What's new

FrAshi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blast City with Nanao MS-2930.

In 15hz mode (using a cps2 multi), I have about 2 inches on the left and right. I’ve read something about a switch on the chassis to go wide... anyone know about this? I’ve messed with most of the adjustments on chassis and it’s helped with picture quality and curvature but I can’t seem to figure out how to get any more horizontal width.

Attachments

• 10607DCC-DD33-4B5B-B89C-EEC61B426C21.jpeg
    10607DCC-DD33-4B5B-B89C-EEC61B426C21.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 141
Thanks! There is a jumper cable to go from “narrow” to “wide”, found it with some FB help and it definitely widened the image.
7BF0CE2F-D10B-4543-B8A3-39EE1E28DBE5.jpeg

Wow, I had no idea! And I thought I knew this chassis inside out.

I stand corrected then!

Honestly, I think it would be there more for adjusting s-correction (horizontal linearity) than actual width, like it does on a MS9, but if it works, it works.

The only chassis I’m familiar with is the K7000 so this is a new beast for me! I’ve got the control board horizontal length and HSL cranked, with the jumper switched to wide, and still an inch on both sides isnt filled, but it definitely improved things in 15khz mode. I guess caps are next but I haven’t learned that skill set yet, fairy new to all of this. Thanks again for your response!

Heres where she’s at now:
A22D7F76-4742-44F6-8E3B-FEAF2A510E5B.jpeg

That's not normal. I haven't had any issues with getting CPS2 to show full screen on a MS2930.

I swapped in an MS2931 on my Windy 2 and had the same issue where I couldn't fill the horizontal. I had to adjust (very very slowly mind you) the HV pot on the board. Not sure if it is the same on the 2930 but I figure I would put it out there since the 2931 is similar.

I am by no means a monitor expert so please do your research before adjusting.

Last edited:
I swapped in an MS2931 on my Windy 2 and had the same issue where I couldn't fill the horizontal.

That's different, because you paired the chassis with a yoke that's not the original one.

But you're right, it could possibly be a low B+. I think that's more likely than caps. I think B+ is supposed to be 180VDC. According to grant, you're supposed to measure the voltage at the fuse near the PCB for HV regulation.

Back