What's new
@Arcade_Lover, Ok, I have your JAMMA interface. I see 22 jumpers on this thing.

Do you have an English Manual that explains what each and everyone of these jumpers does? Also, what is the pinout for the kick harness?

FYI, right away, here are my critiques of it:
  • I don't like the footprint of this device. Instead of it being wider than the JAMMA edge card and thinner. It should be not much wider than the JAMMA edge card and deeper. Think of the JAMMAizer's footprint. That is ideal.
  • The connections for the kick harness should use the CPS2 kick harness. If space is an issue, then kick harness connections should use the CPS1 connectors
  • The holes for the stand offs hole mounts should be right next to each of the 4 corners
  • There are 5 pots
    • 1 row of 3 vertical pots
    • 1 row of 2 right angle pots
      • To adjust the right angle pots you have to wedge the calibration tool between the row of 3 vertical pots
      • This is terrible layout. These should have all been vertical pots.
  • Switches > jumpers and there are a ton of jumpers on this device
Also, what is the point of having VGA output on this? Are you amping the video signal through the VGA output?

So far, I like what I am seeing in terms of functionality, but how it all comes together leaves a lot to be desired. I haven't plugged it in yet. Waiting on details from you with the jumpers.

X80Ro-3&tn=xLiXVMfAY2Uc2ZvO&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

@Arcade_Lover, Ok, I have your JAMMA interface. I see 22 jumpers on this thing.

Do you have an English Manual that explains what each and everyone of these jumpers does? Also, what is the pinout for the kick harness?

FYI, right away, here are my critiques of it:
  • I don't like the footprint of this device. Instead of it being wider than the JAMMA edge card and thinner. It should be not much wider than the JAMMA edge card and deeper. Think of the JAMMAizer's footprint. That is ideal.
  • The connections for the kick harness should use the CPS2 kick harness. If space is an issue, then kick harness connections should use the CPS1 connectors
  • The holes for the stand offs hole mounts should be right next to each of the 4 corners
  • There are 5 pots
    • 1 row of 3 vertical pots
    • 1 row of 2 right angle pots
      • To adjust the right angle pots you have to wedge the calibration tool between the row of 3 vertical pots
      • This is terrible layout. These should have all been vertical pots.
  • Switches > jumpers and there are a ton of jumpers on this device
Also, what is the point of having VGA output on this? Are you amping the video signal through the VGA output?

So far, I like what I am seeing in terms of functionality, but how it all comes together leaves a lot to be desired. I haven't plugged it in yet. Waiting on details from you with the jumpers.

X80Ro-3&tn=xLiXVMfAY2Uc2ZvO&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg
Hello, the default plug-in computer is available. The default USB mode is Dinput. input 15Khz RGBHV.The jumper cap usually does not need to be changed.

Hello, the default plug-in computer is available. The default USB mode is Dinput. input 15Khz RGBHV.The jumper cap usually does not need to be changed.
That sounds good. But do you have a breakdown as to what functionality each jumper drives?

So far, I just messed around with the video amp by feeding it video from a Dreamcast. I must say, I am a bit impressed how it handles 480i. The video amp is better than the video amp on the JAMMAizer. Better then the video amp on the J-Pac. I haven't compared it to the video amp on JAMMASD or SCART2ARC3. My guess is SCART2ARC3 will still have the best video quality and it might be at least as good as JAMMASD, if not better.

But yeah, looking forward to the jumper settings map.

So far, I just messed around with the video amp by feeding it video from a Dreamcast. I must say, I am a bit impressed how it handles 480i. The video amp is better than the video amp on the JAMMAizer. Better then the video amp on the J-Pac. I haven't compared it to the video amp on JAMMASD or SCART2ARC3. My guess is SCART2ARC3 will still have the best video quality and it might be at least as good as JAMMASD, if not better.

But yeah, looking forward to the jumper settings map.
Any updates for us, Real? Been curious what your thoughts were once yours arrived and if it's still a must-have for my purposes.

