What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
How does the original work? Do you need an extra I/O for the 3rd and 4th player?

nem

Enlightened
Reaction score
Normally yes, but I think you can get all four player controls working with one Capcom IO (two players off the jamma edge, two more on the 'kick harness').

Does 4P functionality work in any other game with the Capcom IO? Anyone here tried it?

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
What is the reason behind? Because the MultiJVS can respond with any configuration to the JVS. So it should be good for 1-2 players at least.

rtw

Champion
Reaction score
What is the reason behind? Because the MultiJVS can respond with any configuration to the JVS. So it should be good for 1-2 players at least.
It will work with 1 to 2 players but how would you connect player 3 and 4 to the MultiJVS ?

invzim

Champion
Reaction score
Well I stand corrected. I guess it's worse than I thought.
Yes and no, if the game sends the poll request carefully and synced with vsync - there is no need to poll more frequently, given that the IO board returns the current state of input of course.

winteriscoming

Champion
Reaction score
And for options 3-4 players options to play powerstone 2 ?
This probably will not work, though I don't have specifics for what is even required for 4p power stone. For one thing, I wonder if there are even enough inputs. The firmware is not set up to report more than 2 players, IIRC.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
This probably will not work, though I don't have specifics for what is even required for 4p power stone. For one thing, I wonder if there are even enough inputs. The firmware is not set up to report more than 2 players, IIRC.
If you aren't using a Capcom i/o player 3 and 4 is accomplished by chaining a second i/o to the first i/o as a second node.

mv1f

Student
Reaction score
Yes and no, if the game sends the poll request carefully and synced with vsync - there is no need to poll more frequently, given that the IO board returns the current state of input of course.
Totally. I was just referring to the issue with Capcom IO which I had previously said was "overblown". If IO is generally only polled at framerate then having a full frame of delay baked in is definitely worse than I thought.

strider973

New User
Reaction score
Power stone 2 use directionnal+3buttons
set the capcom converter i/o switch to 4 players (1 & 2 + credit on jamma ,3 & 4 + credit (12v) on 4PLAYERS kick harness(more wire on it , different from 456buttons kick harness)
in test mode >system assignement set to 4 players. this is the only thing i know.

Mitsurugi-w

Arcade Admini-Moderator
Staff member
Legendary
Reaction score
Or we will when they arrive here.