What's new
It looks like it was uploaded by someone called AtariSTFan.

If you’re on here, could you please remove any reference to me from the upload. I don’t really like the idea of my name being tied to a rom upload online :)

This is amazing, thanks a lot!! :D I guess the other games haven't been released yet right?

Hi all,

Sorry for digging out such an old topic, but it looks like MKGP for Triforce Type 1 disappeared (dead link) and nothing on archive.org (or I can't figure how to search properly on this site, which I use quite often BTW).

I have a Type 1 + NetDIMM I'd like to test : ROM available (for Type 3 only I guess) stops at the "Button check OK" screen and does not go any further. Non even test button on the filter board works. Power off needed.
Same behavior for MKGP2.
f-Zero AX Fixed version starts correctly (after deal with all the input controls stuff, which is quite a pain in the butt when the system is out of its cabinet)

Does anyone have it and can upload MKGP that can run on a Type 1 somewhere ?

I'm also looking for MKGP fixed for Triforce type 1 if anyone could link me please, I just picked up a Triforce 1 motherboard and looking forward to have a play. :thumbup:

Hi all,

Sorry for digging out such an old topic, but it looks like MKGP for Triforce Type 1 disappeared (dead link) and nothing on archive.org (or I can't figure how to search properly on this site, which I use quite often BTW).

I have a Type 1 + NetDIMM I'd like to test : ROM available (for Type 3 only I guess) stops at the "Button check OK" screen and does not go any further. Non even test button on the filter board works. Power off needed.
Same behavior for MKGP2.
f-Zero AX Fixed version starts correctly (after deal with all the input controls stuff, which is quite a pain in the butt when the system is out of its cabinet)

Does anyone have it and can upload MKGP that can run on a Type 1 somewhere ?

I'm also looking for MKGP fixed for Triforce type 1 if anyone could link me please, I just picked up a Triforce 1 motherboard and looking forward to have a play. :thumbup:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xWgWCm27agjo45MuiDQw43xK-tYRh-si?usp=sharing

I always thought that the MKGP1-2 type 1 mods were private, but now that I know they were published, I think there's no problem in sharing them here!!

Well, it looks like its not over yet.
Even with these ROMs, the result is the same : when the "Device Check BUTTON OK" screen is displayed, nothing happens and even the TEST switch on the main board does not do anything.
Can it be related to BOOT/FIRM/FPGA/NetDIMM versions ? What are the minimal requirements for a Trifore type 1 to run this game ?
It seems specific to MKGP and GP2 though, as F-Zero starts correctly (but can't play it properly due to lack of appropriate controls)

I haven't had a chance to try them yet as my triforce needs some capacitors replacing before I put it back together but I did notice they're the exact same files as included with wipi so maybe they aren't the ones patched for use on triforce type 1 and just the standard type 3 netboot roms? Will update once I get the triforce recapped and back together.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like its not over yet.
Even with these ROMs, the result is the same : when the "Device Check BUTTON OK" screen is displayed, nothing happens and even the TEST switch on the main board does not do anything.
Can it be related to BOOT/FIRM/FPGA/NetDIMM versions ? What are the minimal requirements for a Trifore type 1 to run this game ?
It seems specific to MKGP and GP2 though, as F-Zero starts correctly (but can't play it properly due to lack of appropriate controls)

I haven't had a chance to try them yet as my triforce needs some capacitors replacing before I put it back together but I did notice they're the exact same files as included with wipi so maybe they aren't the ones patched for use on triforce type 1 and just the standard type 3 netboot roms? Will update once I get the triforce recapped and back together.
I could netboot with 3.03 FW without problems, I used the tools provided at https://github.com/DragonMinded/netboot + no pic installed in my 512MB DIMM

I could netboot with 3.03 FW without problems, I used the tools provided at https://github.com/DragonMinded/netboot + no pic installed in my 512MB DIMM
Can you actually PLAY the MKGP games on a Type 1 + 512MB NetDimm ? Not just upload it ?
I mean, what ROM file are you using are you using ? Maybe you have a specific file... Care to share ?
I doubt the tool used to upload changes anything about what the game does after DEVICE CHECK.
As a reminder, the ROM I have here uploading the very same ROM works flawlessly on my Type 3.
The Type 1 itself seems to run fine, as F-Zero is running fine.

