What's new

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Greetings everyone, well looking for a manual for this SQarcade I find that I am not the only one, by the way it arrived on Monday since the seller informed me that it is a 100% handmade product, thanks to all those involved in the data collected.
Hello, I am the creator of this pcb board. If you have any questions in the use process, you can consult me and I will answer them for you.

Last edited:
@Arcade_Lover The SQarcade JAMMA/JVS to PC adapter arrived.
Ordered 10th December so shipping to Europe is between 1 to 2 months.

sqarcade-PC-to-jamma-jvs-board.jpg

Nice and neat. No external power or audio amp required.

Here is the JPAC type of setup I've been using for years to compare:
jpac-PC-to-jamma.jpg

As you can see, the JPAC has no support for audio so you have to DIY solder on the audio cables and power from the amp to the jpac finger board.

It wasn't a drop in replacement as the JPAC compared to SQARCADE devices use different connection:
sqarcade-jpac-ports.jpg

JPAC has mini USB (in yellow), inverted male VGA Dsub connector (Green) and RCA cables for the amp (Orange).
The SQarcade uses full size USB-A, normal VGA and a 3.5mm audio cable

Connected it up and looks good for a 1st test. PC is configured to output 15K with the latest emu driver and groovymame:
sqarcade-1st-test.jpg

Some questions please:

1. Is there a manual? (It might help answer the next questions!)

2. How to I set the inputs to "MAME" keyboard mode. e.g. P1 joystick down = keyboard down.
Right now the default key for P1 Joystick down = Keyboard P

3. Is there anyway to set stereo "right speaker" to output from JAMMA pins 11 (Right speaker +) and M (Right speaker -)? I know its not JAMMA standard but many cabinets are wired like this for stereo.

4. How do you set the "shift delay" option you mentioned previously? Right now pressing P1 start enables the Shift function immediately so if P1 and P2 press start at once the game exits due to the ESC key being sent.

5. Is there any 15k protection on this? e.g. If the PC tries to send a 24K or 31k signal will it turn off the video output or otherwise protect the 15k monitor?

6. how can I connect up a CPS2 kick harness? Perhaps I crimp some dupont connectors on the end of the harness wires and plug them in as per the below picture:
cps2-harness.jpg

EDIT:

I was able to get it fully playable. Sound, video and now controls. The keyboard mode didn't work for me (buttons and joystick movements sending odd characters to notepad, definitely not traditional MAME standard). Change this jumper (highlighted in RED) to JOYSTICK (Enables DINPUT Mode) and remove the jumpers for P1 and P2 Button 6 (highlighted in GREEN) (you must remove this jumper otherwise the button 6 is always held down)
jumpers for DINPUT.jpg

This puts the device into DINPUT Joystick mode:

DINPUT mode.jpg

Then you can configure your emulator to use joystick buttons instead of keyboard keys:
MAME config.jpg
Hello, keyboard mode, press and hold the 1P start key for more than 3 seconds, and switch to jammASD mapping, otherwise it is shift mapping.

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Now, it has been updated, adding a raspberry pie pico chip, so that it can support PlayStation 3, PlayStation4, PlayStation5(Must be a PlayStation5 game that supports PlayStation4 controller.), Nintendo switch, xbox360, keyboard and connect PC computer. Transfer to jamma and JVS consoles.

mmexport1702086727882_125543.jpg

mmexport1702085689193_125630.jpg

mmexport1702085883217_125611.jpg

Hello @Arcade_Lover

Welcome back!

Could you release a firmware update where the shift function turns off when you let go of the shift button? In the current firmware you hold shift for 3 seconds and the shift mode turns on. But it stays on and you have to press and hold the shift button again for 3 seconds to turn it off. It would be better if you press and hold the shift button for 3 seconds to activate shift but you have to keep it held down and when you let go it reverts back to normal.

Also could you write a full a manual? You are mad to have put all the work in to this and not have a manual detailing every feature it's capable of.

Thank you!

Hello @Arcade_Lover

Welcome back!

Could you release a firmware update where the shift function turns off when you let go of the shift button? In the current firmware you hold shift for 3 seconds and the shift mode turns on. But it stays on and you have to press and hold the shift button again for 3 seconds to turn it off. It would be better if you press and hold the shift button for 3 seconds to activate shift but you have to keep it held down and when you let go it reverts back to normal.

Also could you write a full a manual? You are mad to have put all the work in to this and not have a manual detailing every feature it's capable of.

Thank you!
Still following with your guidance, Micky. Where you at with this now that you've gotten feedback and updates?

Back