What's new
Hi ,
In samurai shodown VI, I have some Sprite glitches. Are this normal ??
Thanks

First of all a huge Thank You to all involved in this AW to Naomi conversions and releases.

Tested them over the holidays with some good results. Except GG Isuka. That one boots fine and all. You can start, select characters. But when the fight starts it freezes up. Can someone test/confirm?

My Setup:

Naomi2 with regionfree bios (set to JAP) in an Universal Cab. DIMM 4.02. Booting with Pi and Piforce.

The Naomi side of things works pretty much 100%.

Im mainly just curious if its something on my side or if this game doesnt really work for anyone.

@DenTarr several people reported to have issues with a Regionfree BIOS. Try with a regular one and confirm if now works well for you.

Thanks.

My region free bios motherboard doesnt work with the Atomiswave files, but my normal bios motherboard does!

My regionfree bios does work with the AW games, but it's very hit and miss... one time it works flawlessly, the next it won't even boot an hangs on a black screen. Unsure if the bios is to blame though, but strange thing is the Naomi games always work fine.

Thanks @all for the info. That is rather interesting.

I tested Metal Slug, Kov7Spirits, Dolphin, and I think a KOF for an extended time and they worked. Except Isuka. Which is a pity because its a great game.

Loosing regionfree bios would be a bummer, though.

What I read is that AW games are a problem if you boot two of them after each other. Something with confusing/corrupting Eeprom because of ID mismatch or some such... But I always avoided that, booting a Naomi game in between.

Thanks @all for the info. That is rather interesting.

I tested Metal Slug, Kov7Spirits, Dolphin, and I think a KOF for an extended time and they worked. Except Isuka. Which is a pity because its a great game.

Loosing regionfree bios would be a bummer, though.

What I read is that AW games are a problem if you boot two of them after each other. Something with confusing/corrupting Eeprom because of ID mismatch or some such... But I always avoided that, booting a Naomi game in between.
I've heard this is an issue but I haven't had it come up.

My regionfree bios does work with the AW games, but it's very hit and miss... one time it works flawlessly, the next it won't even boot an hangs on a black screen. Unsure if the bios is to blame though, but strange thing is the Naomi games always work fine.
That's probably related to an interrupt race and to the fact that they run in a completely different BIOS.

Several people reported having that problem with Region Free BIOS. After more than a year working on the conversions so that you all can enjoy them, we dont currently have plans to add support for that BIOS. We'll see when our currently pipeline is less busy.

No problem at all DS, I'm glad you've done all this work for us to enjoy :) I need to burn the US bios now I have the TOP3000, but haven't looked into it yet. Currently only have the JAP bios for best compatibility, but unfortunately I can't read it :)

That's probably related to an interrupt race and to the fact that they run in a completely different BIOS.
Several people reported having that problem with Region Free BIOS. After more than a year working on the conversions so that you all can enjoy them, we dont currently have plans to add support for that BIOS. We'll see when our currently pipeline is less busy.
First, thank you so much, we appreciate all the work from all involved!

Second, busy pipeline you say? Hmm, normal already out items, or is there something new headed our way? :P

First of all a huge Thank You to all involved in this AW to Naomi conversions and releases.

Tested them over the holidays with some good results. Except GG Isuka. That one boots fine and all. You can start, select characters. But when the fight starts it freezes up. Can someone test/confirm?

My Setup:

Naomi2 with regionfree bios (set to JAP) in an Universal Cab. DIMM 4.02. Booting with Pi and Piforce.

The Naomi side of things works pretty much 100%.

Im mainly just curious if its something on my side or if this game doesnt really work for anyone.
I have a similar setup and can confirm Naomi stuff boots AOK.
The AW stuff is hit or miss, and GG Isuka has never worked for me.
When I hook er up this week, I'll try that booting Naomi between AW games as a fix.
I do have a MVC2 Naomi1 bios lying around I can re-write to whatever for testing.

Okay, I tried a Naomi 2 with the 23608C BIOS in and I have exactly the same problem. As soon as the Arena is loaded and the fight is supposed to start it crashes and hangs.

Did anybody here get GG Isuka actually playing? Not just booting up?

Okay, I tried a Naomi 2 with the 23608C BIOS in and I have exactly the same problem. As soon as the Arena is loaded and the fight is supposed to start it crashes and hangs.

Did anybody here get GG Isuka actually playing? Not just booting up?
I did, using jap bios.

Okay, did some more testing now. Tried regionfree, Jap and Export bios all with the same crash at start of the fight.

Now I took it out of my cab and hooked it up to tv for testing and strangely now Isuka runs. Well it still crashes after about 15 or 20 minutes but it runs a lot longer than in my cab. Only difference is I used TransferGame.exe instead of piforce...

It's all related to the timing (time it takes between power up and running the game).

Try with a different Naomi BIOS and let us know how it goes.

It's all related to the timing (time it takes between power up and running the game).

Try with a different Naomi BIOS and let us know how it goes.
Well I tried JAP and Export Bios and I tried regionfree at various settings all with the same result. Inside Cab it crashes at the start of the fight and hooked to my TV/capcom board/supergun it runs for a few fights but it crashes eventually.

I tried Fist of the Northstar and MS6 for several hours now and KOF for over an hour and no issues anywhere.

Something is wrong with Isuka. I have no other explanation.

What puzzles me is filesize: MS6, KOF and Fist of NS have 240MB. Isuka only has 144MB?

Last edited:
Could be related to the JVS IO you're using?
In the cab I have the standard Sega JVS wiring with control board. Outside with the Supergun I used the Capcom one. The JVS to Jamma.
And it doesnt work with both. Just takes longer to crash when with the Capcom board.

I tried it on a second Naomi2 with a 256MB Dimm on 3.17 and its exactly the same. So not related to a quirk in the Dimmboard ore Naomi2.

So different Naomi2, different Dimm boards, different IO boards, different methods of transfer, different bios and not working correctly anywhere.
Only thing I didnt try is a Naomi1.

I am puzzled this thing works with some of you....

I am puzzled this thing works with some of you....
It works for most people,so it's the opposite.

Well I tried JAP and Export Bios
Is there only 1 JAP or Export BIOS for Naomi 2? I'm sure there is more. I'll let you know which one I used when testing the games. Actually most of the games I converted using a Naomi2.

Back