What's new
Curious about Antonio's project. Looks interesting. These JPac and new options are going to be compatible with Brook boards correct? Or are they unneeded products?

This is the amp I have attached to my jpac's if it helps: (cost around €15)
https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/22-Watt-Stereo-MOSFET-Sound-Amplifier.html

You can solder the power cable to the 12V and GND on the jamma connector finger board pins on the jpac. See the picture posted on the previous page.

The JAMMA standard is MONO so in some ways, jpac and separate audio amp is better as you can set up the stereo audio to suit your cab.
In my case I manually solder the right speaker wires to the jpac jamma finger board. Right speaker + soldered to Pin 11 to and Right speaker - to pin M. All my jamma cabs are made by "Electrocoin" and were wired for stereo like that at the factory.
That is a very good description.

If that's too much for you, @BigSchmid, you can bypass the jamma harness/j-pac and just wire the speakers directly to the amp and use PC's audio output to the amp.

The result should be the same. You would lose the ability to swap in jamma boards but that might not matter to you.

What's the problem?
My adapter from SQ Arcade died. It won't output video anymore.

I tried chatting with SQ Arcade on Aliexpress, and they made it clear that they have no interest providing a jumper map or manual for this product.

The JammaSD v3 works great, but I'm guessing the keyboard encoder is not low latency?

Mi adaptador de SQ Arcade murió. Ya no emitirá video.

Intenté chatear con SQ Arcade en Aliexpress y me dejaron claro que no tienen ningún interés en proporcionar un mapa de puentes o un manual para este producto.

El JammaSD v3 funciona muy bien, pero supongo que el codificador del teclado no tiene baja latencia.
Igual con el mio, los contoles se vuelven locos con el arnes jamma conectado pero si lo desconecto funciona normal, descubri que usando la tierra de usb funciona normal pero con la comun del arnes jamma no, lo vuelve loco, antes no era asi. Alguien pude revisar si sus modelos sqarcade tiene los pines a tierra conectados entre si.

How is everyone feeling about the SQ Arcade product now that people have had it for a few months? Actual solution or save your money? I've seen some of you saying things aren't working now.

So, I have the rig (Optiplex 7020), the Radeon HD 6450, an HDD, a Pentium G3258 CPU and I want to get 15hz single sent to my Samsung LCD CPU monitor....and the main option to do this is a GroovyTimePlus2 image on this forum. Here's my question - if I want to only play a curated MAME set on Launchbox, will I be able to bypass/ignore some of the features in that image to get my portable LB build to work just fine? What's my point of attack for this?

I've never used groovytime but I can say the Samsung lcd is not going to take the signal unless it's a modern vrr monitor and even then you would only use stock groovymame and not generate the super resolutions with vmmaker.

For a regular 60hz lcd it's best to stick with normal mame.

Groovymame with vmmaker is for crt only.

I've never used groovytime but I can say the Samsung lcd is not going to take the signal unless it's a modern vrr monitor and even then you would only use stock groovymame and not generate the super resolutions with vmmaker.

For a regular 60hz lcd it's best to stick with normal mame.

Groovymame with vmmaker is for crt only.
Well, the LCD was only for testing and trying to verify the 15hz signal so I don't fry my CRT in my arcade cab. I had no intention of caring much about the LCD until it was mentioned as a way to test. I'm also having a massive problem downloading the GroovyTimePlus2 image. It either times out, says my hdd is full (it's very not full) or something else.

Just want to be able to get CRTEmu and/or switchres to the PC for the cab. All these images and builds and whatnot...

It's very rare for an lcd to support the low 15khz. Usually they start at 31khz.

Here is a list:
https://15khz.net/

But you can't run any super resolutions on an lcd.

It's very rare for an lcd to support the low 15khz. Usually they start at 31khz.

Here is a list:
https://15khz.net/

But you can't run any super resolutions on an lcd.
I see. The SyncMaster Samsung I have is just a few models too old to get the 15hz signal. So then what am I doing? I was able to successfully rip the image and use rufus with the iso. I have it on a USB, ready to go..but now no way to display it.

I bought Antonio's Jamma adapter a few weeks ago. The website calls it "jamma adapter for mister". But it works for pc too.

https://antoniovillena.es/store/product/jamma-adapter/

It's detected as a 2 player joystick in Windows rather than a keyboard (xinput). As long as the emulator supports joysticks that's fine but older "keyboard only" frontends will not work.

I only tested with mame and that's fully supported by remapping the keys.

Did the input lag test and it is the best of all.

Game Tested: Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja:

Pcb: 1 frame
Mister via Antonio's: 1 frame
Mister via JPAC: 2 frames
Mister via JAMMASD: 4 frames
Mister via SQARCADE: 2 frames
Groovymame via Antonio's: 1 frame
Groovymame via JPAC: 2 frames
Groovymame via JAMMASD: 4 frames
Groovymame via SQARCADE (in keyboard mode): 2 frames
PI via pi2jamma: 7 frames

(Groovymame tested with setting framedelay to 7 and installing sweetlows 1000hz usb poller).

