What's new

SNK-NEO-GEO

Enlightened
Reaction score
Wow we.. Love it man.. Ohh why is it that I do not have someone with your skills set close to my area.. Love that Ashtonishwave.. Ship it to me :thumbsup:

Wow ...That's just amazing !!! thanks for shearing.

I wonder would this work for a sega blast city or a sega astro city ?

Wow ...That's just amazing !!! thanks for shearing.

I wonder would this work for a sega blast city or a sega astro city ?
Im not that familiar with the Blast but I have investigated this for a AC or NAC.
Nothing is impossible but it would be tricky in a NAC as it has a separate monitor frame and the monitor is bolted to the cab very high up close to the hood.

very true on the NAC, and the blast also has a separate monitor frame. guess its just easier to pulling the monitor out and rotate it.

thanks for the reply

Result:With a lot of help and prototyping from a friend on a Swedish forum we managed to create some rot-mech arms that fit a true Flat 29" CRT tube.
The arms was made for a LG/Phillips tube but also fits other tubes as the Matshushita/Toshiba Pure Flats.
I'm curious which (true flat) 29" CRT tubes you are referring to. I guess you mean 29" TV tubes? If so can you recommend any TV brand, models? I picked up a Sony KV-E2961D as backup for my MS 2930 but that tube is actually a bit smaller then the Toshiba tube. What would be the 'perfect' CRT TV alternative for a 2930 in your opinion? Or a general good arcade CRT => TV model alternative?

No TV tubes here.
The 29" inch flat tubes I am using are from the Toshiba Pure Flat Arcade monitor, Tri-sync and can be found in a NNC with the chassis D29C051. Amazing monitor. :)
It can have a Toshiba tube or Matsushita.

One other flat arcade monitor I tested was a Wei-Ya with a LG-Phillips tube, it did fit in the rot mech but the picture was not even close to the Tosh PF, so I sold it.

No TV tubes here.
The 29" inch flat tubes I am using are from the Toshiba Pure Flat Arcade monitor, Tri-sync and can be found in a NNC with the chassis D29C051. Amazing monitor. :)
It can have a Toshiba tube or Matsushita.

One other flat arcade monitor I tested was a Wei-Ya with a LG-Phillips tube, it did fit in the rot mech but the picture was not even close to the Tosh PF, so I sold it.
Doh! ;) Thanks for the info.

Monouchi, I still think you should take preorders and reproduce your rotate mechanism for the E3s & AW cabs. I would certainly buy 2 kits, I would pay $400-600 for a kit.

I would also change the plywood out for a HDPE Sheet like these, but it would make the cab a bit heavier though:

hdpe_sheets-xl.jpg

Also, on the cabs that you did the lcd conversion, did you mount those on a rotatable bracket??

Produce kits would be nice but that is for someone else to do.
I got help from many people over at different Arcade forums with manufacturing the parts and they did the parts in their spare time.
I was more like the planner and tester.

I had a rot mech in the Naomi LCD project, but left that out in the finished E3HD cos of stability but also that you can lift the LCD plus frame with one finger, so rotating it is even faster than a E2. :)

I got help from many people over at different Arcade forums with manufacturing the parts and they did the parts in their spare time.
Are the measurements in the various diagrams the final ones? If so, I wouldn't mind looking into having a few kits made up here in the states. Friend of my father owns a metal shop, so I'm sure I could at least get the metal parts done no problem. And my father's a woodworker by trade.

No idea where you'd find the plastic roller things though.

Perhaps we can work together as a little community to put a bunch of these guys together? :)

Just to double-check, these measurements are for the Toshiba PF?

The stock AWSD flat-screen will not work?

Nicely done man. This could not have been easy. This was an amazing amount of work and incredible end result!

Are the measurements in the various diagrams the final ones? If so, I wouldn't mind looking into having a few kits made up here in the states. Friend of my father owns a metal shop, so I'm sure I could at least get the metal parts done no problem. And my father's a woodworker by trade.

No idea where you'd find the plastic roller things though.

Perhaps we can work together as a little community to put a bunch of these guys together? :)

Just to double-check, these measurements are for the Toshiba PF?

The stock AWSD flat-screen will not work?
Then name it "Monouchis Rotation Mechanism" ;)

Seriously though, with the right tools you can make one of these pretty quick.
The diagrams are final, the wooden board one is very messy though and needs some fit-testing if done again.

As said earlier, I do have tested with other flat tubes and I´m 98% sure that a stock AWSD screen would work.

Nicely done man. This could not have been easy. This was an amazing amount of work and incredible end result!
Thanks.
Not easy but fun, kinda expensive with final cost at 560 for parts only.
The hard work is lifting around a 50 kg crt tube wielding the fragile glass neck around narrow metal parts.

Hey Monouchi,
Excellent work on that rotatable monitor setup! Seriously sweet and ignenious!

On another note, I noticed in your sig that you're looking for an Egret II 1l6B...
There's someone on shmups posting a few(though they look like copies, but thought it might interest you ;)
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=57093
Thanks supa!

Yes, Ive seen those repros, very nice but I am looking for an original. :)

Then name it "Monouchis Rotation Mechanism"

Seriously though, with the right tools you can make one of these pretty quick.
The diagrams are final, the wooden board one is very messy though and needs some fit-testing if done again.
But of course it should be named Monouchi's Rotation Mechanism!

Shot you a PM regarding one missing measurement on the arms. Have everything done in CAD except for the plastic rollers and wooden board.

You'd said the wooden board is an exact copy from the Egret 2? If so, I will just copy my own. :)

Perhaps in bulk the price can be cut down a bit.

Very impressive work Monouchi :thumbsup: can you tell me if a Toshiba tube like this would fit in an EGRET II ?

Back