What's new
There's a big sale over @ https://misteraddons.com/blogs/news/fathers-day-mega-sale

Sale ends Tuesday, June 18th at 11:59PM Mountain Time.
Came here to say this. Thanks so much! 3 hours left. $50 off MiSTercade Versus!

MiSTercade V2 is in production and due in July. Works with MiSTercade Versus and Remote!
https://misteraddons.com/products/mistercade-v2-kit-mister-fpga-jamma-arcade-kit

@ShootTheCore is working on the documentation and testing as we speak :)

(Posted with the wrong account again :)

The production sample is in my cab as we speak. :thumbsup:

IMG_0886.jpeg

Thanks so much! 3 hours left. $50 off MiSTercade Versus!
You're very welcome.

I had the Versus in my cart but removed it at the last second ... keeping only the remote and 2 Reflex Encode Fighting Boards. Oh well. still a bargain ;)

Last edited:
Hey folks! Odd question here, and I apologize in advance if it's been answered already. (I've been searching extensively but haven't found an answer yet.)

I've been running the MisterCade in my Big Blue JAMMA cabinet for a couple years now and it's been awesome. I use it exclusively for arcade cores. However, I've ran into one issue that I've never been able to figure out revolving around the coin button mapping.

On my cabinet, on the coin door, I have a credit/coin button wired up to the coin switches to easily add credits for the games that do not have a freeplay option. This works like it should on most arcade cores, however there are several cores that I've noticed don't work with this button and I have to remap the "coin" button to another button as the Mister doesn't detect it in the menu for the P1/P2 remapping. (I.E. if I try to remap the coin button to my credit/coin button, it doesn't register it when I press it.)

What's even odder is that some games will work just fine with my credit/coin button by default. However, if I go through the process of remapping buttons, the Mister will not recognize the credit/coin button and I'll be forced to use another button to coin the core up and thus, will never be able to revert back to my original coin/credit button. To give a specific example, recently I experienced this while running Super Street Fighter 2X: Grand Master Challenge. Everything was working just fine - some friends and I were playing and using my credit/coin switch button to add credits and coin the game up. One of my friends wanted to use their own fightstick, so we plugged it in and he was able to easily map his fightstick and buttons. However, when it got to the "coin" button, the Mister would not recognize my cabinet coin/credit button and we were forced to use a different button for the coin which was very annoying. Aside from removing and readding the core, I'm at a loss for a solution.

It doesn't make sense to me why the Mister would work just fine with the coin/credit switch button on my cabinet, but then not detect it within the remapping menu.

Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?

Thanks guys!

-Jim

@jimbodeanny I’m pretty sure I see the same thing - but just with a coin mech. There are still a few mysteries with button mapping for me as well. When trying to map games that have P2 Start and then coin, the dedicated P2 Start and coin buttons I’ve setup wont accept the input.

Yeah, it's like the MisterCade ignores the JAMMA/cabinet coin switch button in the button remap menu. It's like it doesn't recognize it as a mappable button, yet prior to that, the JAMMA coin switch on the cabinet works just fine as the "coin" button -- and by default, it works that way as it should. Not sure what the deal is.

Hi all. I’ve just tried using the headphone out on the Mistercade remote and no sound comes out. I’ve tried two remotes and two Mistercades with no luck. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help 🤙🏼

Further to this, one remote’s volume knob doesn’t do anything either. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Regarding Coin Input mapping, try changing the COIN 1 = COIN 2 DIP Switch on the MiSTercade and see if that gets it working.

Regarding MiSTercade Remote and no sound, did you flip the switch on the MiSTercade PCB to route the audio to the Remote?

T
Regarding Coin Input mapping, try changing the COIN 1 = COIN 2 DIP Switch on the MiSTercade and see if that gets it working.

Regarding MiSTercade Remote and no sound, did you flip the switch on the MiSTercade PCB to route the audio to the Remote?
Thanks @ShootTheCore, I can always count on you for help. I moved two jumpers labelled L & R from Local to Remote but it didn’t change anything. I’m running an admin board upstream from the remote, so perhaps that has an effect. None of the buttons on that remote except Reset worked either, so maybe more is going on. I’ll keep tinkering.