Waiting on @Arcade_Lover to write out that jumper map for me.
Hello,About USBThere are four combinations.
Combination mode 1:jammASD/Joysticks & Joysticks, when the device is in Dinput mode.
Combination mode 2:jammaASD/Joysticks & jammASD,The device is now in keyboard mode.
Combination mode 3: PC360 & Joysticks,At this time, the device is in Xinput mode.And the direction control keys are analog xy axes.
Combination mode 4: PC360 & jammASD,At this time, the device is in Xinput mode,And the arrow keys use dpad.

@Arcade_Lover Can you help get Real the info he's requesting. I'd like to have questions answered before I make a multiple purchase order. Thank you! =)

If you are using all original parts in those cabs, they'll just have an RGB cable with HD15 connectors at the end, They aren't actually VGA cables. Look at the pins in those cables, They'll only have pins populated for RGB, Csync, VGround.

The trouble comes into play when dudes replace the OEM RGB cables in these cabs with VGA cables where all 15 pin positions are populated.

Hi mate,

Could you elaborate on this please.

My setup is using a Tri-Sync Nanao MS-2931. I am using a standard VGA cable as the monitor did not come with an original cable. Should i be modifying the VGA cable, remove pins?

Hi mate,

Could you elaborate on this please.

My setup is using a Tri-Sync Nanao MS-2931. I am using a standard VGA cable as the monitor did not come with an original cable. Should i be modifying the VGA cable, remove pins?
Remove pin 9 on your VGA cable to be safe. /done

@Arcade_Lover - you still around to help with this? I think you have interested parties like myself with money we want to give you if you can provide more details. Thanks!

@Arcade_Lover The SQarcade JAMMA/JVS to PC adapter arrived.
Ordered 10th December so shipping to Europe is between 1 to 2 months.

sqarcade-PC-to-jamma-jvs-board.jpg

Nice and neat. No external power or audio amp required.

Here is the JPAC type of setup I've been using for years to compare:
jpac-PC-to-jamma.jpg

As you can see, the JPAC has no support for audio so you have to DIY solder on the audio cables and power from the amp to the jpac finger board.

It wasn't a drop in replacement as the JPAC compared to SQARCADE devices use different connection:
sqarcade-jpac-ports.jpg

JPAC has mini USB (in yellow), inverted male VGA Dsub connector (Green) and RCA cables for the amp (Orange).
The SQarcade uses full size USB-A, normal VGA and a 3.5mm audio cable

Connected it up and looks good for a 1st test. PC is configured to output 15K with the latest emu driver and groovymame:
sqarcade-1st-test.jpg

Some questions please:

1. Is there a manual? (It might help answer the next questions!)

2. How to I set the inputs to "MAME" keyboard mode. e.g. P1 joystick down = keyboard down.
Right now the default key for P1 Joystick down = Keyboard P

3. Is there anyway to set stereo "right speaker" to output from JAMMA pins 11 (Right speaker +) and M (Right speaker -)? I know its not JAMMA standard but many cabinets are wired like this for stereo.

4. How do you set the "shift delay" option you mentioned previously? Right now pressing P1 start enables the Shift function immediately so if P1 and P2 press start at once the game exits due to the ESC key being sent.

5. Is there any 15k protection on this? e.g. If the PC tries to send a 24K or 31k signal will it turn off the video output or otherwise protect the 15k monitor?

6. how can I connect up a CPS2 kick harness? Perhaps I crimp some dupont connectors on the end of the harness wires and plug them in as per the below picture:
cps2-harness.jpg

EDIT:

I was able to get it fully playable. Sound, video and now controls. The keyboard mode didn't work for me (buttons and joystick movements sending odd characters to notepad, definitely not traditional MAME standard). Change this jumper (highlighted in RED) to JOYSTICK (Enables DINPUT Mode) and remove the jumpers for P1 and P2 Button 6 (highlighted in GREEN) (you must remove this jumper otherwise the button 6 is always held down)
jumpers for DINPUT.jpg

This puts the device into DINPUT Joystick mode:

DINPUT mode.jpg

Then you can configure your emulator to use joystick buttons instead of keyboard keys:
MAME config.jpg

Last edited:
@Arcade_Lover The SQarcade JAMMA/JAVS to PC adapter arrived.

jpac-PC-to-jamma.jpg

As you can see, the JPAC has no support for audio so you have to DIY solder on the audio cables and power from the amp to the jpac finger board.

