What's new

Thanks. I checked and that is a reverse slide. It is in the datasheet: Position A : 1 - 2. Position B : 1 -3.

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 21.53.31.png

Viewing directly on an RGB CRT I can hardly see a difference. But I'm told it helps with some video processors that digitize the analog signal. OSSC for one.

True, I use an OSSC.

is it possible to purchase one of these miniguns completed?
i have one already and would like another to share the load between my igs/mvs gear

cheers
pm anytime guys

hey what is the H3 header used for? i can't find any info on that?

I wanted to give a huge shoutout to Elfoam for making me a Minigun Supergun (9pin). The quality is excellent and it works amazing. If you dont want the hassle of finding the parts and building your own, I highly recommend sending him a message. I couldn't be more pleased. He is a bit of a perfectionist, which I really appreciate :) Thanks again Elfoam.

Sorry if the question was already answered, but what (Mean Well) PSU do you suggest in combination with the Minigun Supergun?

Regards :)

I think H2 & H3 are 5V & 12V for the voltmeter.
H2 is indeed voltmeter to my knowledge but have no idea for H3 and (just realized yesterday) there is also H4 between db15 ports... what is that for?

H2 is indeed voltmeter to my knowledge but have no idea for H3 and (just realized yesterday) there is also H4 between db15 ports... what is that for?
I don't which board revision you are looking at but there's only H1, H2 and H3 on the latest advanced board. H1 and H2 are the same thing (5 volt test points). The reason there's 2 is because H1 lets you solder pins on your volt meter and H2 gives you some space to run wires. H3 is the stereo/mono jumper

In the pic at the top of the thread there does appear to be an H4 between the joystick ports.

In the pic at the top of the thread there does appear to be an H4 between the joystick ports.
Ah on the 8 pin board, same thing again just another mounting point for the 5 volt measurement, the 8 pin must be able to take two different style volt meters with H2 and H3

I don't which board revision you are looking at but there's only H1, H2 and H3 on the latest advanced board. H1 and H2 are the same thing (5 volt test points). The reason there's 2 is because H1 lets you solder pins on your volt meter and H2 gives you some space to run wires. H3 is the stereo/mono jumper
2.5final/advanced 8pin version
h3 is not stereo/mono, h1 is
i already found from frank that h4 is additional +5v and gnd for additional power if needed and h2/h3 are just voltimeter points prefered orientation

H3 is stereo / mono on the 9 pin board which 90% of people are using just in case anyone get confused by that.

H3 is stereo / mono on the 9 pin board which 90% of people are using just in case anyone get confused by that.
Not sure where you are getting your data that 90% of people are using the 9 pin version. This design has been 8 pin only for the vast majority of the time it has been available.

Not sure where you are getting your data that 90% of people are using the 9 pin version. This design has been 8 pin only for the vast majority of the time it has been available.
No one has asked me to make them a 8 pin, I doubt that will ever happen while 9 pin cables are 5 dollars, so I'll change my estimation to 100%

No one has asked me to make them a 8 pin, I doubt that will ever happen while 9 pin cables are 5 dollars, so I'll change my estimation to 100%
And I've only ever made and sold the 8 pin version. So based on your logic that must mean 100% of people are using the 8 pin version.

I have just another question: Does the MiniDIN 9 pin to SCART cable should be populated with any components (caps/resistors)?

Back