What's new
That board in the case looks so sweet, TFfightstick make the most awesome looking kit - good choice!

On the power stuff. Have a read of this - It's quite possible to destroy your Minigun or your arcade board by wiring these up wrong - I've given you my thoughts here buy I strongly suggest you wait for confirmation from others before doing this
https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/minigun-supergun-an-open-source-supergun.9408/page-77

The HAS instruction manual is here
https://homearcadesystem.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/hasv4_manual.pdf

I copied this photo from page 5 of the instructions

HAS.png

The red, black, yellow and white wires go as follows
Red = +5v
White = -5v
Yellow = +12v
Black = Common

On the mains side you are going to need cut open a mains power cord. The main power cord will have three wires inside it. Assuming you are int he USA they will be Black, White, Green
Black = AC/L (live)
White = AC/N (neutral)
Greenyellow = weird symbol with lines on it (earth)

As I mentioned above - strongly, strongly recomend you wait for confirmation from others before doing this

Hatmoose is correct-since your profile says you’re in the USA, you’ll want to take a power cable, chop off the end, and then wire it to the supply in exactly the manner he indicated. I suggest using a PC power supply cable-they’re easy to find and work very well-you may have a spare lying around already.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Power-Cord-3-Foot-Black/dp/B072BYGKZW/

If you’re nervous about stripping an existing power cable, you can buy one pre-stripped for you here:
https://www.amazon.com/Pigtail-3-Wire-Stripped-Supply-Replacement/dp/B0829LSF2F/

His wiring for the HAS is correct too. Your HAS should have come with a power harness cable-just connect each colored tabbed wire to the supply according to the directions Hatmoose provided.

As for the CD-ROM power cable, that plugs into the corresponding port adjacent to the SCSI connector at the edge of your CPS3 board opposite from the JAMMA connector.

Okay, thanks fellas. I'll have to enlist some help of a friend who's more experienced with electrical work than me, but I'm sure he'll be glad to do it. I found the CD-ROM power port, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel a little silly not instantly seeing where it went.

My last question is about multi-game. This board is already modded with multi-game. However, it does not have the Ultra SIMMS, so that means every time I want to switch games, it will take 45 minutes, right? And the only solution to this would be to drop even more money on the Ultra SIMMS, mail them to someone else in the US to program them, and have them mailed back? At first I was anticipating only using Third Strike but the Jojo's community in my state seems to have picked up word of my recent purchase and is interested...

The red, black, yellow and white wires go as follows
Red = +5v
White = -5v
Yellow = +12v
Black = Common
Also, I notice in the guide you've sent me hatmoose, you say that for the cord that goes from the supergun to the PSU, there are Red, White, Yellow and Black cords. But for me, I have Red, White, Yellow, and Green. How should I proceed, then?

Also, there is no -5v or +12v. In the picture as I've shown, there is only NC, V3, +V2, COM and +5V.
Edit: Nevermind, I got it figured out! There was a label on the side. :P

Last edited:
But for me, I have Red, White, Yellow, and Green. How should I proceed, then?
Looks like an older version of the HAS.

This video shows the correct connections for older versions with the red/white/yellow/green cable (staring at 2:00)
View: https://youtu.be/pW2v8ILoteE

There will be a sticker on the side of the power supply telling you what +12 and -5v are
From memory
V2 = +12v
V3 = -5v
But check the sticker because my memory is not very reliable these days.

And here it is! It's working beautifully. It feels good to play, I know what cab players mean when they talk about that "cab feel" not being the same as emulators for online play. The only hiccup I had other than setting up the PSU was getting the buttons right- something was wrong with my kick harness, the Medium Kick and Heavy Kick buttons are swapped on P1 and P2 side. Fixed that right quick and now it's all good. Thank you all so very much for your help, this would not have been possible without y'all!

Attachments

• game.PNG
    game.PNG
    230.7 KB · Views: 115
  • setup.PNG
    setup.PNG
    209.7 KB · Views: 117
Looks awesome! Amazing what we can jointly accomplish when we work together!

I hope you have many hours of fun and intense competition using this. IMO CPS3 is home to the greatest art and animation on any platform, ever. No movie comes close to the detail and fluidity, 3D is a different medium and artform

SF3 was made by Capcom at the height of their wealth and power, they had a brand new hardware platform designed just for it, they were able to take advantage of optical media, they had the best artists and a massive market waiting for it. Every single technical trick in the book.

Truly the pinnacle of the art form, this is as good as it is possible to get. Congratulations!

Congratulations on getting your CPS3 up and running! I hope you and your friends get many, many hours of enjoyment from it.

As to your earlier question about changing games, yes the UltraSIMMs are the solution if you don't want to wait 45 minutes to change a game. It's up to you on whether the cost is worth the convenience. I offer services for programming the UltraSIMMs and updating the BIOS on the security cart if you decide to go for it. There's also a thread that lists other folks offering those services here: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/eprom-tl86-plus-burning-service-list.13336/#post-250179

Thanks for this thread! Very informative as I’m trying to get a CPS3 setup as well and there’s definitely a few extra hoops that are worth going through cleared up here. I plan on using a CBOX supergun until I can be so lucky to get a candy cab one day 🙏

Thanks for this thread! Very informative as I’m trying to get a CPS3 setup as well and there’s definitely a few extra hoops that are worth going through cleared up here. I plan on using a CBOX supergun until I can be so lucky to get a candy cab one day 🙏
The journey to Candy Cab is a sweet, sweet one indeed. A relic of a bygone era, we will never see anything that mind-numbingly awesome again. There are a few folks on these boards that have used importers with varying degrees of success - worth a read of some of those threads if you have time.

The journey to Candy Cab is a sweet, sweet one indeed. A relic of a bygone era, we will never see anything that mind-numbingly awesome again. There are a few folks on these boards that have used importers with varying degrees of success - worth a read of some of those threads if you have time.
Yesss. I’ve actually never seen one in person but I had a good friend that showed me pics of his back in the day and knew I needed to track one down. They are pretty hard to come by but I won’t give up! It’s the only proper way to play some of these kings of fighters (well the non-neo Geo kind ;))

Back