Those files can't be right in the Google drive. The dates are from 2021. The 'fixed' for type 1s would have a date from around Xmas 2020 right?
I mean I'm going to give them the ole college try on my triforce and see what happens. Ought to be interesting as I'm shoving this triforce into a Naomi gun cab lol.

Last edited:
Holy shit. I'm too tired tired to test Mkgp2 but 1 booted on my triforce type 1 with files in that Google drive link by @Zanee. Thanks dude!
Obviously I can only get so far with a gun...lol

Edit and I used transfergame not any python/pi script. I don't know if it would make a difference but my netdimm also has a working battery.

Edit 2: I uploaded another set of these roms to archive so there's plenty of backups so they don't get lost again.
http://archive.org/details/mariokartgp12fixedfortype1

Attachments

• PXL_20230901_025938625~2.jpg
    PXL_20230901_025938625~2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20230901_025911748.jpg
    PXL_20230901_025911748.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20230901_025850094.jpg
    PXL_20230901_025850094.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20230901_025850094.jpg
    PXL_20230901_025850094.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 60
  • PXL_20230901_025842910.jpg
    PXL_20230901_025842910.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Can you actually PLAY the MKGP games on a Type 1 + 512MB NetDimm ? Not just upload it ?
I mean, what ROM file are you using are you using ? Maybe you have a specific file... Care to share ?
I doubt the tool used to upload changes anything about what the game does after DEVICE CHECK.
As a reminder, the ROM I have here uploading the very same ROM works flawlessly on my Type 3.
The Type 1 itself seems to run fine, as F-Zero is running fine.

Holy shit. I'm too tired tired to test Mkgp2 but 1 booted on my triforce type 1 with files in that Google drive link by @Zanee. Thanks dude!

Edit and I used transfergame not any python/pi script. I don't know if it would make a difference but my netdimm also has a working battery.

Edit 2: I uploaded another set of these roms to archive so there's plenty of backups so they don't get lost again.
I have to correct myself... I actually used transfergame to get the games booting... and yes, I never had any jamma input to actually test the game beyond the attract screen.

Now I don't have a triforce anymore, so it's up to you seeing which type of input it supports :thumbsup:

I'm looking into if a mp07 iona works on a triforce and I think I still have an Xbox one wheel and pedals somewhere. I'll try to get to that and report back.

I already had an iona07.I can't find my steering wheel. I think I've loaned it out. All I have are Xbox series controllers this thing apparently doesn't like. Ball is now in someone else's hands for now.
Word of warning i dropped coins and hit start while hooked up to the gun system in my cab. When the race was over it froze on a black screen.

I fought with this thing longer than I care to admit. I got the firmware updated on my iona mp07(f-ck that thing. Such a frustrating device) anyways I'm playing the Mario kart arcade gp dx on my type 1 with an xbox elite series controller on fw 1.45 with oddly assigned controls because see previous. I flashed the highest 2.14 but it never would sync up to the triforce.

Does anyone know what inputs this game needs to I can reassign them?

Last edited:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xWgWCm27agjo45MuiDQw43xK-tYRh-si?usp=sharing

I always thought that the MKGP1-2 type 1 mods were private, but now that I know they were published, I think there's no problem in sharing them here!!

Thanks @PlatynumX for sharing - and appologies everyone for not keeping them up.

As far as I remember it was like a 2 byte patch on each of the games to get them running, so at some point I'll try to remember what I did and write it here as instructions in case we loose them again and have to create from the original rom!

Glad everyones got it working :)

Many thanks @PlatynumX, it's fully working now on my T1+NetDimm.
Thank you so much for sharing. That kind of thing must not disappear. I'm keeping it safe from now on and if it were to disappear again, I'm ready to upload it again somewhere.

Back