What's new
Weird thing, I fired up my Mistercade for the first time in a while tonight. Did a quick pass through update_all and started to play, but had no sound out of the JAMMA edge on any cores. I switched it over to the RCA outputs and it works fine. Tested both methods in my blast, switching the connector on the blast side from line to amplified as appropriate. I've verified that the amp standby and switch on the DE10 itself are set properly, but it was working fine the last time I used it so I'm reasonably confident that part was ok. Tested voltage at the edge and seeing 5.2 and 11.7 as I'd expect.

Did something big change that I need to account for in my config? I can try reflashing my SD, but I don't feel like that's the issue since line out seems to work fine.

Nothing changed, so that's odd. Is your audio amp heatsink warm? Trying to think of what else to check.

Nothing changed, so that's odd. Is your audio amp heatsink warm? Trying to think of what else to check.
Well, it's not getting warm, but I tested it in another cab and it's working fine. So something has let go in my blast, just not sure what yet. I know it needs an amp/ps rebuild, so maybe something there.

But the good news is my Mistercade continues to work!

MiSTercade Manual and Quick Start Guide have both been updated with a warning to not connect a CPS2 Player 3 & 4 connector - damage to the MiSTercade controller can result.
If you must use a CPS2 Player 3 & 4 harness for kick inputs on Players 1 & 2, disconnect the Pin 5 wire. Be aware that MiSTercade does not support Player 3 & 4 inputs through the CPS2 kick harness connector anyway.

So, I just got my de10 today and after a bit 0f trouble shooting got sound from my blast on both the jamma edge and RCA. My only issue now is that I can't get the 15k image from the jamma edge, I have to use the VGA cable if there a way to change the brightness and contrast ? The control board on the blast is at the lowest and it's still excessively bright causing the colors to bleed. If I use the jamma edge it just scrolls vertically but I can adjust the color/brightness.

Also is there any way that I can set the buttons once and it copy over to everything in the same core. I'd like to be able to just use the service button for credits but it always ask me to assign the credit/pause. Just minor I can can live if not

Are you using the 15 kHz mister.ini file?

As for controls, unfortunately they have to be bound on a core by core basis.

Are you using the 15 kHz mister.ini file?

As for controls, unfortunately they have to be bound on a core by core basis.
I am I initially had the 31khz but moved the 15 over after doing more reading. I never added the .ini to the 31 but I did to the 15 after deleting the 31khz

So, I just got my de10 today and after a bit 0f trouble shooting got sound from my blast on both the jamma edge and RCA. My only issue now is that I can't get the 15k image from the jamma edge, I have to use the VGA cable if there a way to change the brightness and contrast ? The control board on the blast is at the lowest and it's still excessively bright causing the colors to bleed. If I use the jamma edge it just scrolls vertically but I can adjust the color/brightness.

Also is there any way that I can set the buttons once and it copy over to everything in the same core. I'd like to be able to just use the service button for credits but it always ask me to assign the credit/pause. Just minor I can can live if not
All of the mappings are in my repository on GitHub. Long story short, not possible to simply map once and have it work on all games - each game must be mapped.

Regarding sound, make sure to toggle switch “SW0” on the DE10-nano :)

All of the mappings are in my repository on GitHub. Long story short, not possible to simply map once and have it work on all games - each game must be mapped.

Regarding sound, make sure to toggle switch “SW0” on the DE10-nano :)
Much appreciated I got the sound going haha. The last thing I have to figure out is image, I'll keep messing around with it. The 15khz displays from the jamma edge, but it's rolling. Using the VGA it's unable to be adjusted from the monitor control board. I'll keep tweaking

Much appreciated I got the sound going haha. The last thing I have to figure out is image, I'll keep messing around with it. The 15khz displays from the jamma edge, but it's rolling. Using the VGA it's unable to be adjusted from the monitor control board. I'll keep tweaking
Make sure csync=1 is set in mister.ini

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sNWtecxOQg-1FJMGFDnYVJwjnFGGuQbG/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sPYRPuIagNPtBjJvchReI2HYCXqQYNwp/view?usp=sharing

So i checked the csync it was at 1. I took a couple videos in the links. the stable one is with the VGA, the brightness issue doesn't show well on video but imagine it's pretty much maxed to the point the colors bleed especially with reds. the other is the vertical rolling issue I get when it's just the jamma video. It's in a blast with the manual sync monitor and it's set to 15khz.

Both the 15 and 31 on vga have this brightness issue. Other than that, it's pretty much running fine

The VGA is 3V video, so probably best not to run it off that unless you know that your monitor is ok with it. It's the same signal as the JAMMA edge and will show as clipped.

Regarding sync, I'm not sure what the issue could be. Does your monitor work on other JAMMA 15kHz games?

It does, it's the same cabinet I run 3rd strike and my other cps2 stuff on. I'll try doing a fresh image to the SD and setting up from scratch. I feel like I did something in setup.
Thank for the replies and help

Hello,
I have a question maybe someone can help.

Does the mister accept 100 volts?

Im putting a mister on my vewlix which has a step down so the vewlix is running japan 100Volt. if i plug in the mister power supply inside the vewlix is that safe?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 70
Back