What's new
"use a 2.1 x 5.5mm double adapter, cut one end and connect the +5V that way."

@oneleaf86 - please set me up with the USB hub and the 2.1 x 5.5mm double adapter with the one end cut and connected to the USB hub so I can just plug and play and be ready to go.

@Flain - thanks for your feedback:)

"use a 2.1 x 5.5mm double adapter, cut one end and connect the +5V that way."

@oneleaf86 - please set me up with the USB hub and the 2.1 x 5.5mm double adapter with the one end cut and connected to the USB hub so I can just plug and play and be ready to go.

@Flain - thanks for your feedback:)
That shouldn't be a problem. I'll post up here when I have some boards ready to go.

Cheers

Mister RGB scart output PCB extension from Arcade Forge, now that's exciting !

http://arcadeforge.net/Mister-Projects/Mister-RGB-SCART-PCB::303.html

20181206_215233.jpg

Attachments

• Rolled ROMs.7z
    142.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Glad I did not pre-order Mega SG. :) The new open source scaler is really nice. NES core runs as good as the Analogue NT imo.

Bit of an update on the MiSTer add ons.

I've nearly finished the IO Boards, just waiting on some Micro SD Slots and some Buttons. I very much under estimated how time consuming it would be assembling 11 of these!

I've assembled all SDRAM Boards except for the actual SDRAM Chips which are still in transit.

Lastly I haven't started on the USB Hub Boards but they shouldn't take too long to assemble.

Will post back here once all boards are tested and ready to send out.

Attachments

• 20181221_013115.jpg
    20181221_013115.jpg
    809.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 20181221_013107.jpg
    20181221_013107.jpg
    845.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20181221_013040.jpg
    20181221_013040.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 74
Bit of an update on the MiSTer add ons.

I've nearly finished the IO Boards, just waiting on some Micro SD Slots and some Buttons. I very much under estimated how time consuming it would be assembling 11 of these!

I've assembled all SDRAM Boards except for the actual SDRAM Chips which are still in transit.

Lastly I haven't started on the USB Hub Boards but they shouldn't take too long to assemble.

Will post back here once all boards are tested and ready to send out.
Sir ,i don't understand something , why the D2 must be soldered ! Can you tell me why ? I populate the board after i've follow this :saint: . I'm wrong with something ?

Yeah, I realized the same thing after completing the one in the picture. I suppose you could leave D2 off the board if you wanted as I don't think it's actually being used.

I don't have all parts to probe the IO board and SD ram board installed because some parts (cables and adapters are on the way) , but i've see on some guys they didn't solder too and after that i've google search what means "DNI" ... "Do not install" :D ... anyway, i don't understand why some traces are on the board but you must do not install... :whistling:

Wow! That was a lot faster than I thought. How are they creating cores for systems where all of the discreet chips are not known? If that’s the case, these can’t be 100% accurate, right?

FPGA != 100% accuracy.

It's emulation people, just like software based emulation, and is only as accurate as its implementation, just like software based emulation. It (FPGA) can certainly run faster however it's by no means more inherently accurate. It is also hindered in the same way as a software approach in that most ICs are not 100% reverse engineered, clever people can approximate their function impressively close but it's seldom 100% cycle accurate, just accurate enough to work in most cases.

Don't mind me, just irrritated by the deception that FPGA is identical to real hardware.

Just putting it out there. :)

FPGA != 100% accuracy.

It's emulation people, just like software based emulation, and is only as accurate as its implementation, just like software based emulation. It (FPGA) can certainly run faster however it's by no means more inherently accurate. It is also hindered in the same way as a software approach in that most ICs are not 100% reverse engineered, clever people can approximate their function impressively close but it's seldom 100% cycle accurate, just accurate enough to work in most cases.

Don't mind me, just irrritated by the deception that FPGA is identical to real hardware.

Just putting it out there. :)
Yes I agree with you. Unless they have the full specs of the entire board with all the chips, there is no way it can be 100% identical, but I guess you're right, with clever people (like Kevtris) these things can get pretty close.

Eventually these should be at least faster than software emulation!

Original is the way to go if you can though! It's just some boards are getting so expensive, it would be great for those who can't afford to spend $$$$ on a board to still be able to enjoy a game, and in a better way than say a Pandora's Box, or some poorly set up MAME system.

Last edited:
There’s way too much hype on this MiSTeR business IMO. Certain people seem to have devoted their entire life to this thing and people seem to be buying into the clickbait.

Give me a Darksoft Multi or genuine hardware any day over a glorified Raspberry Pi.... meh...

There’s way too much hype on this MiSTeR business IMO. Certain people seem to have devoted their entire life to this thing and people seem to be buying into the clickbait.

Give me a Darksoft Multi or genuine hardware any day over a glorified Raspberry Pi.... meh...
I’m going to quote this post, a little because I agree with you and a little because I’ll bring it back up in 5 years when Night Slasher boards cost the same as a house and you’ll be buying version 4.x of this to play it instead!

I’m going to quote this post, a little because I agree with you and a little because I’ll bring it back up in 5 years when Night Slasher boards cost the same as a house and you’ll be buying version 4.x of this to play it instead!
Part of the appeal of gaming for me is playing on authentic equipment, carts, PCBs, etc. — Seeing as I own a Night Slashers, there’s no need to quote me in 5 years but !RemindMe in 5 when these are being sold off for peanuts like old RPi’s.

Back