What's new
Aye, China shutdown is slowing me down to. Re the new designs, they're probably around 2 months away.

Hi, guys, I can see that I never will find a HAS supergun. So where I can find one minigun ready for buy? I’m tired of waiting for order one HAS supergun. Is the minigun good like HAS??
The Minigun is great! Open sourced, compact, cost effective, clear audio and video, safe, all the features you need with none that you don't.

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D printer schematic for a case for this thing? Ideally I'd like to have it in a nice case with easy access to be able to connect to power and jamma connectors.
Hey! I made a 3d design for a Minigun case a while back. It's available on Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807401

Feel free to print some for yourself and your friends. I just ask that you don't sell them commercially, thanks ;)

If you are patient, R3 design posted! I will update the models with a third release that has overall better fit and printability. Note that I have designed it using PETG, I don't know how well it fits in PLA and other plastics.

Last edited:
Hey! I made a 3d design for a Minigun case a while back. It's available on Thingiverse here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3807401
I really like the minigun case. It's low profile so it fits under the cart slot on my IGS PGM allowing me to remove the games without removing the supergun unlike my lovely but tall HAS. It feels like a solid piece of kit, I don't have to worry about breaking plexi glass or finger prints on it.

Assembled the 4p attachment (v1.1) last night finally, just need to find a 34pin IDC cable. Together it it is my go to supergun for my PGM. :thumbsup:

With all the uses 3D printing has in the arcade world, I think a 3D printer might be next on the horizon. I've made my way into soldering because of the hobby, why not add another?

Hi, guys, I can see that I never will find a HAS supergun. So where I can find one minigun ready for buy? I’m tired of waiting for order one HAS supergun. Is the minigun good like HAS??
The Minigun is great! Open sourced, compact, cost effective, clear audio and video, safe, all the features you need with none that you don't.
Can you sell me one? Ready for use (tsh7374 , voltimeter, etc)

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D printer schematic for a case for this thing? Ideally I'd like to have it in a nice case with easy access to be able to connect to power and jamma connectors.
Feel free to print some for yourself and your friends. I just ask that you don't sell them commercially, thanks ;)

If you are patient, R3 design posted! I will update the models with a third release that has overall better fit and printability. Note that I have designed it using PETG, I don't know how well it fits in PLA and other plastics.
thank you very much! Yeah this is for personal use, not for selling.

Hi @Frank_fjs,

are there any updates regarding the cool new minigun supergun with the Genisis 2 output? I am just interested:) My Rad2x cable I ordered hasn‘t been send, an I looks like it would take someone time. The corona virus sadly effects the hole world... I hope everyone in here is find!

Thank you very much:)
Keeping an eye out for this as well.

Aye, China shutdown is slowing me down to. Re the new designs, they're probably around 2 months away.
Hi @Frank_fjs,

thank you for the quick update:) That sounds very promising!

Btw. I'm happy that you are back to your old avatar, it was quite strange to see you using the Multi Boyz one^^ I hat a hart time to spot you posts! I think I'm getting old :D

Edit: I donated an other few beer or coffee so you have a nice time waiting for you stuff from china :) Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Thank you @DeWitt! Coffee is much needed and shall be purchased.

PCB fab is slowly returning to normal, they're just catching up with the backlog now.

I also want to finish a few unrelated PCB designs so I can bulk order PCBs in one hit, need to do this to combat shipping costs.

It won't be long...

@Frank_fjs this may be a really silly question, but is there a good way to coin up with PCBs that don’t have that function wired to the “test” or “service” buttons? I’m testing out a Konami X-Men PCB right now and I can’t seem to figure out a clean way besides manually shorting pins on the JAMMA edge

@Frank_fjs this may be a really silly question, but is there a good way to coin up with PCBs that don’t have that function wired to the “test” or “service” buttons? I’m testing out a Konami X-Men PCB right now and I can’t seem to figure out a clean way besides manually shorting pins on the JAMMA edge
The Minigun has dedicated coin inputs on the d-sub 15 controller inputs.

The Minigun has dedicated coin inputs on the d-sub 15 controller inputs.
ah, ok. then part 2 of my question... if I am using those neo2genesis adapters I bought from Frank, is there any good way to coin up on that PCB?

Thank you @DeWitt! Coffee is much needed and shall be purchased.

PCB fab is slowly returning to normal, they're just catching up with the backlog now.

I also want to finish a few unrelated PCB designs so I can bulk order PCBs in one hit, need to do this to combat shipping costs.

It won't be long...
You are welcome :)

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there something special that needs to be done with the sync signal on Konami PCBs? Both X-Men and The Simpsons have an odd horizontal alignment issue at the top of each frame when I connect them to my minigun, but no other game PCBs that I’ve tested do this.

Attachments

• E5330702-B32F-436A-B074-7C09DD93AB92.jpeg
    E5330702-B32F-436A-B074-7C09DD93AB92.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 181
Apologies if this has been asked before, but is there something special that needs to be done with the sync signal on Konami PCBs? Both X-Men and The Simpsons have an odd horizontal alignment issue at the top of each frame when I connect them to my minigun, but no other game PCBs that I’ve tested do this.
I've seen similar issues with some arcade PCBs and game consoles work my setup. I use an Extron RGB 203rxi to fix it.

Weird question, does the 4P hat distribute 5V to all of the four controller ports? And does it fit the HAS?

Yes to the first question, no to the second.

So mine is now up and running. My video chip is replaced and more solder was added to the edge connector. I can finally enjoy this amazing piece of work! Thank you!
Glad you figured it out!

I've messed up the edge connector solders on 2 of 3 boards - all three times missing colors. The last round It was the video chip (which worked when I completly desoldered it and added a new one - thank God for cheap parts!).

Back