What's new
I own over half the rotary LS30 pcb's and a bunch of sticks, they're one of my favourite game types. Every now and then i test them all and 3 pcb's have died in the last 2 years, 2 of those triple board stacks :(
Those particular game boards seem delicate. I have a buddy that was also an LS30 enthusiast and had his game board stacks dying and going in for repairs all the time as well. He ended up quitting the arcade PCB hobby because of it. :(

Dual-stick support has just been added to the MiSTer so I imagine that they plan on having Heavy Barrel aim with the second stick, just like the SNK Collection that came out for consoles a year ago.

Maybe the core will support button mapping for aim rotation too...will be interesting to see.
I wonder if there’ll be spinner support? I gotta get a MiSTer spinner.

I own over half the rotary LS30 pcb's and a bunch of sticks, they're one of my favourite game types. Every now and then i test them all and 3 pcb's have died in the last 2 years, 2 of those triple board stacks :( If Mister adds most of them eventually, I'll buy another one for one of my cabs and start selling of the original pcb's. I'm really beginning to hate original pcb's.... my bubble bobble board has now developed a fault as well.

As we discussed in the other thread, mister still has a long ways to go on the arcade front and it's not a replacement for mame by any means, but what it does do on the arcade side is quite nice and in the years to come i think it's going to be amazing.

Curious how they will interface the LS30's to the de10 though. I hope they come up with something that allows plugging the original sticks direct. Bad dudes is awesome, i spent so much money on that game as a kid.
Been looking into getting the LS-30 sticks and PCB's a lot lately. However the sticks are kinda expensive, rare, and usually the tops are all chewed up from people incorrectly trying to take them apart. If I ever get a hold of the sticks I will start collecting the boards. Didn't know they were fault prone though.

I own over half the rotary LS30 pcb's and a bunch of sticks, they're one of my favourite game types.
Excellent, respect. My point was really that people like you are kinda few and far between, but I'm a big fan of these unique arcade experience style games. Mapping some analog stick to rotation is fine, all for letting people play the games in an approachable fashion, but it's not the same as the original sticks.

My personal rotary stick fav is unfortunately Cal. 50, which uses the more difficult to source Loop-24 sticks, and I've never felt strongly enough about playing it again to put the effort in. I always see either the sticks or the PCB for sale.

As we discussed in the other thread, mister still has a long ways to go on the arcade front and it's not a replacement for mame by any means, but what it does do on the arcade side is quite nice and in the years to come i think it's going to be amazing.
I don't mean to sound negative. I donate to several Patreons and I'm supportive of people doing whatever the heck they want. My monthly contribution is just a splash in the pot.

See what the future brings. My Mistercade setup already has value, I'm not unhappy with it. I'm just watching the politics play out such that it feels like the pressure is on weekly releases or people get mad and antsy. And it doesn't strike me as the best path when there are so few people actively developing for the arcade side. I'd be content with being patient while things get worked on instead of needing a drip.

I own over half the rotary LS30 pcb's and a bunch of sticks, they're one of my favourite game types. Every now and then i test them all and 3 pcb's have died in the last 2 years, 2 of those triple board stacks :( If Mister adds most of them eventually, I'll buy another one for one of my cabs and start selling of the original pcb's. I'm really beginning to hate original pcb's.... my bubble bobble board has now developed a fault as well.

Curious how they will interface the LS30's to the de10 though. I hope they come up with something that allows plugging the original sticks direct. Bad dudes is awesome, i spent so much money on that game as a kid.

+1, also a rotary game fan, I own all the rotary style sticks (and quite a few game pcb's) except for the Loop-24 for Cal 50 (hard to find), but I do own the optical Happ rotarys in place of the Loop-24.

While I'm sure us rotary fans are in the minority, would be cool to see support for rotary joysticks (12 position switch, 24 position optical encoder, 100 position optical encoder) - for game list see here - https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/fs-multi-rotary-pcb.365785/page-3#post-4395075

Hey guys, rotary fan here as well. I own a set of LS30s and also a NOS set of LS30s now! What I'm looking for is an enclosure to put them in. Any ideas or thoughts? I don't have a rotary cab, so was looking for a stick to build or modify just for these sticks.

Most stick are not deep enough though, as the LS30s are crazy deep!

Hey guys, rotary fan here as well. I own a set of LS30s and also a NOS set of LS30s now! What I'm looking for is an enclosure to put them in. Any ideas or thoughts? I don't have a rotary cab, so was looking for a stick to build or modify just for these sticks.

Most stick are not deep enough though, as the LS30s are crazy deep!
I used / refurbished X-Arcade 1P model to build rotary and spinner controllers for my Sigma and HAS supergun. Deep enough for Taito Spinner and LS-30 rotary sticks.

I used / refurbished X-Arcade 1P model to build rotary and spinner controllers for my Sigma and HAS supergun. Deep enough for Taito Spinner and LS-30 rotary sticks.
Thanks for the tip, sadly the 1P model hasn't been made in years and goes for crazy amounts on eBay... I have no idea why though.

See what the future brings. My Mistercade setup already has value, I'm not unhappy with it. I'm just watching the politics play out such that it feels like the pressure is on weekly releases or people get mad and antsy. And it doesn't strike me as the best path when there are so few people actively developing for the arcade side. I'd be content with being patient while things get worked on instead of needing a drip.
Sounds like the early days of the NeoGeo/CPS2 dump/emu scene. Couldn't be that bad, could it? :pompous:

I wish my Mistercade would ship already... :dead:

MiSTercade isn’t too far off from shipping I believe ;)

I've had an empty candy cab (plastic chinese copy cab) waiting since my pre order. Pulled out the crappy games family PC thingy, wired in a arcade PSU, sanwa sticks and buttons installed, jamma harness replaced with a proper one, speakers replaced with higher quality shielded ones. I've got a spare boxed de10nano - Just waiting for that MiSTercade! :)

Anyone
MiSTercade isn’t too far off from shipping I believe ;)
Cool. I received a DHL tracking notification from a company called 4px Worldwide Express today. I wonder if it the MiSTercade. Have a few other items inbound. Find out soon.

283B96B9-49A6-413C-A093-799343144B1A.jpeg

Hey guys, just dipping my toes into mister atm and running a basic setup over hdmi. The video is perfect, no issues with inputs or anything, but across all cores I'm not getting any audio. TV is a Samsung TU8000. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like a Raizing core is in the works: https://twitter.com/pr4m0d/status/1447949909970280448

Said Garegga and Batrider will come first with Bakraid at a late date. Seems like he will focus all his energy into just this one core which is nice (and needed).
He told me the other day he'd been thinking about it, great to see that he's going in. I don't know anything about his programming skills, but he's clearly a good shmup player, so that's promising!

Honestly, that Toaplan board might be my number one wish system for Mister. Some of the best shmups are on it, and they're all very difficult to find, and/or going for ridiculous prices now. Some never got any ports of any kind. It's a genre that really benefits from accuracy and low input lag, just a perfect mix.

Here's hoping it works out!

Snap it in half or put wheels on it and make a skateboard

Back