It wasn't a drop in replacement as the JPAC compared to SQARCADE devices use different connection:
sqarcade-jpac-ports.jpg

JPAC has mini USB (in yellow), inverted male VGA Dsub connector (Green) and RCA cables for the amp (Orange).

Connected it up and looks good for a 1st test. PC is configured to output 15K with the latest emu driver and groovymame:
sqarcade-1st-test.jpg

Some questions please:

2. How to I set the inputs to "MAME" keyboard mode. e.g. P1 joystick up = keyboard up, P1 joystick down = keyboard down.

3. Is there anyway to set right speaker to output from JAMMA pins 11 (Right speaker +) and M (Right speaker -)?

4. How do you set the "shift delay" option you mentioned previously? Right now pressing P1 start enables the Shift function immediately so if P1 and P2 press start at once the game exits due to the ESC key being sent.

5. Is there any 15k protection on this? e.g. If the PC tries to send a 24K or 31k signal will it turn off the video output or otherwise protect the 15k monitor?

6. how can I connect up a CPS2 kick harness? Perhaps I crimp some Dubang connectors on the end of the harness wires and plug them in as per the below picture:
cps2-harness.jpg
Thank you for the update and photos, Micky. Very intrigued. Still hoping Arcade will hop on and answer a bunch of questions so he/they can make more money. I, too, am curious about how you get six button setups working with this thing. Glad to see I'm not alone. Following closely. Cheers!

@RealMFnG Arcade Lover seems to be MIA and his SQarcade pc to jamma/jvs device doesn't come with a manual.

Can you test your one in keyboard mode and see do you have traditional mame keys outputting for the buttons and joystick movements?

Mine sends a bunch of odd keys in quick succession. Press p1 joystick down it prints the letter 'p' 8x times. Left sends the tab key 8x times. Some of the other buttons sends odd ascii characters. Basically keyboard mode does not work for me at all but there may be a new firmware or jumper needed?

@Arcade_Lover The SQarcade JAMMA/JVS to PC adapter arrived.

jpac-PC-to-jamma.jpg

sqarcade-jpac-ports.jpg

sqarcade-1st-test.jpg

Some questions please:

2. How to I set the inputs to "MAME" keyboard mode. e.g. P1 joystick down = keyboard down.

3. Is there anyway to set stereo "right speaker" to output from JAMMA pins 11 (Right speaker +) and M (Right speaker -)? I know its not JAMMA standard but many cabinets are wired like this for stereo.

6. how can I connect up a CPS2 kick harness? Perhaps I crimp some dupont connectors on the end of the harness wires and plug them in as per the below picture:
cps2-harness.jpg

EDIT:

I was able to get it fully playable. Sound, video and now controls. The keyboard mode didn't work for me (buttons and joystick movements sending odd characters to notepad, definitely not traditional MAME standard). Change this jumper (highlighted in RED) to JOYSTICK (Enables DINPUT Mode) and remove the jumpers for P1 and P2 Button 6 (highlighted in GREEN) (you must remove this jumper otherwise the button 6 is always held down)
jumpers for DINPUT.jpg

This puts the device into DINPUT Joystick mode:

DINPUT mode.jpg

Then you can configure your emulator to use joystick buttons instead of keyboard keys:
MAME config.jpg

Hello, you can press the start button of player 1 for more than 3 seconds to switch to mame keyboard layout, otherwise the keyboard mode is in shift key mode.

Back