What's new
Item has been found
By the way, I really like the Atari version, but after getting the Disney version, well, it's the go-to one for me. I bet your wife will feel the same way.

It's sold, but so you can see it. By the way, I got it for ~$250, so don't over pay for it.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/disney-magical-tetris.513608/

My wife and I LOVE the Disney one!! We play it almost every night since I got it lol.
Highly recommend it if you can find it at a decent price!!

I've made it my mission to collect every Tetris variant and derivative made for arcade. I'm still missing a few but I've got a lot of bizzare ones you've probably never heard of too.

I will say that there are 2 stand-outs
1. Tetris Plus for Jaleco Mega System 32 (the first one not the second one). - A really fantastic version of Tetris that has multiple game modes including a bog-standard classic mode, as well as really interesting and compelling puzzle modes, Also this game allows for 2 players to play separate games on the same cab or go head-to head in any of the modes, its a really great title with a lot of replay-ability. You can still find these for about $150-$200 if and when they pop up. Plus Jaleco Mega System 32 has some great Shumps on it if you want something you can swap in and out.

2. Any of the Tetris the GrandMaster games, (though I'd rank TGM3 first, followed by TGM1 then TGM2). Arguably the pinnacle of tetris, the 1P mode just flows beautifully, and really captures the addictive nature that the original had in a way that feels modern and not as wooden as the original Atari version does. And the 2P modes have some really great "weapons" that you can attack each other with that makes it really really fun and keeps it highly competitive and replayable. These are arguably some of the most expensive puzzle games on the market. TGM1 used to be a $150 game but I've seen it has high as $600 recently. TGM2 has been over $1K for years now, and TGM3 is like a $2K game in original. However TGM2 was on Taito Type X1 so if you've got one of those you can pop in a new hard drive and if you're on original TTX1 hardware it supports 15KHz (480i) as TTX1 games were intended for CRT monitors.

Disney Magical Tetris is ok, I'd say $250 is overpaying IMO, and they take some creative liberties with calling it "Tetris" given that they use more than 4 blocks in the shapes that drop, the gameplay can suffer slowdowns in spots too. You could do a lot worse though (it's definitely one of the better Tetris games out there), and if you or your wife are a fan of Mickey and friends that will probably go a long way towards your enjoyment of it.

EDIT:
I have a fairly complete list here from a few years ago: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/favorite-tetris-arcade-game.6313/#post-112964

Last edited:
I've made it my mission to collect every Tetris variant and derivative made for arcade. I'm still missing a few but I've got a lot of bizzare ones you've probably never heard of too.

I will say that there are 2 stand-outs
1. Tetris Plus for Jaleco Mega System 32 (the first one not the second one). - A really fantastic version of Tetris that has multiple game modes including a bog-standard classic mode, as well as really interesting and compelling puzzle modes, Also this game allows for 2 players to play separate games on the same cab or go head-to head in any of the modes, its a really great title with a lot of replay-ability. You can still find these for about $150-$200 if and when they pop up. Plus Jaleco Mega System 32 has some great Shumps on it if you want something you can swap in and out.

2. Any of the Tetris the GrandMaster games, (though I'd rank TGM3 first, followed by TGM1 then TGM2). Arguably the pinnacle of tetris, the 1P mode just flows beautifully, and really captures the addictive nature that the original had in a way that feels modern and not as wooden as the original Atari version does. And the 2P modes have some really great "weapons" that you can attack each other with that makes it really really fun and keeps it highly competitive and replayable. These are arguably some of the most expensive puzzle games on the market. TGM1 used to be a $150 game but I've seen it has high as $600 recently. TGM2 has been over $1K for years now, and TGM3 is like a $2K game in original. However TGM2 was on Taito Type X1 so if you've got one of those you can pop in a new hard drive and if you're on original TTX1 hardware it supports 15KHz (480i) as TTX1 games were intended for CRT monitors.

Disney Magical Tetris is ok, I'd say $250 is overpaying IMO, and they take some creative liberties with calling it "Tetris" given that they use more than 4 blocks in the shapes that drop, the gameplay can suffer slowdowns in spots too. You could do a lot worse though (it's definitely one of the better Tetris games out there), and if you or your wife are a fan of Mickey and friends that will probably go a long way towards your enjoyment of it.

EDIT:
I have a fairly complete list here from a few years ago: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/favorite-tetris-arcade-game.6313/#post-112964
Thanks.

She does not like graphics upgrades or alterations to gameplay.

@XtraSmiley I’ll make a KLOV and send a PM. Good looking out.

If anyone has an Atari variant or bootleg on this forum. I’m happy to talk to you

Back