that before! I'll have to look that one up on YouTube now to see what they do!

Its a pretty fun rhythm game if you're ever up around the Greensboro NC area you will find alot of import arcade stuff between Lost Ark Video Games, the owner of lost ark has a MaiMai running in his shop actually and Round1 (only 9 mins apart from each other).

Maytag really missed their opportunity to break into the Asian market back in the 90s......

Its a pretty fun rhythm game if you're ever up around the Greensboro NC area you will find alot of import arcade stuff between Lost Ark Video Games, the owner of lost ark has a MaiMai running in his shop actually and Round1 (only 9 mins apart from each other).

I come up to that area from time to time. I'll have to stop by those locations! Thank you!

Much appreciated! Maybe if you know somewhere I could find an Arkanoid cabinet? Where would be the best place to start looking first?

Most Arkanoids are conversion kits and were installed onto Ms. Pacman cabs. I'm not sure if there was ever a uniquely styled Arkanoid cab. Maybe, since it was a Taito game, it could have been sold in one of the generic Taito classic cabs if bought as a whole game BITD.

Back