What's new
Direct Video can do 15 kHz but you still have to get it out of the VGA connector and into your JAMMA harness. And the 15 kHz signal the Direct Video outputs isn't amplified correctly for 15 kHz cab monitors. That's why the Kami and other MiSTer JAMMA solutions add an amplifier to the video signals.
Looking at the board and reading comments it would appear the use case is that you go out of the HDMI on the DE10 with an HDMI to VGA adapter, and the Saru has a VGA INPUT that is routed to the jamma connector.

I do think if the Saru does not have a (toggleable) RGB amp, it should.

A DirectVideo DAC gets a JAMMA cab with a 31 kHz monitor (ie Blast City, NNC) and a VGA port working, but not the majority of 15 kHz cabs out there that get their video signals through the JAMMA harness. I assume the 15 kHz cab owners will need to buy the premium Kami product.
You are wrong friend.

Why are there pages and pages of questions and discourse, and the product developer is right here participating, and I still have no clue what's going on.

Raph_friend, I don't wish you or your product ill. But you don't make me feel confident in recommending it or wanting to try it. Just tell people how it works instead of just saying "you're wrong". Cool, they're wrong, correct them.

I have a Mistercade. I like it. But what I like best about it is the customer support has been stellar. PorkChop has gone out of his way to to help me multiple times. I'm confident if I have issues he has my back. That's what I need in a Wild West environment like this, where everything is a little bit in flux at all times.

If you want to compete for my attention at least you need to be transparent and helpful, it's not enough to wrap yourself in some open source mantle.

It's? Wow. I'm not an it's.
Did not claim you were.

The statement I replied to was "just posting insults isn’t adding anything useful".

The subject would be the act of posting insults. To which I said it (the posting of insults) IS in fact useful, as it shows your character.

And slinging insults under the guise of "quotes from popular film" is childish at least own your behavior.

Last edited:
Can you be more specific?
https://mister-devel.github.io/MkDocs_MiSTer/advanced/directvideo/
Why are there pages and pages of questions and discourse, and the product developer is right here participating, and I still have no clue what's going on.

Raph_friend, I don't wish you or your product ill. But you don't make me feel confident in recommending it or wanting to try it. Just tell people how it works instead of just saying "you're wrong". Cool, they're wrong, correct them.

I have a Mistercade. I like it. But what I like best about it is the customer support has been stellar. PorkChop has gone out of his way to to help me multiple times. I'm confident if I have issues he has my back. That's what I need in a Wild West environment like this, where everything is a little bit in flux at all times.

If you want to compete for my attention at least you need to be transparent and helpful, it's not enough to wrap yourself in some open source mantle.
Thanks for your words, if you or anyone need help, just go to my Discord server. I think 99% of people that go there and ask are happy.
MiSTer FPGA is not my project and i'm not a MiSTer seller, people who ordered my products know that's is about support, not proft.

<sigh> Alright, here's specifically why you have to have a video amplifier if you're going to feed MiSTer Direct Video into a 15 kHz JAMMA monitor.

As per the MiSTer documentation, Direct Video can output RGBs, RGsB, or YPbPr.

RGBs voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.
RGsB voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.
YPbPr voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.

But 15 kHz JAMMA is expecting 5.0V peak to peak. You have to use an amplifier to boost the voltage level from the Direct Video output before feeding it into the JAMMA harness. The open-source Himitsu doesn't have that amplifier, so if you do find a way to somehow feed the output from the Direct Video VGA dongle into the RGBS lines on the JAMMA harness, the picture is going to be very dim, if it even syncs at all, since the monitor expects the sync signal to be 5.0V peak to peak as well.

<sigh> Alright, here's specifically why you have to have a video amplifier if you're going to feed MiSTer Direct Video into a 15 kHz JAMMA monitor.

As per the MiSTer documentation, Direct Video can output RGBs, RGsB, or YPbPr.

RGBs voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.
RGsB voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.
YPbPr voltage levels are 0.7V peak to peak.

But 15 kHz JAMMA is expecting 5.0V peak to peak. You have to use an amplifier to boost the voltage level from the Direct Video output before feeding it into the JAMMA harness. The open-source Himitsu doesn't have that amplifier, so if you do find a way to somehow feed the output from the Direct Video VGA dongle into the RGBS lines on the JAMMA harness, the picture is going to be very dim, if it even syncs at all, since the monitor expects the sync signal to be 5.0V peak to peak as well.
No.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIrJ-uvrouI

Alright. This thread is off the rails. We are cleaning up some posts. In my opinion all problems in the last few pages come down to confusion and language issues. My suggestion is to wait until the beta period is over and Raph_fiend has a chance to put together some better literature. If you aren't getting the info you need about the preorder then just wait until it all comes together. I'm willing to help Raph write literature that is easier for English speakers to understand in order to help. I honestly don't understand it all either bit I will speak to him in PM to better understand.

As for the "gatekeepers and no moderation comment", no mod here is gatekeeping Mister info since we don't use it and we don't moderate things we haven't read. The reports came in so here we are.

By the way, there are a few people lately that have been picking at scabs (so to speak) and letting things that are generally non-issues blow up or drag on. We are asking you to slow your roll.

@Mitsurugi-w[/USER] Good moderation ;)

@Raph_friend I think it would be better if you open a thread when you have all the info ready, so you can present it in a thread just for it.
Alright. This thread is off the rails. We are cleaning up some posts. In my opinion all problems in the last few pages come down to confusion and language issues. My suggestion is to wait until the beta period is over and Raph_fiend has a chance to put together some better literature. If you aren't getting the info you need about the preorder then just wait until it all comes together. I'm willing to help Raph write literature that is easier for English speakers to understand in order to help. I honestly don't understand it all either bit I will speak to him in PM to better understand.

As for the "gatekeepers and no moderation comment", no mod here is gatekeeping Mister info since we don't use it and we don't moderate things we haven't read. The reports came in so here we are.
Thanks both of you for your help, there's a topic already about JAMMA HIMITSU here:
https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...-source-addon-for-de10nano-mister-fpga.21173/

Discord sucks. There are plenty of reasons why I prefer reading and referencing technical information on this forum. Please don't ask us to join a Discord server for troubleshooting when the developer is an active poster on this forum and their feedback can be made available for everyone publicly.

Discord sucks. There are plenty of reasons why I prefer reading and referencing technical information on this forum. Please don't ask us to join a Discord server for troubleshooting when the developer is an active poster on this forum and their feedback can be made available for everyone publicly.

Tag, your it, let the dog-piling continue. Two days straight. Only now he isn't tagged. Where is your project list? What grants you the right to dictate to other creators? Nice likes btw.

Trying to take this thread back a little, anyone has tested the newly released Irem M72 core and the supported games there yet? That also owns the original hardware :) How is it?

I recorded some audio from my OG M72 PCB for the M72 core author and he’s using them to make the core’s audio more accurate in the next release. :thumbsup:

4DD7CA9B-F6E4-419C-9ACE-790E9F309E32.jpeg

Back