What's new
Want To Buy
J

jassin000

Been looking for one of these for a while now.
Yup they are all over eBay thats true, but not for what I say its worth.
70$ is the max I'm willing to pay and that includes shipping, 50$ if I'm paying shipping on top.

Also I'm only interested in the "Klassic" version as seen here...
129917.jpg

I don't care if the joystick actually "works" or not, I don't need the cord or box, first thing I'm going to do is totally gut/rip its insides out.
I want it for its body, and nothing more/else.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't mind me asking why do you prefer the Klassic stick over the Tournament Edition version?

I've always though the TE looked awesome and the Klassic art looked poorly matched to the stick design.

I've always though the TE looked awesome and the Klassic art looked poorly matched to the stick design.
Its for playing MK1 and MK2 PCBs on my HAS...
It looks very close to the OG control panel of a MK1 cab and it has correct colors (red stick, blue kicks, red punches, white block).

Sure its got that fucking abomination of a run button, which pisses me off big time cuz I HATE MK3/UMK3/EverysingleMKafter2, but I'll put a hole-plug in it.
Just like I did with that stupid 8 button bullshit on the Madcatz sticks.
mYuNYcP.jpg

IMO the biggest failing of the stick design is the micro-USB connector for the cable. they should have gone with a fill-sized USB B or Ethernet style connector.

I mean if you want an MK1/2 stick then you should buy the cheaper TE stick, remove the sticks and art, fill the run button with a wooden dowel and bondo and then make an custom MK2 themed overlay for it.

the original cab CPO lends itself to a single player stick pretty well, you'd really just need to move/remove the logos:
Mortal_Kombat_2_CPO_-_Control_Panel_Overlay_-_Premium_3M_Vinyl_1200x1200.jpg

I thought about buying the entire control panel/box from a real arcade machine (I've priced it out and it actually IS comparable to buying two of these overpriced sticks).
But for a supergun setup, player 1 and 2 aren't going to want to be packed-in right next to one another.

the cheaper TE stick
Remember that great joystick you gave me?
I got an adapter plate for it and was so excited to install it/use it... But when I did can you guess the problem?

The depth of the stick extends past the base of the madcatz body.
The TE stick is the same thickness, in fact its actually even a little bit less.

So no, you'll never be able to get the proper stick into a Madcatz body, and that's the entire reason for my quest (aka MK plays like shit with Sanwa and Semitsu).

I'm talking about the PDP Mortal Kombat TE stick.. which is IDENTICAL to the Klassic stick except for the art and button color. and for some reason sells for 1/2 the price (probably because a lot more produced which makes the Klassic stick more rare)

I had one of those MadkatznTE sticks with the MK plate. The best option for that to replicate a US stick is a JLF, GT-C gate, a 3lb spring and a bat top. It still doesn't feel 100% authentic and will certainly not pass the highlander test, but it's not too shabby imo.

I'm talking about the PDP Mortal Kombat TE stick.. which is IDENTICAL to the Klassic stick except for the art and button color. and for some reason sells for 1/2 the price (probably because a lot more produced which makes the Klassic stick more rare)
When they showed off the Klassic stick to us at a GameStop conference bitd, they had plans and prototypes of an MK2 and UMK3 stick as well. The MK2 stick was identical to the original with a spot for a run button added in and the UMK3 one was a combo of the actual panel art and the purple skeletons from the title screen. It's a shame they never saw the light of day.

yeah I don't think they sold too well, a few months after release you could buy them super cheap.

the price has been slowly recovering recently as collectors are buying them up now.

yeah I don't think they sold too well, a few months after release you could buy them super cheap.

the price has been slowly recovering recently as collectors are buying them up now.
Yeah I remember buying one for next to nothing once they hit clearance. That was early 2011 though, so those things sat for awhile.

Back