What's new
i dont have USB keyboard
is it still working with X360 wired controller ? or Keyboard necessarry

Or set up SSH so you can remote in. Never had a keyboard for my mister really until a week or so ago when I wanted to use ao486 more.

Been a while since I set mine up, but I believe I edited the necessary file ini file on my PC when I was initially transferring files to the SD card.

So I guess technically I needed a keyboard on for my computer.

Been a while since I set mine up, but I believe I edited the necessary file ini file on my PC when I was initially transferring files to the SD card.

So I guess technically I needed a keyboard on for my computer.
İf there is a tutorial or something to show, will help me a lot. I dont want to looking for a keyboard nowadays. There is a lockdown and all place are closed. :(

I believe I edited the necessary file ini file on my PC when I was initially transferring files to the SD card.
Interesting. all the instructions I've followed had a pre-comiled image to write to the SD card and then once I did that my card formatting was unreadable in my Win10 PC.

the mr. fusion image has a windows readable partition on the sd card - makes filling it up much faster.

write the image on the sd card and let it initialize on the mister and it creates the partition. Once that is done you can move the sd card over to the pc, put on the update_all script and the console roms and you're pretty much set

the mr. fusion image has a windows readable partition on the sd card - makes filling it up much faster.

write the image on the sd card and let it initialize on the mister and it creates the partition. Once that is done you can move the sd card over to the pc, put on the update_all script and the console roms and you're pretty much set
I did use the Mr Fusion Image but when I put it in my PC it refuses to read it without reformatting the card.

I ended up setting up FTP in order to get the update_all script on there.

I have to say I came in with low expectations for Mister and so far it's barely met them. lol

the Mr.Fusion image creates two partitions. One is unreadable but the other one should be fine on your PC and that is where the files/folders of interest are.

I recently setup a mister for an arcade cab that I want to put in a lounge of an office and it'd be great if I could leave it there without worrying about some mucking up the settings or bricking the thing.
Since you have a JVS-PAC 2, enable auto-boot, and when you're happy with power-up behavior - simply set shift mode to "none" on the JVS-PAC and save the config. It will now boot into the last game, and 'users' can't access the mister menus.

I don't want to run a single game, I want the user to select the game and be able to exit a game and chose a new game... but I don't want them to have access to any other menus.

if I wanted to run a single game, I'd just throw a real game board in the cab :P

Now im sure, im an idiot. Im working on mister for 12 hours and i couldnt play one single game too :D
I watched tons of videos and read instructions but nothing.

standing applause to people who play the games on Mister.
Im done to try again and im going back to Draw Metal Mister Case :D

Now im sure, im an idiot. Im working on mister for 12 hours and i couldnt play one single game too :D
I watched tons of videos and read instructions but nothing.

standing applause to people who play the games on Mister.
Im done to try again and im going back to Draw Metal Mister Case :D
Hopefully console style!

Hopefully console style!

Yes i will try some design ;)

By the way, i have figure out there is a Connection problem on my De-nano. It doesnt update from the net. Download some files but most of them corrupted or missing.
Thats why it doesnt work on me

Occasionally the server goes down. Are you connected on Ethernet? Are you behind any firewalls or VPN router side?

Occasionally the server goes down. Are you connected on Ethernet? Are you behind any firewalls or VPN router side?

Yes etherner and no Firewall.
Tested with another De-Nano and it is working without problem. This one has HDMI problem too when i got it

I believe Terasic have a 14 day return warranty. Contact your place of purchase and get a swap! Glad to hear you have at least one working unit :)

Been busy setting up a standalone MiSTer unit for HDMI and thought I'd share a couple of things I've troubleshooted / discovered during my journey:

1. CEC Issues: I faced a lot of problems with CEC and the MiSTer plugged in. Devices stopped turning on and off and it was just a mess. The fix was simple, I just removed Pin #13 on one side of the HDMI cable and all is good now. I've attached a diagram below to show which pin to remove. I simply used a solder pick tool and pushed the pin down, cutting through the plastic and then used some tweezers to yank it out. I believe @misteraddons will be selling CEC-Free HDMI cables in the future.

inside_hdmi_cable.jpg

2. Alternate .INI files: My TV doesn't play well with every core whilst using the optimal, lower lag "vsync_adjust=2" setting. I'd say about 10% of things don't play nicely (including the CAVE core which only works when I set it to 60Hz in that mode :/ ). Originally I was going through mister.ini setting individual cores to "vsync_adjust=0" when I realised you can set 4 alternate .INI files named (mister_alt_1.ini, mister_alt_2.ini, etc.). You can select the .ini you wish to use in the "MISC OPTIONS" menu and it will reboot and remain current for the session until you power down.

3. Super "Attract Mode" Script: I highly recommend the "SAM" script. It's very customisable and it's a great little screensaver to have on in the background: https://github.com/mrchrisster/MiSTer_SAM -- you can SSH into the MiSTer and run "/media/fat/Scripts/MiSTer_SAM_on.sh monitor" to show you what game is coming up next. This will be a great feature for those using it in a cab because when a game appears you want to play, you can just jump on in.

4. Menu Wallpaper: Changing this is simple, just grab a .jpg or .png and rename it to menu.jpg or menu.png and place it in the root of the SD card. If you wish to have multiple wallpapers, simply delete menu.jpg or png from the root of the SD, create a directory called /wallpapers and put your images in there. Pressing F1 on the keyboard will alternate between the files, but a random one will be called on boot.

5. Custom Font: Grab the font pack from here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Fonts_MiSTer, and make a directory in the root of the SD called /font and then add a line to your mister.ini, eg. font=font/Arcade_Outfoxies_(Namco)_alt.pf -- not all the fonts support the all characters, so this can be hit or miss.

Hope these tips helps someone down the line... please add any tips or links to cool MiSTer stuff in this thread.

Back