What's new
Hello,
I have a question maybe someone can help.

Does the mister accept 100 volts?

Im putting a mister on my vewlix which has a step down so the vewlix is running japan 100Volt. if i plug in the mister power supply inside the vewlix is that safe?

If you flip over your power brick in your photo you will see a sticker with some writing on it. Mine came with a brick that is rated at 100-240v, so it would work fine.

IMG_0389.jpg

If you flip over your power brick in your photo you will see a sticker with some writing on it. Mine came with a brick that is rated at 100-240v, so it would work fine.

IMG_0389.jpg
Thanks, i saw that but I thought maybe the mister with all the attachments and all that it would need a specific type of V , but you right 😅. I did not want to mess it up.

......i'm an idiot. So I watched the youtube tutorial and did a fresh install. only then did I realize where I went wrong. I was using the AC adapter in addition to the jamma in my blast. I booted it up without the adapter and wow 0 issues.

Let's laugh at simple mistakes haha.

I see nothing funny to laugh about - believe me, we've all been there in a similar sitauation at least once. Glad you got it figured out! :thumbsup:
Remember that one time I had the wrong switch enabled? Haha this is par for the course as we all learn and enjoy here. I blame it on our excitement of the hobby. So much great gear to test and play with 😁

@misteraddons any idea on when the add-on to support 2x ram sticks might be available? Pardon my thirst, just excited for what's coming both on the Mistercade side and in general with the MiSTer project. I'm especially looking forward to the multi cabinet setup and aforementioned add-on board.

@misteraddons any idea on when the add-on to support 2x ram sticks might be available? Pardon my thirst, just excited for what's coming both on the Mistercade side and in general with the MiSTer project. I'm especially looking forward to the multi cabinet setup and aforementioned add-on board.
Is this possible with the current revision of Mistercade? I see the ability to add a second SDRAM on the board somewhere, the question is will it have bandwidth concerns since MiSTerCade is also using the second set of GPIO pins?
Ultimate question is what core will require that second SDRAM since PSX core can manage without. Maybe Saturn? Maybe CPS3?

Not possible on the current Mistercade design, one of the slots is taken to connect to DE-10.

I'm looking to get full bells & whistles/no compromises for the upcoming higher powered cores: Saturn, PSX, Jaguar, etc

Ultimate question is what core will require that second SDRAM since PSX core can manage without. Maybe Saturn? Maybe CPS3?

I finally invested in a mistercade since xed had the hookup with the de10s, must have been fate that the pre-orders opened when they did, but this is kind of a "for the future" purchase for me since I'm really excited to follow how the CPS3 core eventually develops. I think/hope it eventually does some really great things for making competitive third strike more accessible financially for those that need the high-end stuff for tournament use...but if I end up needing a 2nd sdram slot/entirely different mistercade for it after I finally forked over and was able to secure a unit it's gonna destroy me inside LMAO. A monkeys paw definitely curled somewhere :P

I finally jumped in recently as well. I've been streaming a lot off the cabs lately, and having a Mistercade to capture and easily switch games during a stream is worthwhile as much as I dig original boards. :D

It's just a lot less stress on old hardware as well, as well as on my nerves - had a M84 Hammerin' Harry recently kick out during a 5 hour session. :D

Anyone know the dimensions for the barrel connector that supplies power to the DE10 Nano/MiSTer?

5.5 x 2.1mm, center pin positive I believe.
Cool. I might make an entry into the MiSTer arena and I might have some of these laying around somewhere:

1647183744703.png

If I did, I would hook it up to a cab via the JAMMAizer with Daemonbite Encoders for controls. I already own JAMMAizer and feel it is more flexible than MiSTercade. Power would tap JAMMAizer's test points or the solder points under the VGA Hat header:

1647184686284.png

Feed that 5vdc to a regulator like this:

1647183894071.png

What do you guys think?

i have a mistercade. i dont know too much about how to use the mister and stuff but i could help test it out if u like. i think its worth trying out.

I don't doubt what I just suggested would work, I am just trying to figure out how to even be more economical :). But I am probably overthinking it and in my pains to be too economical, I'll end up buying and trying out more stuff than I need. I mean, that voltage regulator I posted is $3.00. I'll probably buy like 3 of those regulators. 1 will be used for MiSTer/JAMMAizer in the way I described and the 2 others to power optical joysticks from console or USB power.

having a jamma edge for the mister while maintaining 2 ram slots for new cores would be dope
I know this is a mistercade thread, and I don't mean to step out of bounds, but you should take a look at the Irkenlabs Jamma Expander if you are looking for something that has both slots free on the DE-10 but will connect to a Jamma cabinet. https://irkenlabs.com/jamma-expander/introduction I have both products and they both work wonderfully.

I have a Mistercade, like it, and I'm always happy to hear about alternatives or just comparing how things work, for what it's worth.

Honestly at this point no matter what you're doing with your mister you're basically an early adopter barely out of beta testing. Everything is raw and in flux, never know what's going to change or become a requirement as people figure shit out.

I'm happy with what I have. If I can't run Saturn games in my cab that's okay, though I probably would try the shmup ports at least. Right now I'd settle for the guy who was making the Cave core to stop being vanished, I keep paying into his patreon still in the hopes that he's still around in some way.

Oops. though this was just a MiSTer discussion thread. I'll take this discussion elsewhere. Unsubscribing.

Back