What's new
NEO GEO CD tutorial :

1. Put .rbf file in Consoles folder
2. Put "MiSTer" in the root . If is the case , replace the old you have with this one !
3. Put "top-sp1.bin" in games / NEO GEO folder
4. Put .chd (i used Ironclad.chd) in games / NEO GEO folder
5. After lunch the Neo Geo CD core , enter in the menu core and select "System Type : CD"
6. Lunch the game.
7. Enjoy !

Rbf + MiSTer ini are here : https://www.sendspace.com/file/a79ybk
Bios is here : https://github.com/Abdess/retroarch_system/blob/libretro/SNK - NeoGeo CD/top-sp1.bin
Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to get this going. Finally able to play Scotland in Neo Turf Masters!
A365440E-8F4B-461C-8DB1-2DDB6EAEF577.jpeg

Also first time playing Ironclad.
AED8DB32-27F0-4F8D-80E9-022BA5037ADB.jpeg

I’m going to try to get the translation of Samurai Shodown RPG going as well.

For the MiSTercade make sure these two lines are present in your MiSTer.ini

Code:
player_1_controller=16D0:10BE.0001
player_2_controller=16D0:10BE.0002

Hi @Natt I tried adding these two lines, and it didn't seem to do anything. If, when booting up Joust (in my case) - I hit a P2 button or joystick after the core boots - that set is designated as player 2 per the note from the mistercade manual.

"NOTE: The MiSTer platform resets the controller assignment whenever a new core is loaded. The first input pressed on any controller after a reset assigns that controller to be Player 1. Thus, if you press a Player 2 direction or button on your cab after a core loads, Player 2 will be assigned as Player 1."

Matt

"NOTE: The MiSTer platform resets the controller assignment whenever a new core is loaded. The first input pressed on any controller after a reset assigns that controller to be Player 1. Thus, if you press a Player 2 direction or button on your cab after a core loads, Player 2 will be assigned as Player 1."
I think the information is now outdated if you check the github commit for the MiStercade repo it was recently added to solve the problem you have.

Add fixed player assignments for P1 and P2

https://github.com/misteraddons/MiSTercade-Config/commit/24a1c23b20e181e7408b3c3f5fcf51f2afaf3ad1

Also posted here in the MiSTercade thread by Misteraddons:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...e-mister-for-jamma-cabinets.19382/post-359455

Have you also updated to the latest MiSTer main?

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_MiSTer/tree/master/releases

Last edited:
Well - that is a great question - I did an "update_all" last week - but maybe MiSTer didn't get updated - let me check my version.

EDIT: User error - I had the lines under the [MENU] section - I moved them up in the config, all works now - this is fantastic!

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:
Irem M92 by @wickerwaka is now ready to be used as Alpha release .

https://twitter.com/wickerwaka/status/1640161735918354432?s=20

For using this , please remove "ALPHA" from .rbf file name. (this goes in _Arcade / cores folder)
Mra files goes to _Arcade folder (there i made a folder IREM M92 and i put mra's here)
Rest of the games should be tooked from mame 0.245 , put them in folder "games , mame"

Cheers

Last edited:
Another interesting question - with Track and Field - in the menu - under dip switches I have it set to "don't erase scores".

But - when the system reboots - none of the scores are saved - world records, etc. It's all back to blank. Any way to fix this? Do I have to actually exit out of the core to save the settings, vs. just power cycling it (I have it on a timer)?

Matt

Another interesting question - with Track and Field - in the menu - under dip switches I have it set to "don't erase scores".

But - when the system reboots - none of the scores are saved - world records, etc. It's all back to blank. Any way to fix this? Do I have to actually exit out of the core to save the settings, vs. just power cycling it (I have it on a timer)?

Matt
You might have to open the core menu for anything to permanently save.

This is true for consoles, so it's worth a try.

You might have to open the core menu for anything to permanently save.

This is true for consoles, so it's worth a try.

When you say "open the core menu" - do you just mean jumping into the mister menu? I tried this - jumped into the dipswitch area, and then exited out of the menu. I then power cycled the Mister - and the world records were gone. Pretty sure it didn't save the top 200 - but figured it should save the world records.

Matt

Just set up my MiSTercade and everything is great except for it randomly is reading a MP input on the player 2 side. It only happens when a joystick is plugged in on that side and I think it happens more frequently if I'm pushing a direction on it. Mashing it around in circles on the character select screen of a fighting game will always make it choose a character for me without me pushing a button. It might not be a MiSTer issue but I don't remember having this problem with the Pandora's Box I was using before.

When you say "open the core menu" - do you just mean jumping into the mister menu? I tried this - jumped into the dipswitch area, and then exited out of the menu. I then power cycled the Mister - and the world records were gone. Pretty sure it didn't save the top 200 - but figured it should save the world records.

Matt
That is what I meant.
Sounds like a bug to me.

Just set up my MiSTercade and everything is great except for it randomly is reading a MP input on the player 2 side. It only happens when a joystick is plugged in on that side and I think it happens more frequently if I'm pushing a direction on it. Mashing it around in circles on the character select screen of a fighting game will always make it choose a character for me without me pushing a button. It might not be a MiSTer issue but I don't remember having this problem with the Pandora's Box I was using before.
The first thing I would do is check the wiring, especially the grounds. Use a multimeter with Mistercade off to test the continuity. If it beeps while the mistercade is off, you can rule out the Mistercade as being the issue. It's possible something came a little loose when you switched out the PCBs.

The first thing I would do is check the wiring, especially the grounds. Use a multimeter with Mistercade off to test the continuity. If it beeps while the mistercade is off, you can rule out the Mistercade as being the issue. It's possible something came a little loose when you switched out the PCBs.
I know how to check from the button to the JAMMA harness, but I'm not sure how to test the grounds.

Thanks for the heads-up! I was able to get this going. Finally able to play Scotland in Neo Turf Masters!
A365440E-8F4B-461C-8DB1-2DDB6EAEF577.jpeg
Just wondering if anyone else had the experience where the core goes wonky in turf masters if you try try to save your game between holes by pressing D on the leader board screen.
I'm using the 0424 core. This has happened every time, regardless of the disc image in use.

I understand the core is not official yet but I want to make sure it's not just my setup.

0424 core also seems to still require the alternate/unstable MiSTer build? My MiSTer was last updated on 4/17. Maybe that's the reason.

Edit: After running update_all.sh, 0424 core no longer requires alternate/unstable MiSTer build. Turf Masters is still wonky.

I noticed Tru Rip images seem to work better than CHD files, on Turf Masters (only game I tested). Audio seems to get weird when using CHD.

Last edited:
Back