What's new
With all the conflicting update scripts, bugs, changes and whatnot going on, I'll put this back in the storage box for a month or two as this is just giving me gray hair right now.
I feel you. But, look at it this way: one of the big reasons it's not entirely organized is because it is growing so rapidly with so many contributors. I would have never dreamed of such a hotbed years ago. Give it some time and there should be more stable organization.
-ud

The only thing that's stopped me from getting into MiSTer is assembling everything I need for a smooth start.

Retrodriven (which is not connected to the project whatsoever)
Posts all over the internet suggesting using it would have you believe otherwise though. It was touted as the best way to get going when I first got my Mister, and there're still a bunch of posts about using it now.

The only thing that's stopped me from getting into MiSTer is assembling everything I need for a smooth start.
I'm not sure if you mean physically assembling, or acquiring everything. Physical assembly is incredibly easy. If you can plug a SNES cart into a SNES, you've got this.

As for acquiring it all: you're highly unlikely to find everything available at the same time, or from the same vendor. So just grab what you can where you can and get started!

@rewrite yeah, that's what I meant. You're right, that's probably a good way to get started!

Guess I can start by grabbing the base of the MiSTer, the DE10, ha.

@rewrite yeah, that's what I meant. You're right, that's probably a good way to get started!

yep, there are a decent number of cores that just require that one board.
Yeah, I was totally happy to start with the likes of DigDug and Joust. So solid!
-ud

If you want a 32 meg memory module, I can give you one for just the price of shipping. That's enough memory to run everything except a handful of large Neo Geo and GBA games.

Well, turned it on today to see all the hype about the TG16CD and Rygar cores, and it accepts no input devices.

Doesn't matter what USB port I use (on the Blisster or the one on the Mister itself), controllers, three different keyboards.

Tried a new SD card with a new copy of all the Mister stuff in case my settings or card got corrupted.

Nothing.

Any ideas?

Well, turned it on today to see all the hype about the TG16CD and Rygar cores, and it accepts no input devices.

Doesn't matter what USB port I use (on the Blisster or the one on the Mister itself), controllers, three different keyboards.

Tried a new SD card with a new copy of all the Mister stuff in case my settings or card got corrupted.

Nothing.

Any ideas?
Hey Rewrite, did you copy the bios into the TGFX16-CD folder and rename it? Checkout the CD-Rom games section:

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/TurboGrafx16_MiSTer

Hey Rewrite, did you copy the bios into the TGFX16-CD folder and rename it? Checkout the CD-Rom games section:
Oh no, I turned it on with the intentions of running the main updater script. I haven't even looked at the TG16 stuff yet.

My keyboard/controllers/everything won't work in the menu even. :/

Oh snap ok, nothing from your keyboard when you hit F12? How's everything connected, powered USB hub? If it's a non-powered usb hub just connect your keyboard and see what you get.

Usually through the Blisster, but I even tried ditching that and just keyboard to Mister and I got nothing. :/

Edit: I fed it 12v when I was trying to find the right cable fml. I tried, it didn't turn on, I looked at the cable and saw it said 1.0a, I went "Oh, this is the wrong one" and found the right cable...

Just covering bases here, you're connecting the keyboard via the microUSB (right of the miniUSB) port? If it's dead, that's not good.

You can increase the USB polling rate in the MiSTer, I'm not sure the benefit of the Blister anymore. A powered quality USB hub is the way to go (in my opinion) :)

Just covering bases here, you're connecting the keyboard via the microUSB (right of the miniUSB) port?
No, I forgot how these things are built, I plugged it into the I/O board full-sized USB port on top.

Also see my edit about 12v T_T

Just covering bases here, you're connecting the keyboard via the microUSB (right of the miniUSB) port?
No, I forgot how these things are built, I plugged it into the I/O board full-sized USB port on top.
Also see my edit about 12v T_T
:cry

The USB port on the IO board is for console/debug from what I've heard, never used it.

Plug your keyboard directly into the microUSB port and report back (or via USB hub).

Plug your keyboard directly into the microUSB port and report back (or via USB hub).
This may take a while (assuming I have one), need to find an adapter. But I'll report back soon as I do.

Back