Pros:
1. No input lag
2. Has stereo at jamma edge (right speaker on pins 11/M)
3. Good value.
4. Tiny foot print.
5. Built in amp with 12v taken from the jamma edge.

Cons: (could be my stupidity, I can't find a manual yet).
1. Red hue to the screen for both mister and PC.
2. Keyboard mode not available but might be needed for older emulators and frontend navigation.
3. Case cut out is a few mm out and does not allow the cps2 harness to connect without disassembly of the case
4. Could not find a "shift mode" to enable extra buttons like credit or escape (unlikely to be available for joystick mode).
5. Player 1 and Player 2 mixed up in Windows.
6. No sync safety. If your graphics card sends a 31k or higher signal it will sent it to the monitor as-is.

Last edited:
I bought Antonio's Jamma adapter a few weeks ago. The website calls it "jamma adapter for mister". But it works for pc too.

https://antoniovillena.es/store/product/jamma-adapter/

It's detected as a 2 player joystick in Windows rather than a keyboard (xinput). As long as the emulator supports joysticks that's fine but older "keyboard only" frontends will not work.

I only tested with mame and that's fully supported by remapping the keys.

Did the input lag test and it is the best of all.

Game Tested: Bad Dudes Vs Dragon Ninja:

Pcb: 1 frame
Mister via Antonio's: 1 frame
Mister via JPAC: 2 frames
Mister via JAMMASD: 4 frames
Mister via SQARCADE: 2 frames
Groovymame via Antonio's: 1 frame
Groovymame via JPAC: 2 frames
Groovymame via JAMMASD: 4 frames
Groovymame via SQARCADE (in keyboard mode): 2 frames
PI via pi2jamma: 7 frames

(Groovymame tested with setting framedelay to 7 and installing sweetlows 1000hz usb poller).

Pros:
1. No input lag
2. Has stereo at jamma edge (right speaker on pins 11/M)
3. Good value.
4. Tiny foot print.
5. Built in amp with 12v taken from the jamma edge.

Cons: (could be my stupidity, I can't find a manual yet).
1. Red hue to the screen for both mister and PC.
2. Keyboard mode not available but might be needed for older emulators and frontend navigation.
3. Case cut out is a few mm out and does not allow the cps2 harness to connect without disassembly of the case
4. Could not find a "shift mode" to enable extra buttons like credit or escape (unlikely to be available for joystick mode).
5. Player 1 and Player 2 mixed up in Windows.
Any of the cons make it not the front runner for the PC build?

Any of the cons make it not the front runner for the PC build?
All of those cons, except number 3 and MAYBE number 4, should make it not the front runner for PC build.

Joystick order not reliable
Red tint to image
No keyboard support

What about those things sounds like you could and should live with them when there is an alternative like the JPAC available?

The audio sounds like a potential plus but there's no other real advantage.

2 frames delay vs 1 isn't worth those negatives.

All of those cons, except number 3 and MAYBE number 4, should make it not the front runner for PC build.

Joystick order not reliable
Red tint to image
No keyboard support

What about those things sounds like you could and should live with them when there is an alternative like the JPAC available?

The audio sounds like a potential plus but there's no other real advantage.

2 frames delay vs 1 isn't worth those negatives.
George, you should work for whatever company sells J-Pacs. ;) I'd buy from you, my dude.

George, you should work for whatever company sells J-Pacs. ;) I'd buy from you, my dude.
I don't even know a lot about the J-PAC; Just that it works!

I set it up a couple years ago and haven't had to look at it since. To me, that's great.

I'm not pro JPAC or anti anything else.

I've used X-Arcade encoders that have worked very well too (15 years ago).

Those negatives are hard to work around and would make anyone very unhappy.

But now you've got me thinking - Maybe I should see if JPAC needs a local sales rep...

My adapter from SQ Arcade died. It won't output video anymore.

I tried chatting with SQ Arcade on Aliexpress, and they made it clear that they have no interest providing a jumper map or manual for this product.

The JammaSD v3 works great, but I'm guessing the keyboard encoder is not low latency?
Hello, please try to replace the THS7314 chip on board, and it can be repaired.

jammASD works but has terrible input lag that adds 2x frames. You might not notice it but jpac has 0 frames of lag.

SQarcade also has 0 frames but there is also 0 support and 0 documentation from the creator.

There is another device I'm very interested in from Antonio Villena. It is sold for mister but should work on a PC too. Has the audio amp built-in. Shame it's out of stock. I'm going to buy one and measure the input lag once it's back on sale: https://antoniovillena.es/store/product/jamma-adapter/
Hello, I'm the producer of SQArcade. If you have any questions during use, please consult me. Thank you.

Purchased an adapter from SQ Arcade. Thanks to @MickyMac I got it working with Groovymame. I would also love to know what all of the jumpers do.

@Arcade_Lover can you please answer us? We need the ESC key working so we can exit games.
in keyboard mode, Press the 1P key for more than 3 seconds to switch to the keyboard shift mode, where there is esc key.

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    IMG_20220724_114011.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back