What's new
Mister Addons want 80 USD to ship to Sweden/Europe!? I can't believe that board cost that much to ship. I guess I will go with whatever other solution is out there

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to share my complaining :D
MAO is great, but for US buyers. I would assume one of the Euro sellers would be a better deal for you due to shipping and tax, but if you want that sweet, sweet case, I understand.

I think I have a 10% off coupon if that helps.

Speaking as someone who ships international it's really expensive to ship things to Europe. Just not much you can do about it.

It just is what it is. I only ship Priority International too, anything without tracking just isn't worth it.

I have people asking me to do a run of pinball stuff, and I'm putting it off because I'm busy at work right now and I just don't have the time/energy to mange the shipping stuff. It's 'easy money' for the effort, selling a product I developed ages ago, and yet, you can't half ass taking care of customers.

mistercade-shipping.png

Mister Addons want 80 USD to ship to Sweden/Europe!? I can't believe that board cost that much to ship. I guess I will go with whatever other solution is out there

Edit: Sorry, I just wanted to share my complaining :D
The site gave me a high s/h quote as well to Japan. Immediately canceled and went to ultimatemister.com for my setup last year. s/h there came out to about $15 - $20 USD.

I understand s/h is expensive these days, but I've had several boxes from the States shipped to Japan in the past year. And for $80 I got a huge box full of things. =/

I understand s/h is expensive these days, but I've had several boxes from the States shipped to Japan in the past year. And for $80 I got a huge box full of things. =/
With tracking and insurance?

Yeah I've done a good amount of international shipping by now. DHL and UPS are cheaper, but DHL sometimes rakes people over the coals with fees and UPS doesn't do electronic invoices with my workflow. USPS First Class International is bad for business. The estimates you see are my cost plus the cost of insurance, etc. None of this changes anything from the customer's perspective but I hope it helps explain a bit :)

MAO is great, but for US buyers. I would assume one of the Euro sellers would be a better deal for you due to shipping and tax, but if you want that sweet, sweet case, I understand.

I think I have a 10% off coupon if that helps.
Isn't MAO the only place with the mistercade though? Otherise I would try it with another seller based more locally :)

With tracking and insurance?
Yes, tracking and 4-6 days shipping for a bunch of larger stuff at least from Sweden to the USA.
And I got a package waiting for me, from the US, with 2 consoles and some different arcade stuff where the shipping was 70 USD.

Yeah I've done a good amount of international shipping by now. DHL and UPS are cheaper, but DHL sometimes rakes people over the coals with fees and UPS doesn't do electronic invoices with my workflow. USPS First Class International is bad for business. The estimates you see are my cost plus the cost of insurance, etc. None of this changes anything from the customer's perspective but I hope it helps explain a bit :)

The shipping fees was calculated at check-out, and I am not sure if it's based on estimates or something else but it feels way off :x Wish it would be better though, your store seems really nice with a lot of nice stuff :) Just kind of hindering expanding more outside the US :) Especially when we have to factor in customs etc on top of that :x

Isn't MAO the only place with the mistercade though? Otherise I would try it with another seller based more locally :)

Yes, tracking and 4-6 days shipping for a bunch of larger stuff at least from Sweden to the USA.
And I got a package waiting for me, from the US, with 2 consoles and some different arcade stuff where the shipping was 70 USD.

The shipping fees was calculated at check-out, and I am not sure if it's based on estimates or something else but it feels way off :x Wish it would be better though, your store seems really nice with a lot of nice stuff :) Just kind of hindering expanding more outside the US :) Especially when we have to factor in customs etc on top of that :x
No, USPS Priority is somewhat expensive. The estimates are correct. I'm open to suggestions but years into this I haven't found anything obvious. I have a decent amount of customers outside of the US, but most are domestic, logically :)

No, USPS Priority is somewhat expensive. The estimates are correct. I'm open to suggestions but years into this I haven't found anything obvious. I have a decent amount of customers outside of the US, but most are domestic, logically :)
I don't know how things are handled there unfortunately :)

And I am not expecting you to really change anything, I would have just liked to give you my money without giving the shipping company so much of my money :)

Insurance is a must on expensive items. Incentive for the USPS to find your package. Recently had a panel shipped to me from Alberto get lost in the mail. That was back in November. I filed a lost package claim in late December/January. They just got to me two weeks ago that they "had received my claim and was going to look into it". Problem is, the post office clerk told me if a package is unmarked/lost for two months it is sent to Atlanta Georgia to be incinerated. November thru March? Ya my panel is ashes right now :( Waiting half a year for a panel because of one mistake in shipping sucks. So send your packages with confidence and don't cheap out on packaging and shipping.