<3 Hope I can get one of them
Me too!

I cannot overstate how great the MiSTercade is. It's totally changed how I play arcade games. I put one in my Candy 25 last year and it hasn't left the cabinet. All of my hori PCBs have been gathering dust since.

Waiting for the V2 release and I'll be building a second one for my vertical cabinet.

微信图片_20240712104302.jpg
微信图片_20240712104317.jpg
微信图片_20240712104311.jpg

I bought this one which sells in China . This one can use for arcade (JVS& JAMMA two way ), and also suport Mister . It is really good and a valuable price.

Okay, so I got around to testing this and turning this DIP switch on didn't help the issue.

I recorded a short video explaining and showing this issue. Hopefully there's an easy solution. Otherwise, this is going to continue to be a major frustration.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZxUMJsAo4

Quick note in regards to the video. SSF2T: Grand Master Challenge did work with my coin switch/credit button originally by default. But it no longer works because I went through the button remap and when I got to the "coin" mapping, it wouldn't allow me to use the coin switch.

Okay, so I got around to testing this and turning this DIP switch on didn't help the issue…
Beautiful cab! I have no clue as to the cause of the issue but have a couple suggestions 🤔

Before redoing your sd card, you could try Pork’s Mistercade Mapping script - this will override (i believe) all of your current mappings to suggested/optimal mappings. You may have to customize anything that isn’t to your liking but this will give you a new base level to work from.

https://github.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings

A possible workaround is to “add additional buttons” (I’m not at my mistercade now so I can’t remember if that’s the right verbage.) After you map your buttons in the normal way, you have the option to add additional buttons. You would have to use your kb to skip the coin input, then select “yes” when it asks if you want to map additional buttons, then navigate to “coin” and see if you can map it there. If you can’t figure out how to get here, let me know and I’ll get on the cab and get the details. Good luck!

Beautiful cab! I have no clue as to the cause of the issue but have a couple suggestions 🤔

Before redoing your sd card, you could try Pork’s Mistercade Mapping script - this will override (i believe) all of your current mappings to suggested/optimal mappings. You may have to customize anything that isn’t to your liking but this will give you a new base level to work from.

https://github.com/misteraddons/mistercade_mappings

A possible workaround is to “add additional buttons” (I’m not at my mistercade now so I can’t remember if that’s the right verbage.) After you map your buttons in the normal way, you have the option to add additional buttons. You would have to use your kb to skip the coin input, then select “yes” when it asks if you want to map additional buttons, then navigate to “coin” and see if you can map it there. If you can’t figure out how to get here, let me know and I’ll get on the cab and get the details. Good luck!

Thanks. Yeah, it's so bizarre since everything is standard JAMMA wiring so you'd think the coin switch would map just fine to "coin" as it does with the default MisterCade arcade core mappings. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been brought up much, if at all before. It definitely seems like some sort of bug.

I won't have access to my cab for a while, but will try your suggestions when I get to it.

Well I’m not sure how common it is - I’ve run my mistercade on three different (candy) cabs and never had an issue, using coin slot and mistercade remote to coin up.

Well I’m not sure how common it is - I’ve run my mistercade on three different (candy) cabs and never had an issue, using coin slot and mistercade remote to coin up.
That's just it. The coin slot/switch works just fine with the default mappings. But if I need to remap the "coin" back to the coin switch (like it was before), it won't let me. Usually, it's a non-issue as I rarely need to remap things back to what they were, but there are certain cases.

For instance,
1) Cores that I don't like the default button maps and want to remap.
2) Cores that don't use the JAMMA coin switch to coin up (there aren't tons, but there are some.)
3) If playing a fighting game (like Street Fighter) where someone plugs their own fightstick in. Afterwards, I need to remap that side to the cabinet controls.

Back