What's new
You would need a usb switch and I dont know if they make those because the nature of usb. Obviously a USB hub will not work. JVS uses usb cables but it is not usb.

You would need a usb switch and I dont know if they make those because the nature of usb. Obviously a USB hub will not work. JVS uses usb cables but it is not usb.
A usb kvm switch comes to mind but that would only be useful for switching between multiple io boards on a single cab (in theory) not sure if that would even work. I guess it would come down to if the JVS standard supports hot plugging.

I think someone else is already working on a solution for USB controllers. It will be a separate device altogether.
Just to pile on the derailing of this thread, if it was this project you were referring to :D
IMG_2888.JPG

This is vapour ware at best that happens to have a PCB made for it - 2021 earliest. Only thing certain is that it has 2 USB ports for controllers.

Yeah after talking with @Derick2k I would like to be considered for one.

Pairing this with @invzim 's JVS-PAC2 would make this thing even more insane.

Also all of those on the fence because you have a JAMMA machine. It's easy enough to take a JAMMA fingerboard and a CPS2 kick harness adapter like the one you get from JNX and crimp together a 60 pin adapter. Just need a solid pin-out to follow.

You got one of the units of the first batch. A new batch should be ready in a couple of weeks.

I have a JVS-PAC2 and also interested in the JVS 1.0 - not sure how the pairing would be best utilizes or options it provides. Would this somehow provide more peripheral options to use with Sega hardware? Just curious as to some of the unique options in combining these two items. Thanks.

I have a JVS-PAC2 and also interested in the JVS 1.0 - not sure how the pairing would be best utilizes or options it provides. Would this somehow provide more peripheral options to use with Sega hardware? Just curious as to some of the unique options in combining these two items. Thanks.
On real arcade hardware not so much, as nothing really pushes what the JVS can do. The only thing that really push the capabilities is when you hook a PC up to it. The reason I say this is the Sega Type 3 and Taito JVS actually will support 8 buttons per player. This comes in super handy when running modern games on Steam or higher end emulators that have controllers with 10 thousand buttons (ok slight exaggeration) (like Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, and stuff like that) but you get the picture.

But like I said for straight up actual arcade hardware .. there's no real gain from the pairing.

However being able to swap any JVS system and then throw a PC in the same cab without re-wiring or changing out hardware is awesome! Then in theory if there was a way to convert the signals coming off the Neo Geo ports to .. say Xbox 360 (one), Wii, or PS4 (5) because then you can throw consoles into the mix and literally run everything off of one cab.

..but I digress.

Would be neat if it works with Europa-R games

Last edited:
Back