What's new
For Sale

SailorLodestar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know a service like this in Southern California? Is it possible to schedule a house visit for someone to recap my blast city monitor?

I need to turn the contrast all the way up to get the screen to be bright enough.

Not saying it's impossible, but a house visit for a recap is probably a stretch. Help if you were more specific as to where in SoCal, big ass end of the state really.

I need to turn the contrast all the way up to get the screen to be bright enough.
Have you tried adjusting the screen pot on the flyback?

Could be a tube issue too and not a chassis problem.

Have you tried adjusting the screen pot on the flyback?
Nah. I didn't know that was a thing. I've only adjusted the remote. Do you know where I can find a diagram or picture of that?

For reference I think I have the stock nanao monitor. The first one that's manual tri-synch.

Not saying it's impossible, but a house visit for a recap is probably a stretch. Help if you were more specific as to where in SoCal, big ass end of the state really.
Los Angeles. Maybe a stretch but the biggest county in the country is the best bet.

Nah. I didn't know that was a thing. I've only adjusted the remote. Do you know where I can find a diagram or picture of that?
On the back of the monitor there are two knobs. One adjusts the focus, the other the screen, which is basically the brightness.

On the back of the monitor there are two knobs. One adjusts the focus, the other the screen, which is basically the brightness.
Read this and found them. I think I was able to improve the image a little bit over what it was when I got it from KC. There's text in some of the steam games that wasn't as legible before.

Contrast still needs to be up to get a reasonable brightness of picture but the main reason I was trying to lower it before was because I saw text was sharper with contrast down. That problem's solved.

Typing of the Dead is really immersive now. Thank you!

Recap is kind of 'always a good idea' in theory, but it's a big catch all to fix things that might not need fixing. So now that you've messed with the screen I definitely recommend doing the above adjustments too. Really best to work with the tools your monitor gives you before busting out the soldering iron.

Back