What's new
Is this somewhere in the F12 menu?
It’s the MiSTer menu. Same as hitting the OSD button on the IO board. On my cab I simply hit Start+Down now then I can move up and down the list of arcade games, then I hit “A” to start. Simple.

I know it’s not useful in your situation. But also via that function moving left or right through the sub menus, I can change the volume of games and enter the config settings which most users will enjoy.

Perhaps the best thing to learn all this is to run through the button remapping, hitting space on the keyboard to skip the items you know about and see which other menu/OSD ones suit you?

It’s the MiSTer menu. Same as hitting the OSD button on the IO board. On my cab I simply hit Start+Down now then I can move up and down the list of arcade games, then I hit “A” to start. Simple.
Ahh, I dont' have an IO board:
my setup looks like this:
xmister-hardware.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.0qjNeehTEp.webp

althou several jamma hats/options seems to be under way, its really quiet about them.. :/ hope to be able to buy soon..

Have no idea? Someone also pointed out there’s no vent for the air from the fan to escape.

Jammix seems to be available now too.
I don't understand this design, what am I missing?

The ITX form factor is one way to get a case, a little big, but lots of cheap options out there so that's cool. But if you do that you can't access the jamma edge, so what's the point exactly?

Clearly I'm not actually plugging a jamma harness into this layout:

E_upUJ_XIAABWpp_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I don't understand this design, what am I missing?

The ITX form factor is one way to get a case, a little big, but lots of cheap options out there so that's cool. But if you do that you can't access the jamma edge, so what's the point exactly?

Clearly I'm not actually plugging a jamma harness into this layout:

E_upUJ_XIAABWpp_1024x1024@2x.jpg
The main draw here is mounting into a SFF chassis. It just happens to have multi purpose to allow for Jamma. Connecting to Jamma would be similar to mistercade with its stand off locations outside of a case.

I think the point is versatility, not that you would use both JAMMA and an ITX case mounting at the same time.

I ordered 2 of the JAMMIX boards. I liked the versatility of the board. I'll be using 1 for sure as an arcade board. Probably the other one as well. But nice to know I can change these to PC simulator builds pretty easy.

I've got a MiSTercade and i'm super happy with it. I've decided to put a second MiSTer in a vertical cab. I was on the MiSTercade "notify me" list, i got the email at like 3am while i was sleeping, went to check around 10am and they were already sold out, doh!

So any opinions here on what would be a good alternative that's in stock? JAMMIX looks good and appears to be in stock - has anyone here tested one out yet? It's only shipping in the US so id need to use an agent to get one as i'm AU based, so would be keen to hear feedback from someone.

Back