The amount of money I've saved by going with the cheapest postage option has more than covered the value of the handful of lost packages in the last 20 or so years. And no, I have never asked for my money back on said lost items.

If you're selling, I can totally understand why you would opt for insured shipping only. However, I'm not paying 80 bucks shipping for something that costs 170. Almost 50% more on top of initial purchase price? No thank you.

There should be a digital waiver that you have to sign if you choose USPS. I'd happily agree to that.

And no, I have never asked for my money back on said lost items.
Most people reasonably expect to get the thing they bought. If a package is lost to one of my customers and we've done the reasonable waiting to make sure it wasn't just delayed etc then I'm replacing it. If you don't expect that you're an exception to dealing with customers.

In my experience that's honestly rare. I once shipped something to Austria that was mistakenly routed to Australia instead, someone misread the label. Was eventually routed back to the US, then to the correct destination in Austria. Took longer than I would have liked, but did make it in the end.

But part of dealing with that kind of stress is making sure you're using a service with tracking. It won't always be accurate or tell you the problem, but you can at least see the major movements.

Anyways, the long and the short of it is shipping can be expensive, and if you don't want to pay it then don't. But it won't magically make it cheaper.

Anyways, the long and the short of it is shipping can be expensive, and if you don't want to pay it then don't. But it won't magically make it cheaper.

First-Class Package International Service™
Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Weight 1 lb
$28.25

Hey presto

Totally understandable, no one likes being fleeced by the shipping companies.

It's just a shame that you guys will be missing out on the top product for this awesome device. Yes there is the competition you can opt for, but as someone who has been beta testing this device for the last month, as well as being active in the discord channel and seeing all the features added, the love and refinement put into ironing out all the bugs... I can tell you, this is the best solution out there.

There have been many beta testers putting this through the paces, not to mention the communication and transparency of misteraddon and his inclusion of community requests and suggestions... I support his work over the rest.

Honestly, if it were me faced with this shipping cost, I would coordinate a group-buy, or partner with another person and combine orders to save on the shipping.

Or just pretend that the MiSTercade actually costs $250 and shipping is free ;)

After all the R&D costs put into this device, supplying beta testers with multiple test boards, I was shocked the price was only $170 USD considering the quality of it all. He could have easily asked for $200 and it would still be fine.

I concur with @opt2not by further letting you know that this thing has been hammered to death on multiple traditional cabs, candies in a multitude of test cases and scenarios by some very technical peeps as well as hardcore players, many who are on this board. Tested by the playaz for the players. There's a reason there were 4 or more beta boards and we're finally approaching "Release Candidate" territory just now. Also, truth be told, Beta 1 or 2 would have been just fine in many ways, but that's not the way @misteraddons rolls. It's 100% perfection and refinement or it's nothing...

First-Class Package International Service™
Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"
Weight 1 lb
$28.25

Hey presto
Yes, but we just explained to you why we won't use that service. So there's no magic involved. In my particular case the dimension requirements make it a non option, since I ship my pinball translites flat, but no tracking means it's just off the table anyways. I only send Priority both domestic and international.

Look, I'm just gonna be honest here: if someone doesn't want to pay me what it costs to get my product I simply don't sell to them. If you say "well I want a cheaper route and I'm willing to take the risks" my reply is going to be "not interested in dealing with the headache". Those people are usually just tire kickers anyways.

MiSTer is open source, and there are multiple people working on jamma hardware solutions. That's great. Wait and get the one that works for you, price/feature/shipping wise.

Edit: Sorry not trying to beat this dead horse, just tired of creators always having to apologize for shipping costs or people being mad about that. It's what it costs, you find the value or you don't. It's amazing that this kind of product even exists and someone is willing to mail it to you anywhere in the world in the first place in my mind. I remember the days of it being really hard to even import Sanwa buttons into the US still. We're in a golden era.

Back