What's new
There's two sets of wires, one pair each. One is an input, the other an output. You need to remove the transformer from in between and connect the input wires to the output wires.

There's two sets of wires, one pair each. One is an input, the other an output. You need to remove the transformer from in between and connect the input wires to the output wires.

Got it. Will dig in later!

Reactions: nem
The supergun is working properly with an original jamma board. Where should I check for the continuity of button 1 and 2 ?
raffy92,
Did you fix the buttons issue? I have the same problem with my Sigma supergun when connected with mistercade as well.

raffy92,
Did you fix the buttons issue? I have the same problem with my Sigma supergun when connected with mistercade as well.
Not yet, I didn’t have time to focus on it.
I am wondering if it could nt be just a setting issue just a button enabled or disabled somewhere .

Has anybody put together a STL file for a case, for the remote V1 on the Mistercade? I'd buy the 'official' one, but the postage is nearly twice the price of the actual case - so not really practical.

Has anybody put together a STL file for a case, for the remote V1 on the Mistercade? I'd buy the 'official' one, but the postage is nearly twice the price of the actual case - so not really practical.

Yeah, I did. I recommend getting some cabinet bumpers for the bottom to keep it from sliding around.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5475533

I finally pulled the trigger with MiSTer and pre-ordered this for my Blast City!

I have always been that "real hardware only" guy but prices on PCB's are sky rocketing and I have had that De10 Nano on my closet for at least 2 years (got it cheap and un-opened) so I thought lets give it a change!

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 14.06.39.png

Hope that XL + Bottom plate fits with v1.2 too, just noticed that it does not list it as supported.

I'm planning to do "tate only" setup like in this video, hope I got everything needed for that. PS1 snac was just some extra if I want to do light gun stuff later on.

View: https://youtu.be/icRuUh8SIC0

I finally pulled the trigger with MiSTer and pre-ordered this for my Blast City!

I have always been that "real hardware only" guy but prices on PCB's are sky rocketing and I have had that De10 Nano on my closet for at least 2 years (got it cheap and un-opened) so I thought lets give it a change!

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 14.06.39.png

Hope that XL + Bottom plate fits with v1.2 too, just noticed that it does not list it as supported.

I'm planning to do "tate only" setup like in this video, hope I got everything needed for that. PS1 snac was just some extra if I want to do light gun stuff later on.

View: https://youtu.be/icRuUh8SIC0
Nice, you're going to love it! Double check to be sure; but I don't think the lite kit includes a top-plate which you'll need in order to connect the remote :)

@nassekova, looks like the lite kit does include a top:
Included with MiSTercade v1.1 Lite kit:

• MiSTercade JAMMA PCB
  • MiSTercade Top Plate
  • MiSTercade XL PCB
  • MiSTercade Bottom Plate
  • Mounting hardware
  • 40 mm fan
  • 20x20x10 mm heatsink
  • USB bridge to connect to DE10-nano

And yes, the v1.2 will be compatible afaik.

Last edited:
Nice, you're going to love it! Double check to be sure; but I don't think the lite kit includes a top-plate which you'll need in order to connect the remote :)

@nassekova, looks like the lite kit does include a top:

And yes, the v1.2 will be compatible afaik.

Thanks! I will add that to my current order.

EDIT: They actually replied to the chat asap and all those plates are already included:

"The XL board is included in the lite kit so you don’t need anything beyond the Lite kit except for the SDRAM and DE10-nano "

So I need to remove the XL board from that order.

EDIT2: They refunded me that XL board, super fast customer service!

Last edited:
@ShootTheCore or @misteraddons I’m just doing some prep work to put my MiSTercade into my Windy II cab using the breakout board. There’s currently no Jamma or JVS wiring in place. It was in running in a Jamma Blast City prior. During testing recently I plugged it directly into the VGA connector in the Windy and video worked fine. I didn’t change anything such as the having 31khz ini file? What does this mean? What do the 15/31khz ini files do? Will all my 15khz roms be upscaled or can these monitors display 15khz through the rgb input? Cheers guys.

The Windy II uses a Nanao MS-2930 chassis board and Toshiba tube, which is pretty much the same as the MS-2931 in the Sega Blast City. The monitor will display both 15khz and 31khz content, so it's fine with the 15khz that your MiSTercade is currently outputting through the VGA port. These monitors do have a sharper picture with 31khz though, so if you plan on keeping your MiSTercade in there for a while, you may want to swap over to the 31khz file.

The 15/31khz files simply change the MiSTer's analog output (through both the JAMMA connector and VGA connector) between 15khz and 31 kHz. Some monitors can only handle one or the other. Your Windy monitor does both.

> Will all my 15khz roms be upscaled or can these monitors display 15khz through the rgb input?

15khz is the native output of most of the MiSTer's arcade and console cores. If the MiSTer INI file is set to 15khz then no upscaling is performed - the signal matches the original hardware. For monitors that require a 31khz signal, changing the MiSTer INI file to 31khz tells the MiSTer to do line-doubled (fast) internal upscaling.

Because the connections to the Konami IO had already been butchered for a MAME setup, I had the idea to connect them to the Misteraddons breakout board. I just used a cheap box of DuPont connectors. On each header I used 2 x 5x1 connectors and 2 x 4x1 connectors. Good progress for me. Hope it works.

Out with the JPAC.
CEE49B3E-FD45-4610-A9B8-EE72E05672BD.jpeg

Crimp the pins
56633017-B67B-4D15-97BA-90CE4A4BFCB3.jpeg

Connect to board. A couple of common wires are connected to the screw terminals as they’re too large a gauge for the pins and connectors.
AA3FD0B5-C3BB-490F-81BE-96D2A5B8B002.jpeg

Ready to install. I will perhaps need to add the coin counter wires.
C588EBF1-898E-422E-B2CD-1EDE7E19717D.jpeg

Back