What's new
neat!

looking forward to this.
Are there any info's out there if it also has build in Ram like the MultiSystem from RMC?

Not sure if this is the place for this. But anytime I run any Cave game, my monitor goes distorted and I only see lines, sound is fine, i can kind of make out enough to bring up the OSD and exit. But it seems to be only the cave core. any ideas?

Not sure if this is the place for this. But anytime I run any Cave game, my monitor goes distorted and I only see lines, sound is fine, i can kind of make out enough to bring up the OSD and exit. But it seems to be only the cave core. any ideas?
Analog video or HDMI? I found that if I change the core settings to run vertical on a horizontal monitor the analog video becomes distorted (but appears correctly with HDMI).

Can you post a photo of what it looks like?

Never had any issues running the Cave cores through Mistercade. What monitor is it?

IMG_6488.JPG

Can you post a photo of what it looks like?

Never had any issues running the Cave cores through Mistercade. What monitor is it?

IMG_6488.JPG
Monitor is a WG 19 K7000 (19k7610)

Attachments

• 18DD35B5-985B-40D4-85E7-A6337EA5F17E.jpeg
    18DD35B5-985B-40D4-85E7-A6337EA5F17E.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 84
Okay, so this part

I found that if I change the core settings to run vertical on a horizontal monitor the analog video becomes distorted
sounds like your problem. Those lines are evidence of a sync issue, you're trying to run the game in a way that monitor doesn't support. Stop trying to rotate it and I'm sure it will look fine, just sideways.

C8CD0B59-9C23-4678-B703-F095A0394C6E.jpeg

Got some serious CPS-2 vibes going on.

Agree with you @Dloop, this actually looks the part. The rest are more like mini PC cases or TV set top boxes.

This case already looks good. I like it much better than all others I've seen so far, including the PC case styles.

This part intrigued me the most - I won't consider a case which does not provide an option to integrate an MT-32 setup as part of the case. Not a fan of all of the exterior based connection setups I've seen elsewhere, they all look pretty janky to me:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPLtw9BrwXU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPRK236LMfI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I also like the mention of what I'm assuming is having the OLED screen display the rom (core?) currently running. That's pretty sweet for sure.

The last pic posted on the Akicus Instagram is from May of last year. Neat to see it still being worked on. I like the look of it too.

EDIT: wait, is it being worked on? All of the pics that have been posted here are old. The one that shows the hinge is from August 2020.

Last edited:
Damn, I should have paid closer attention. Thought it was from May 2022.

That's unfortunate because this is the first MiSTer case I've seen which was truly on the right design track imo.

Does anyone know if lightgun support will pass through Jamma/Mistercade? Lightgun support (guncon or NES Blaster) seems to work pretty well through RCA, has anyone got lightguns to work via Mistercade?

Does anyone know if lightgun support will pass through Jamma/Mistercade? Lightgun support (guncon or NES Blaster) seems to work pretty well through RCA, has anyone got lightguns to work via Mistercade?

NES and PS1 lightguns both work with MiSTercade as long as you have a CRT cab and you hook them up to the MiSTer through SNAC adapters.

I hope more interest is put on the other mostly compatible boards like the de10-standard. Ports have already been done in the past and I have notes about the process of re-compiling existing cores to adjust for the IO differences but then job loss and depression hit.

Curious if anyone might be working toward having the Banpresto Macross arcade shmups available on Mister? Any news at all? Thanks.

Curious if anyone might be working toward having the Banpresto Macross arcade shmups available on Mister? Any news at all? Thanks.
I remember reading something somewhere about someone working on this… but with MiSTer the core is only as good as the person working on it.

Somewhat relevant, but Mazinger Z is on Cave 1st gen hardware which nullobject is chipping away at.

There’s been some sub-par shite coming out, but the hardcore MiSTer fan boys get too excited at anything free in a new update to care about quality.

Lastly while I’m here, I have done side by side plays with real PCBs and MiSTer on a few things. The cores never feel 100% to me. I’d spoken to @rtw about this in the past and he feels the same. Can’t really pinpoint it outside of the fact real hardware feels better for the most part. I will say the colour output for a lot of things is horrible.

Anyone else done similar tests?

Last edited:
I remember reading something somewhere about someone working on this… but with MiSTer the core is only as good as the person working on it.
Ok understood. It may not even be worth waiting for anyway.
Somewhat relevant, but Mazinger Z is on Cave 1st gen hardware which nullobject is chipping away at.

There’s been some sub-par shite coming out, but the hardcore MiSTer fan boys get too excited at anything free in a new update to care about quality.

Lastly while I’m here, I have done side by side plays with real PCBs and MiSTer on a few things. The cores never feel 100% to me. I’d spoken to @rtw about this in the past and he feels the same. Can’t really pinpoint it outside of the fact real hardware feels better for the most part. I will say the colour output for a lot of things is horrible.

Anyone else done similar tests?
Dang it, so I guess I had better track down the PCBs eventually hey.

I like my MiSTer, play it once a month or two, but it’s nowhere near accurate enough for me to replace any of my PCBs. I do however use it for anything not in my collection, so it does serve a purpose. Not like I’m going to sell my Raizing and Cave PCBs for a AIO solution. But like I said, get in where you fit in.

As it stands it’s a still a nice piece of kit with an active community developing for it.

The price and falling exchange rate makes it super expensive… if I didn’t buy my kit back when I did, I don’t honestly think I’d spend the money now.

The only game I really play on it is Tapper funnily enough.

Back