What's new
You could use this with the OSSC, its AV3 input accepts RGBS (CSync on the VGA pin #13).
I thought this, so it is essentially sending 240p RGBS to AV3. But with potential sound problems and loosing low pass filter options.

It’s a nice looking connector. Someone did mention the VGA to BNC breakout cable for PVMs which is a fair enough.

So, you made an adapter that requires another adapter to work. I still don't "get it". But do whatever makes you happy.
Yes. I run my HAS the same way. It makes me happy. Just wanted something similar for minigun I just built.

IMG_1307.JPG

Last edited:
Hey, I am making my own now, what is the pin out for the power connector? Been searching every where

ah thanks, I don't have my parts yet but just picked up the power cable so yeah thanks!

My minigun Supergun worked fine last year and when I tried it recebtly there was no video coming out but audio was good. Could it be those 3 capacitors are bad for the rgb lines?

You sure it's not the video cable you're using?
Yes because I tried 2 different ones and ones brand new. I used the xrgb one from that uk store and then i got another one from them with then minidin to female scart and used a scart male to scart male cable and it was the same thing. Audio but not video. I guess its possible the cabkes are bad for this use but I doubt it

RGB2COMP worked fine last year and now the RGB2COMP only works witb my consoles

Fair enough. I can't see anything going bad on the Minigun unless it was wired up wrong. Could be a poor solder joint, I guess.

I was thinking maybe i plugged in a jamma harness backwards once or twice for a few minutes at most but i dont think the voltage lones wpuld even go to anywhere except buttons 4, 5, 6 or some thing innocuous

I once fried the ths7374 rgb amplifier while changing the controller and the voltage pin touched the ground shielding. Symptoms were no video blank screen. I’m no expert but could be the chip may need to be replaced.

Have made quite a few of these, it’s an extremely reliable design, simple and elegant.
Highly unlikely to be bad caps; possible, sometimes there is a whole batch of cheap fakes that fail prematurely, but unlikely.
My prime suspect would be the 7374 - there are a lot of fakes of these around too, so many that unless you made it yourself, or your supplier sent you a picture of their Digikey/mouser invoice, id bet it’s almost certainly fake. They should cost a few bucks per chip for the real deal , or 100 fakes for $3 off Aliexpress.
Other thing that sometimes happens is broken joints between the PCB edge and the female JAMMA connector.

I’m not sure what would happen if the connector was inserted upside down, will take a look and let you know.

In the meantime if you want to post some photos (of the device) that will help with problem identification

ill order one and replace it and see if it fixes it, thanks for the ideas

Hi I'm going to attempt one of these, but I'm a little confused, I have downloaded the 9pin din version (mega drive video out) but when I check the BOM there are lots of bits missing. Do I have to use BOM for the 8pin one also? Does anyone know of a good place to get electronic components in the UK other than rs online? Many thanks

Hi I'm going to attempt one of these, but I'm a little confused, I have downloaded the 9pin din version (mega drive video out) but when I check the BOM there are lots of bits missing. Do I have to use BOM for the 8pin one also? Does anyone know of a good place to get electronic components in the UK other than rs online? Many thanks
I have made a handful of the 9pin advanced version. I followed the BOM included in the 9pin zip only. I am curious to know what you found missing.

I have made a handful of the 9pin advanced version. I followed the BOM included in the 9pin zip only. I am curious to know what you found missing.
Most of the through hole components. The large caps etc. But I may have done something wrong.

Back