What's new
Teaser..

1707091007114.png

Because i like more than one project, i'm porting NBA Jam TE into Wolf unit as well. *T-Unit gfx space was full, making it impossible to add more players.

Also some amazing DCS tools got released that allow much faster creation of sound roms. (as well as running DCS Sound board on a PI..)

1708390603409.png

Still needs some work, but the game runs now, and this project is moving alone nicely.
There's a lot of work to be done, but a full digital soundtrack+samples is planned.

Because i like more than one project, i'm porting NBA Jam TE into Wolf unit as well. *T-Unit gfx space was full, making it impossible to add more players.

Also some amazing DCS tools got released that allow much faster creation of sound roms. (as well as running DCS Sound board on a PI..)

1708390603409.png

Still needs some work, but the game runs now, and this project is moving alone nicely.
There's a lot of work to be done, but a full digital soundtrack+samples is planned.

DCS1 or DCS2 or both? I need dcs2 tools for my pinball2000 projects. Where to find the info?

Hello, I came across this thread because I was looking for Mortal Kombat hacking. I'm very excited about what you've done here, very good work.

I'm currently trying to modify Mortal Kombat Rev3 and Rev4 so that it can run on normal consumer TVs without a rolling image.

I managed to run mknifty without a kombo board on Yunit and I also managed to run rev 3 and rev 4 on PAL and NTSC TV's. I just need more precise timings.

I saw in the mk2 source code 'SYSEQU.ASM' that you can also compile the rom as NTSC compatible, my question to @Asure would be whether you could show me how to compile the code or whether you would be so kind as to send me an NTSC version compile?

Many thanks in advance

**nifty running in mame as mkla3bl @58.9hz (bootleg, so no kombo security support) i tried the roms on my y-unit mk rev3 pcb and nifty is working without security board

Attachments

• Screenshot (1008).png
    Screenshot (1008).png
    277.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot (1007).png
    Screenshot (1007).png
    218 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot (1009).png
    Screenshot (1009).png
    251.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
MK2 source is a bit of a no-go area and i won't be caught distributing it, sorry.

NTSC=1 modifies sysequ (the .if NTSC bit around line 175) and this is then available to use in the .asm files that .include sysequ.asm.

All my modded code except MK2 is up on Github, you can start from the bottom to learn how to compile it, for example with Narc, Smash, Carnage and work your way up to learn how to build.

I can totally understand that.
But I'll be honest, I'm not smart enough to learn TMS assembler / tools or how to link object files properly.
May I ask if you would compile an NTSC version and take a screenshot of the TMS registers for me (area shown in screenshot)?

would be very grateful to you

I even saw that mk2 can also compile for yunit. does that mean mk2 could run on the yunit too?

Attachments

• Screenshot (988)2.png
    Screenshot (988)2.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 19
All the *EQU* files for all the source code leaks contain these references to Y-Unit but they are not fully implemented.

I'll see about making one with NTSC=1 and if that works properly i'll take a screenshot from Mame. (Midway left a lot of stuff in all the source that sometimes just doesn't work.)

Reactions: nem
Ok I understand, Midway probably used source codes from other games and left residual data inside.

Thank you so much

Bought myself another Y unit pcb recently to fix up. Smash TV! Fixed a lot of this era of boards over the years, as love the hardware. Probably because I've spent 30 years fixing pinballs so williams hardware is my happy place, ha ha. Also the diagnostic boot screen on this hardware is great to.

So thought id start a discussion on the hardware. First up Serial Numbers. Is there a place that documents the midway serial numbers so you can confirm from the official williams labels if the board is original or converted? Another cool thing on williams hardware is official serial stickers.

So far I have these (will update as I find more):

40003 - Trog
40004 (40104) - Smash TV
40009 - Terminator 2
40010 - Total Carnage
40017 - High Impact Football
40023 - NBA Jam
40025 - Mortal Kombat
40029 - Mortal Kombat 2
40030 - WWF Wrestlemania
40039 (44039) - Mortal Kombat 3 (Ultimate)
40043 - NBA Jam TE
40047 - Killer Instinct
40064 - Killer Instinct 2
40069 (44369) - CarnEvil

Secondly on the back of a smash tv pub (Y unit) looks like some bodge wiring, but seen it confirmed on a few boards now with the same serial number, so maybe is a factory alteration, but it doesn't seem to match up with the schematics. So unsure what its changing and why. Also smash tv pcbs have no revision number, but terminator 2 has rev b on the trace layer.

IMG_6057.JPG
IMG_6067.JPG
s-l1600.jpg

Something else I've always wondered is whether you could get Narc to run on Y unit hardware??
My Smash TV board has wiring like that on the solder side as well.

I can totally understand that.
But I'll be honest, I'm not smart enough to learn TMS assembler / tools or how to link object files properly.
May I ask if you would compile an NTSC version and take a screenshot of the TMS registers for me (area shown in screenshot)?

would be very grateful to you

I even saw that mk2 can also compile for yunit. does that mean mk2 could run on the yunit too?
1713960780733.png

I hope this is of use to you :)

Back