What's new
Results from the meter test. I get good continuity from everything EXCEPT P1 down. Triple checked the colors just to be sure. Must have just had the harness sitting funny when I had those color issues that day. Will double-check hooking up multiple PCBs to the MK30 this weekend to confirm that there is no color issue. Looks like my problem is P1 down then. Guess I need to lift some of this epoxy and resolder the connection.

Sounds like a loose connection for sure. Would be good to reflow all the points on the edge connector and clean it up :). Good work @Joko3 — getting there!

Check the pins in the harness that contact the board, sometimes over the many insertions the pins get bent and don't make as good contact as before, you can try bending it back to match the others.

The harness is fixed now. Turns out the color issue was coming from the connection into the OSSC. The cable I have is a different shape (the male SCART has a female 8 DIN port). While wiggling the male SCART into the OSSC my finger backed out the 8 DIN cable slightly. Here's the test video I made for an interested party last night showing everything working again.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM02syTnomo

Thank you for the help everyone!

Sold and shipped to the new owner via this forum. This thread was linked to them for clarity and reference. They wanted one six years ago but couldn’t pull the trigger at the time. I’m glad that someone who’s wanted one for a long time now owns it.

Back