What's new
I would be happy to contribute toward this if there was a fund set up for this …
Will this support the midi for ffb?

Thanks for the nice message, no fund setup so far!

I don't have any plans to support MIDI I'm afraid, the games use RS232 serial as their output for FFB so I'm just going to leave it as that for the moment.

I'm not actually sure how you'd get MIDI out of a computer like that, I think it would probably require some custom hardware!

Is this project an alternative to TP? If I dont get it wrong, most of the games are already running with it.

Is this project an alternative to TP? If I dont get it wrong, most of the games are already running with it.
Oh man I have so many bones to pick with that project. I personally am not a fan of how they lock so much behind Patreon when it is perfectly functional albeit not perfect. There are games that have languished in Patreon for years at this point with no given explanation or update on many of them. The Lindbergh titles that people wanna play like Ghost Squad Evolution and VF5 R are still stuck behind a paywall, and I can't really support profiting off of other peoples' IP like this when basically every other big emulator isn't doing this.

I'm okay with paying money for like an online service revival. I'm not okay with "you need to pay $5 a month to access the equivalent of our nightly branch".

Call me cheap, but this is an open source solution to Lindbergh compatibility and I am all for supporting this project when TeknoParrot is so busy trying to support many different PC-based platforms all at once. They are great developers, but it's good to have more than one choice.

One of the best projects you'll see this year mate
Fixing machines is what arcade projects is all about :)

It's not the same spirit as TP.
Here the goal is mainly to give an alternative to dying Lindbergh hardware for your real cab.

@JKTwice Thanks for the kind words.

@dexa It could be used as an alternative to TP, the project does offer emulation of the IO etc. so games can be played on a computer with a keyboard/mouse. The main aim though is for it to serve as a replacement for real Lindbergh hardware to keep physical lindbergh based arcade machines alive - so it's able to be used as a drop in replacing with the original IO/FFB etc.

It's not the same spirit as TP.
Here the goal is mainly to give an alternative to dying Lindbergh hardware for your real cab.
I definitely realize this now. It's a great project worth supporting for this reason. No longer will we need to hunt down a Lindbergh board to run these games.

It could be used as an alternative to TP, the project does offer emulation of the IO etc. so games can be played on a computer with a keyboard/mouse. The main aim though is for it to serve as a replacement for real Lindbergh hardware to keep physical lindbergh based arcade machines alive - so it's able to be used as a drop in replacing with the original IO/FFB etc.
I didn't know this offered I/O emulation. Excellent!

I don't have any plans to support MIDI I'm afraid, the games use RS232 serial as their output for FFB so I'm just going to leave it as that for the moment.

I'm not actually sure how you'd get MIDI out of a computer like that, I think it would probably require some custom hardware!

I think your right mate ..

https://www.midi-and-more.de/midiconverter.htm

I see to have the wrong ffb boards all the time!
But your emulator could be right what I need ..

I have a sega R tuned twin cab ..
And the Lindberghs are proving hard to get running ( new cpus fitted but
Multi is playing up! And sound cards !)

I have three Lindberghs but all are giving me the run around!
Would your emulator do you thin work as a replacement for Lindberghs in Lindbergh driving cabs ?

@JKTwice Thanks for the kind words.

@dexa It could be used as an alternative to TP, the project does offer emulation of the IO etc. so games can be played on a computer with a keyboard/mouse. The main aim though is for it to serve as a replacement for real Lindbergh hardware to keep physical lindbergh based arcade machines alive - so it's able to be used as a drop in replacing with the original IO/FFB etc.
Omg I’m getting excited already!
I cannot wait for this !
R tuned twin cab awaiting :)

So this could be connected to ffb controller pcb in Lindbergh cabs 💪
I cannot wait

If you need anyone to help test
Let
Me
Know I have a Lindbergh twin cabinet

R-tuned

Back