What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
Merry Christmas from Bobby & Lorenzo.

Over the past few weeks we've been working on getting Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 working on the Triforce Type 1 system, and here they are as a christmas present to the community!

http://archive.org/details/mariokartgp12fixedfortype1 (Thanks @PlatynumX)

Like the normal game on a Type 3, you'll have to disable Camera / Force Feedback / Card Reader in the test menu to get it to boot up.

Everything is tested working, Camera, Card Reader, Link Play etc.

We've got all of the Triforce games running on Type 1 with big thanks to @rtw and the authors of the triforce branch of the dolphin emulator. This set of roms is now included in the WiPi Netbooter including Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2, Virtua Striker 2002, Virtua Striker 4, Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006, Gekitō Pro Yakyū, F-Zero AX and F-Zero AX Monster Ride.

2020 has been a hard year for everyone, but we've got our fingers tightly crossed that everything will start to get better for people soon!

Merry Christmas,

Bobby & @itslemcy

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!
I've just crossed with a Type one Triforce offer, and with that news in mind, I just had to take it!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@crashman Glad to see it working for someone else! I think the item button is wired to button 5, if you wanted to add that in! Bit of an odd wiring choice!

Yes, I checked that it was button 5.
It's a pity they don't have a kind of standard in assigning the buttons.
It's driving me crazy on how to adapt it in my type 2 I/O so you can choose the button assignment.
Now waiting on more releases!!!

Thanks - Initial D has a different FFB board made by Sega and not Namco so FFB won’t work without some sort of converter / the original Namco board. Steering and the like should work fine, although there’s some glitch where you might have to unplug and replug the JVS cable if the screen ever goes black whilst navigating the test menus as your Sega IO won’t support some of the Namco commands and it gets confused

This is awesome and works great with my Triforce Type I. The only issue and I am wondering if it is the same for everyone is I am unable to load another game once the first game is loaded; I have to restart the motherboard to get the next game to load and the Pi to connect and send the game files to the Netdimm. Is that the same as experience by others? Perhaps there is something I am doing wrong on my end.

Also "We aim to release a nice clean set soon with the help of Murray - including Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2, Virtua Striker 2002, Virtua Striker 4, Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006, Gekitō Pro Yakyū and F-Zero AX." - not to be anxious or anything, but any chance this set will soon be available for download? Really looking forward to it!

Lastly, any chance something similar can be done with Chihiro Type 1 for all Chihiro Type 3 games? One can only hope!

Thank you for this effort!

Glad it works for you! I suspect the loading a new game thing is to do with the fact that this game takes over the communication of the NetDIMM to do it's networking / camera etc. Unforunately this isn't something that can probably be fixed easily, and for the small inconvinience it causes I unforunately don't have the interest to look at it!

I'm sure something similar can be done for the Chihiro Type 1 to play some Type 3 games. From studying the Triforce differences, it looks like there are probably only very small API differences in the Type 1 and Type 3 NetDIMM and so if these could be identified, hopefully all games could be converted. Unforunately this isn't something I have the time / interest to do, but I think it would be a fun project from someone that wants it!

Merry Christmas from Bobby & Lorenzo.

Over the past few weeks we've been working on getting Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2 working on the Triforce Type 1 system, and here they are as a christmas present to the community!

https://mega.nz/folder/kR8lEIwS#XgYuMCfal9r_Fi_s72hvNA

Like the normal game on a Type 3, you'll have to disable Camera / Force Feedback / Card Reader in the test menu to get it to boot up.

If you have a FFB system or a card reader, these should work fine. Although the camera works in test mode, the game gets stuck on boot if this is enabled and connected and so this shouldn't be used. We've not managed to test if network link play works, and although we doubt it will we would would be super interested for someone to try it out! If we can confirm that network play definately doesn't work, I've got another patch which will skip the 60 second network wait that I can give out.

We've got all of the Triforce games running on Type 1 with big thanks to @rtw and the authors of the triforce branch of the dolphin emulator. We aim to release a nice clean set soon with the help of Murray - including Mario Kart Arcade GP 1 & 2, Virtua Striker 2002, Virtua Striker 4, Virtua Striker 4 ver. 2006, Gekitō Pro Yakyū and F-Zero AX.

2020 has been a hard year for everyone, but we've got our fingers tightly crossed that everything will start to get better for people soon!

Merry Christmas,

Bobby & Lorenzo
hey, fixed my username @bobbydilley , now you can tag me :)

Always impressed of what people are able to do in here :)

Would also be interested in a copy if it will be reuploaded again.

Sorry both, I'll sort something out properly for getting it uploaded!

Back